PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer

Freya
11-28-2014, 03:29 PM
OMOVFvcNfvE

What think?

blackmage_nuke
11-28-2014, 03:36 PM
That the lightsaber crossgaurds seem counter intuitive to the purpose of a crossgaurd.

Otherwise the camera angles seem generic but I'll hold off judgement until I actually see it.

Pheesh
11-28-2014, 03:39 PM
May as well have been a teaser really, still made me incredibly happy inside.

That lightsaber with the added guard things poking out was pretty goofy looking though.

Freya
11-28-2014, 03:43 PM
It is the teaser trailer. I should have... uh put that. WHOOPS

Pike
Thirding the lightsaber looking dumb, the rest was pretty good though.

I liked the soccerball droid.

Jinx
XwamV1fbYQk

Freya
11-28-2014, 03:45 PM
maybe he can pull off the guard and use them like mini lightsaber daggers!

Old Manus
11-28-2014, 03:53 PM
black stormtroopers are now canon

Jinx
11-28-2014, 04:15 PM
I dunno, I think the crossguard lightsaber looks pretty sick. From a functional standpoint, however, it doesn't make much sense.

Psychotic
11-28-2014, 05:25 PM
Yeah the Lightsaber is just to make him look badass. I mean, Lightsabers in general are worthless. Luke should've swung at Vader, and as Vader raised his to defend himself, pushed the button to turn it off, then turned it back on again. VOOM.

blackmage_nuke
11-28-2014, 06:16 PM
Yeah the Lightsaber is just to make him look badass. I mean, Lightsabers in general are worthless. Luke should've swung at Vader, and as Vader raised his to defend himself, pushed the button to turn it off, then turned it back on again. VOOM.

But then the force wouldve alerted Vader to either step back or take the moment the saber was off to counter slice.

Psychotic
11-28-2014, 06:34 PM
But then the force wouldve alerted Vader to either step back or take the moment the saber was off to counter slice.Then it should've alerted him not to get his ass kicked in the actual movie!

Jdeadevil
11-28-2014, 11:17 PM
Never been much of a Star Wars fan, so I think I cringed most when the soundtrack played. I thought the "Dark and the Light" bit was kinda cool though.

blackmage_nuke
11-29-2014, 12:24 AM
Then it should've alerted him not to get his ass kicked in the actual movie!

Lukes attacks of impulsive anger wasnt predictable by Vaders clairvoyance. You cant rely on one premeditated trick to win you a fight when your opponent has minor clairvoyance.

And then the force probably alerted him not to walk directly into force lightling but he did it anyway.

Pheesh
11-29-2014, 01:52 AM
Use your anger psychotic, strike out at him with your words! Give in to the power of THE DEBATE SIDE! With the Debate Side of the force you could be the most powerful ruler on the forum, nay, the Internet!

Night Fury
11-29-2014, 01:58 AM
I've had this pre-ordered on blu-ray special edition for 3 years now.

Aulayna
11-29-2014, 12:39 PM
I need new pants.

Chibi Youkai
11-29-2014, 09:50 PM
Have to agree, a hilt like that on a lightsaber is pretty counter-intuitive, but it's a good teaser. Can't go wrong with an x-wing. Even Garmin knows that; you can set your car to be an x-wing.

Shlup
11-30-2014, 01:17 AM
The hilt just makes me want tiny lightsabers. Gonna go around shanking people.

Chibi Youkai
11-30-2014, 04:00 AM

What would you call such a thing? lightknife? Knifesaber?

Hannibal_Khan
11-30-2014, 04:35 AM
Yea i dont like the lightsaber

Spooniest
11-30-2014, 05:56 AM
The points of the crossguard look like little blowtorches...is this how lightsabers are supposed to function?

THE INTERNAL LOGIC OF THIS FANTASY WORLD IS BREAKING DOWN

HELP ME JEEBUS

Yamaneko
11-30-2014, 06:32 AM
Star Wars VII - So Very Tired

Spooniest
11-30-2014, 06:00 PM
Star Wars VII - So Very Tired

Worked out ok for Star Trek, let's see how Star Wars handles having to grow up... :monster:

Bubba
12-01-2014, 01:17 PM
Bloody teaser trailers. They're over just as soon as they've started.

It's like they've been startled or something. But they'll be back... and in greater numbers.

Del Murder
12-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Too much teaser, not enough trailer.

The lightsaber was dumb but the soccer ball droid was cool so it evens out.

Endless
12-02-2014, 09:00 PM
I read a comment somewhere saying that the crossguard wasn't a guard, but exhausts for the extra power that saber has. It makes more sense than a guard, too, given the ragged look of the blade and its length.

Chibi Youkai
12-03-2014, 12:41 AM
That makes one wonder. Previous lightsabers have no exhaust. So, is the one shown cobbled together by someone inexperienced, and therefore less efficient? That could be one reason that it looks so ragged and needs an exhaust.

Bolivar
12-03-2014, 01:21 AM
Not enough to get a grip on what's to come. It looks like it will at least be a great action movie but that was already a given. My favorite part was definitely the X-Wing bit.

Looks like the first full trailer will be coming with the Avengers movie in May:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/02/new-star-wars-trailer-expected-before-avengers-age-of-ultron

Sephex
12-03-2014, 01:48 AM
I thought of a couple of explanations of how that lightsaber will work.

1.) Both Jedi and Sith rely on a massive amount of discipline. Some people have said that the weapon looks very inconvenient to use. Perhaps it is designed that way on purpose to make the handler a very skilled swordsman since he/she would have to be very careful with the weapon for obvious reasons. I mean, despite how much people rag on the prequels no one really complains about the double lightsaber. If anything, it's an aspect of the prequel than even people revolted by those films have at the very least passively accepted. Also, I think that the double sided saber is infinitely more dangerous to wield than this new one.

2.) It's an exhaust system/has a defensive purpose like some people have suggested in this thread. Maybe it would hurt like a bitch if you touched it, but it would be more difficult to sever a limb? Yeah, this point is weak, I know.

3.) How I'm willing to bet how it works is that as the lightsaber is in use, the "sides" will deactivate when it gets too close to the user's hand(s) and reactivate when the user's hands aren't in danger. So that way it can still serve as an extra defense in most cases. Perhaps it is mechanically or force controlled? No matter the case, I won't be surprised if the "sides" don't stay on the entire time.

Also, despite how much I put thought into it, I think it's a silly thing to get hung up on. Frankly, I just hope the film will be en enjoyable watch at the very least. A mildly silly looking lightsaber is no reason to push the panic button. I know the teaser was short, but it looks like they are only using CGI when it is only necessary, which is a big positive in my opinion.

Jinx
12-03-2014, 02:03 AM
I thought of a couple of explanations of how that lightsaber will work.

1.) Both Jedi and Sith rely on a massive amount of discipline. Some people have said that the weapon looks very inconvenient to use. Perhaps it is designed that way on purpose to make the handler a very skilled swordsman since he/she would have to be very careful with the weapon for obvious reasons. I mean, despite how much people rag on the prequels no one really complains about the double lightsaber. If anything, it's an aspect of the prequel than even people revolted by those films have at the very least passively accepted. Also, I think that the double sided saber is infinitely more dangerous to wield than this new one.

I actually really love this explanation.

Ayen
12-15-2014, 05:44 AM

Lightsaber batons!

The look on the Sith's lightsaber doesn't bother me. I like the look of the teaser and curious to see what the finished product looks like.