PDA

View Full Version : But I want to stay up!

Pumpkin
11-30-2014, 04:14 AM
So lately I have been going to bed at a reasonable hour. I know, it's crazy. It happened sometime in early November. It might be because Martin the cat wakes me up meowing every morning at 9 on the dot. I used to go to bed around 2 am and wake up around 10. Now I go to bed at like... 11, 12 at the latest.

So now it is past 11 and I'm really tired, but I feel like staying up. I haven't stayed up late in a while. But too sleepy!

Am I the only one who does this? Ever feel like staying up just for the sake of staying up? If/when you do feel like that, what do you do, go to sleep, or stay up as late as you can?

Vyk
11-30-2014, 04:17 AM
Yeah, I refuse to let life, obligations, animals, or people keep me from enjoying my nights. Our cat does the same thing, and I manage to ignore her until she shuts up. But usually it doesn't last quite that long, because my girlfriend always gives in around 9'ish too. Our cat isn't noisey though. She gets in bed with us and rubs our faces until we move

But long ago I adopted the habit of taking an evening nap for the sole purpose of staying up late. I usually take a 3 hour nap, and stay up til 3. In essence making my bedtime similar to being midnight. It's a compromise, and nothing important ever happens around dinner time anyway. Even before the days of napping, I always felt a lull in the day around then. It just felt boring and tiresome for some reason

My mind is way more active once the sun goes down anyway. But yes, I pretty much just stay up late simply for the sake of staying up late :]

Shorty
11-30-2014, 07:21 AM
My internal clock starts winding down at 9, makes me sleepy at 10, and ready for lights out at 11. But if I'm working on something, I will be so focused and watch time tick past as I stay up o 1, 2, or something 2:30am D: I used to stay up that late every night. Now I'm an old lady and programmed for a work schedule.

Pike
11-30-2014, 10:30 AM
Sometimes I do want to stay up and play video games, but I always tuck myself into bed at about 7:10pm because I know that if I don't my next day will suck.

I place sleep very high up on my personal importance chart because how much sleep I get (and when I go to sleep) determines how tired I will be the next day, and that determines how good my next day will be. I'd rather go to bed on time and be nice and refreshed the next day, than stay up a little extra and then regret it.

noxious.sunshine
11-30-2014, 12:01 PM
I've gone to bed early all this Thanksgiving holiday time.

In bed by 1 a.m. ha.

escobert
11-30-2014, 03:19 PM
I always stay up as late as possible since it's hard for me to get to sleep so I gotta be tired. I also work/wake up better with 6 or 7 hours of sleep compared to 8 or so.

Vyk
11-30-2014, 03:36 PM
I'm tired regardless, especially if I have to get up early. Going to bed early does not make getting up early any easier for me, so I eventually just said screw it and enjoyed my nights since I would be tired when I get up regardless. I honestly have to medicate to feel rested these days, and in that regard, it also doesn't matter how much sleep I get when I do it. 4 hours can feel extremely restful. Though it probably also helps that I don't have a set work schedule. They switch me between day and evening shifts

Pheesh
11-30-2014, 03:45 PM
When I'm in full blown work mode I will be in bed by 9 or 10pm whether I like it or not. I am one of those people that will fall asleep while laying on the couch if I'm tired.

escobert
11-30-2014, 04:02 PM
I'm tired regardless, especially if I have to get up early. Going to bed early does not make getting up early any easier for me, so I eventually just said screw it and enjoyed my nights since I would be tired when I get up regardless. I honestly have to medicate to feel rested these days, and in that regard, it also doesn't matter how much sleep I get when I do it. 4 hours can feel extremely restful. Though it probably also helps that I don't have a set work schedule. They switch me between day and evening shifts
maybe check into getting a b12 supplement and nascent iodine supplement.

Vyk
11-30-2014, 04:15 PM
I've got a wide range of supplements available when the need arises, so I may add those to the list then if it'll help