PDA

View Full Version : MyFitnessPal

Pike
11-30-2014, 10:47 AM
Friggin' great app. I started using it like 45 days ago and I've already lost ten pounds. :aimsun:

The best part is! I didn't have to tweak my routine or eating habits as much as I thought I would. I'm quite grateful for my job; just showing up for a few hours means gives me a few hundred extra calories to play around with. Things get a little dicey on my days off, though :blush:

Oh also you can just scan a barcode and it automatically sticks it in the app. Just brilliant.

Talk about how great this app is, or alternatively discuss your progress you've made with it so far! :monocle:

Aulayna
11-30-2014, 11:42 AM
I'm up to an 86 day streak on it now. I've lost 27lbs so far and have my next weigh in (I only weigh myself once a month, the first Friday of every month) on Friday. Hoping to be around 33-35lbs down.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/ashliiful

noxious.sunshine
11-30-2014, 12:03 PM
I used to have this...

I should put it back on.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
11-30-2014, 02:45 PM
I just started using this again! It is great. I got down six pounds before Thanksgiving rolled around and I ate my way back up a few pounds.

I also use this app in conjunction with my Nike Running+ App and the Apple Health App

escobert
11-30-2014, 03:18 PM
I need to gain weight -_-

Vyk
11-30-2014, 03:51 PM
Sounds interesting... >.> I gained way too much weight at my new job, and the girlfriend who loves real meals too much. Back when I worked with animals I could graze off food and eat little bits whenever I wanted. Now I have a real job with a set lunch time, I have to make sure I don't have a blood sugar crash beforehand, and have to eat enough to last until the end of the day. My metabolism hasn't liked any of that garbage

Pike
11-30-2014, 03:54 PM
I need to gain weight -_-

You can tell the app you want to gain and it will calculate that out for you too.

noxious.sunshine
11-30-2014, 04:13 PM
Oh! I forgot I used SparkPeople!

Their website is free to use and you can have buddies and groups and things. The app is $4 I believe (1 time payment, obvs), and you can track everything. And it has meal plans you can follow or you can just go freestyle and put in your own foods (it has the barcode scanner as well, but their database is pretty extensive- even has the nutritional info for many many chain restaurants- both fast food & fine dining) as well as recipes and stuff.

I just reinstalled it right now, but last time I had it, the mobile recipe database wasn't that great. It's been awhile though, so maybe they've gotten more of what's on the website onto the app.

Quindiana Jones
07-16-2022, 01:09 AM
I have a strong hatred of MyFitnessPal and always have.

I used SimpleMacro to track my food, and a spreadsheet to track my workouts. :colbert:

Dr. Acula
07-17-2022, 08:53 AM
I used a "fitness" app for about half a day until it essentially said I should starve myself to lose weigh (NOT the reason I was using the app, but ok) so I uninstalled it and ate a burger.