PDA

View Full Version : FFs Iconic Moments

Wolf Kanno
11-30-2014, 08:50 PM
This thread was inspired by a conversation with a friend about FFXIV but basically the premise of my question goes like this: If Squenix was making a game that was to heavily feature throwback elements from previous FF games in the form of the most iconic moments of the games what do you feel has to be shown from each game you've played?

For example, for FFVII you would want to see the Opening Bombing Mission, Aerith's Death and the Nibelheim Flasjback because in your mind they are the game most iconic moments. So what moments do you feel make up the most iconic moments from each game.
To make this more challenging, limit yourself to only three moments from each game and no repeating moments if you were to include sequels.

Colonel Angus
11-30-2014, 10:25 PM
FFX- Laughing scene

The Man
11-30-2014, 10:42 PM
FFIV: Mt. Ordeals, going to the moon
FFV: Galuf's death, the recombination of the worlds
FFVI: Opera, Floating Continent, transition to World of Ruin
FFVII: Opening, Aerith's death, Lifestream sequence with Cloud/Tifa
FFIX: Arrival to Terra, "You're not alone" sequence

chionos
12-01-2014, 01:55 AM
FFVI: Being swallowed by a "Zone Eater," Cid death, Phoenix Cave/Locke+Rachel story.
FFVIII: Garden vs. Garden/Balamb crash, Lost in Space (lol, not really)
FFX: The Kiss (even if I don't like Tidus+Yuna), Ronso fight
FFXII: None: I love this game, but it's not the kind of game that has iconic moments, sadly.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-01-2014, 03:53 AM
For VIII, it has to just be the opening fight between Squall and Seifer. I was so impressed with that cutscene, and it is the thing that got me into the series overall. I'd also have to go with the assassination attempt.

DanielCLFFF13
12-01-2014, 04:49 PM
For me the most Iconic moment of Final Fantasy is where I finally get my hands on Final Fantasy XIII for the first time, like a month ago. It's the one moment that I really glad it really happened. I've been of Final Fantasy XIII for about 2 years or more, I don't know. But only able to play it about a month ago.

But if I need to say about in-game iconic moments,

FFVII : where Tifa needs to find Cloud when he's out of his mind. Bike mini game, not the one in Gold Saucer, but when being chased by giant robot thing. and the last : Caith Sith sacrifice scene.
FFVIII : Dancing scene, Date scene somehow I can't get to have a good date with Rinoa. and the last The Ending scene not after the battle, but the CG ones. I can't understand how could they survived from that place. Then suddenly got back to Balamb Garden for CG scenes. Like what happened after Squal meet Edea for the last time?
FFX : The Turn-based battle system, Kimahri smile scene, The Ending.
I haven't beaten Final Fantasy X-2 yet. But I give one iconic moment FFX-2 : The return of ATB system
Also I haven't beaten Final Fantasy XII, so for now just one iconic moment FFXII : The return of open world Final Fantasy also the battle system is quite unique.
As for Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Lightning returns, I haven't beaten them. I want to write the most of the most iconic moment of each game :)
But this is my opinion :)

Masamunemaster
12-02-2014, 04:58 AM
I'm sorry to say the cloud and tifa lifestream moment was boring to me. But if you throw the weapons escaping then I'll be interested again.

From VIII I would have to say the ragnarok going to tears point.

Shiva95
12-02-2014, 01:29 PM
FFVI: The Opera, Celes suicide attempt, the Phoenix Cave
FFVII: Aerith's Death, Cloud and Tifa in the Lifestream
FFIX: The part with "You're not Alone"
FFX: The Ending

Pumpkin
12-02-2014, 04:19 PM
FFIV: When Rydia returns, Golbez regaining his senses
FFV: Galuf's death, Going to Galuf's world
FFVII: Cosmo Canyon
FFVIII: Attack on Garden, Rescuing Rinoa in space