PDA

View Full Version : Scott Pilgrim

Wolf Kanno
11-30-2014, 09:09 PM
So who is a fan of the books? I adore this series and I feel it really does have one of the best stories that deals with relationships. I got the series for Christmas a few years back and devoured the whole thing in two days between socializing with family. Who is your favorite character? Favorite Evil Ex-Boyfriend, favorite gamer reference, favorite moment? Discuss!

60631 60632 60633

Jinx
11-30-2014, 09:50 PM
I read these this summer. Very funny and fun series. Ramona is my favorite, of course!

Scotty_ffgamer
12-01-2014, 03:43 AM
I read this for the first time not too long ago. It was pretty great!

krissy
12-01-2014, 03:55 AM
I was stuck waiting for volumes 5 and 6 for years so all of you nonhipasters that read it after it came out are lucky jerks

Is a great series though
Face chars

Ramona
Kim
Wallace

Sephex
12-01-2014, 04:24 AM
Saw the movie version and I ended up liking it. Friend ordered all the comics not long afterwards, and that's how I read them. Very cool, fun comic.

Kind of wish that younger people didn't completely miss the point of Ramona, though. Basically, some select individuals are way too hung up finding that "magic pixie girl" because of this story. I wonder if they even read the comic/paid attention to the movie/both.

Wolf Kanno
12-01-2014, 05:01 AM
Kind of wish that younger people didn't completely miss the point of Ramona, though. Basically, some select individuals are way too hung up finding that "magic pixie girl" because of this story. I wonder if they even read the comic/paid attention to the movie/both.

This is one of the things I love about the book is that it really does play on the stereotypes of Hollywood romance. I think one of the best parts of the story is explaining Nega-Scott and how a lot of the Scott's story is actually a case of an unreliable narrator. Perhaps this is one of the reasons I didn't care for the film version as much, because while they initially get the message that Scott is pretty much an egotistical jerk, it has to blatantly show you whereas the books do a better job of making you like Scott, only to betray your feelings as it begins to show that Scott really isn't the lovable rascal we are led to believe. It's actually well done in the books and why it has been easily one of my favorite comic book series to come out in the last few years.

Bolivar
12-03-2014, 01:31 AM
I read them shortly after seeing the movie. It's sort of like The Godfather, I enjoy the film and the source material each for what they did right.

Jessweeee♪
12-03-2014, 03:15 AM
I borrowed the set from my friend after seeing the movie. They're fantastic c:

Wolf Kanno
12-03-2014, 06:58 AM
Did I mention Wallace is like the best character?