PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time

Freya
12-01-2014, 05:30 PM
The last thread I saw was from over a year ago.

I just started to watch this show on netflix and just finished the first season. I am in love with this show! The Boyfriend refuses to watch it with me. He says it's too much like a soap opera. :redface:

Anyone else watch this? I'm a bit behind so please no spoilers. I do know the recent season has Elsa and Anna from Frozen but that's about it!

Jinx
12-01-2014, 05:32 PM
I loved the first season, but I kind of lost interest after that. Trying to do too much.

Shauna
12-01-2014, 05:37 PM
It's a bit cheesy and rubbish, but I enjoy it. xD They're dealing with Frozen better than I thought they would, so there's there.

blackmage_nuke
12-01-2014, 06:24 PM
The only time I actually found it really enjoyable was somewhere in season 2-3. It's pretty silly but since I've watched it this far I want to stick it out to the end.

Robert Carlyle is really good.

For the most part I really didnt like Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.

Freya
12-01-2014, 06:36 PM
I think that's why it didn't go far.

It is a bit cheesy and dramaesque, but I love that. So some liked past the first season and others don't? That makes me feel better then because it isn't a universal hate of it or anything. Like with dexter, haven't watched season 4 on and with all the vitriol of the last season it makes me wary of even finishing the series.

Slothy
12-01-2014, 09:38 PM
If ever there was a show that falls into guilty pleasure territory, this'd be it. It's cheesy, the acting is frequently awful, aside from Carlyle, but damn if I don't enjoy it anyway.

Shlup
12-01-2014, 10:58 PM
It's totally some bullshit fanfiction clusterfuck soap opera. I don't know why I watch it, but I can't not watch it.

The latest episode was really good. The Evil Queen is funny as hell.

blackmage_nuke
12-02-2014, 03:02 AM
It's like we're all under some spell that can only be broken by true love's kiss

Mirage
12-02-2014, 04:04 AM
My ex watches this a lot. I think it's a bit cheesy most of the time.

Ayen
12-15-2014, 06:16 AM
I've only seen bits and pieces when my parents watch it, but I never sat down and watched an entire episode in full. I paid attention somewhat when the Frozen stuff was going on, but it didn't interest me by much. I agree with everything that's been said about Robert Carlyle so far. Rumpelstiltskin and the Evil Queen are the only characters who stood out to me. Go figure.