PDA

View Full Version : GAME OF THRONES by Telltale Games (It's The Walking Dead but GoT)

Pike
12-01-2014, 07:03 PM
GRMoVJReI9U

THOSE VOICE ACTORS

THAT EVERYTHING

OH GOD RAMSAY SNOW

IT'S HAPPENING :hyper:

Vyk
12-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Oh wow, they DID get the actors to do the voices, didn't they. It's interesting to see GoT in a stylized format, but I think they nailed it (which they've had a habit of doing as of late). I had faith. Sadly, I refuse to buy episodes, so I'll have to wait until its all out >.> Which reminds me, I need to get The Wolf Among Us

Freya
12-01-2014, 07:43 PM
HBO had a hand in it directly. That's impressive. I mean telltale has been doing an awesome job but having HBO directly involved as well rather than the other GoT game, ugh dat combat :barf:, this will probably prove to be a very compelling and interesting side story.

Rantz
12-01-2014, 09:16 PM
I can't wait for this :excited:

Psychotic
12-01-2014, 09:39 PM
First game I pre-ordered for like two years. Oh. My. Fucking. God.

Shorty
12-02-2014, 02:50 AM
Super freaking stoked.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-02-2014, 04:28 AM
Faster than expected, as well.

December 2 on PC and PlayStation 4
December 3 on Xbox One and Xbox 360
December 4 on iOS
PlayStation 3 on December 9

Del Murder
12-02-2014, 05:22 AM
Wow, all the voice actors and everything? Very impressive. I'm only disappointed that it happens during the series at around its current place rather than being a prequel of some kind. I'd love to watch/play through some of the events that happen before GoT starts.

Psychotic
12-02-2014, 08:20 AM

December 4 on iOS
BUT THAT'S TODayauhioasd&asdiadijakopdokpaSDOKPASDKOPASKOPFPSEP

Pike
12-02-2014, 10:16 AM

December 4 on iOS

WAIT WHAT

Shauna
12-02-2014, 10:26 AM
Dammit TellTale. I need to buy Tales of the Borderlands too! Stop releasing games! >:o

Freya
12-02-2014, 04:07 PM
I have to wait a week for ps3? UGH

Pike
12-02-2014, 06:39 PM
IT'S ON STEAM AND PLAYABLE LIKE RIGHT NOW :omg:

trying to decide whether to get it for full price or see if it sales at some point in the next week or so ahaha

Vyk
12-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Oh man... Isn't the first episode usually free on these things? >.< lol

Freya
12-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Nah it's usually a demo of the first bit of the first episode.

Psychotic
12-02-2014, 07:13 PM
DOWNLOAD FASTER DAMNIT

Rantz
12-02-2014, 09:18 PM
Argh I didn't know it'd be here NOW

Hnggggh

Bought it D:

Psychotic
12-02-2014, 11:32 PM
Oops I keep doing bad things.

Jinx
12-02-2014, 11:36 PM
So, what exactly do you do in this game?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-03-2014, 12:02 AM
Argh I didn't know it'd be here NOW

It's a pleasant surprise, that's for sure.

Telltale has spent months talking about Tales from the Borderlands so I think it was totally unexpected to see the trailer up a week or so ago. Aside from the 30 second teaser last December, we didn't see a whole lot for the longest time.

I'll have to wait til the 4th, but I'm super stoked about this!

Make decisions.

Freya
12-03-2014, 03:54 PM
The telltale games are kind of like point and clicks or choose your own adventure kinda puzzle game. But awesome writing that makes you cry and get very upset. "So and so will remember that" and you're like fuck I should have said something else. Depending on your choices, the outcome of the story will be slightly different. Great games, I highly recommend them.

Jinx
12-03-2014, 04:00 PM
So basically you're just given dilemmas and you decide what you want to do...basically an interactive story book? That's cool.

Psychotic
12-03-2014, 04:28 PM
So I may have lost the Game of Thrones. What happens if you don't win said game? Someone remind me. :erm:

Shorty
12-03-2014, 04:32 PM
Bought! :jess:

I likely won't be able to play until this weekend, though, and it'll be there nagging at me all week ;-;

Freya
12-03-2014, 04:33 PM
So I may have lost the Game of Thrones. What happens if you don't win said game? Someone remind me. :erm:
Something about celebrating the love of life and the loss of it? I think?

Jinx
12-03-2014, 04:37 PM
I'd love to play it, but neither myself nor Denmark has the graphics card suggested/required.

Freya
12-03-2014, 04:43 PM
Well it's on PC, PS3, PS4, XBoX 360, Xbox One, iOS and android. So you can play them on pretty much everything!

Jinx
12-03-2014, 05:31 PM
Out of those I literally only have a PC.

Shauna
12-03-2014, 06:10 PM
So basically you're just given dilemmas and you decide what you want to do...basically an interactive story book? That's cool.

It's essentially a visual novel that is accepted by Western society.

Jinx
12-03-2014, 06:16 PM
ugh i want to plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay D:

Vyk
12-03-2014, 06:19 PM
There are probably let's plays all over YouTube already if you just want to experience it

I just compared these games to visual novels myself to someone at work. But they're pretty high caliber in that regard. The point and click adventure is a good comparison as well. Just without so much point and click. They usually let you actually walk around and interact with people and things but same basic concept. Minimal puzzles too. Just generally great stories and characters and choices for the story

Some people are disappointed the choices don't always make much of a difference and can be more of a novelty. It's not Mass Effect or anything. But still generally a fantastic experience

Jinx
12-03-2014, 06:20 PM
How much do you get to customize yourself/main character.

Shorty
12-03-2014, 06:24 PM
You don't~ It's a storybook. The main character is already there for you.

Psychotic
12-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Cersei is a gigantic bitch and Ramsay is a total :bou::bou::bou::bou:. No surprises there then.

Rantz
12-03-2014, 09:35 PM
Finished the first episode. Not bad. I like the story and the characters we get to follow. I wish there was a little bit more subtlety in the choices you make at Ironrath (it basically always comes down to ruling by either diplomacy or strength, or sometimes a non-committal option in between), but the King's Landing storyline felt a bit more nuanced in that regard. I really enjoyed the conversation with Cersei, which felt something like a balancing act.

Psychotic
12-03-2014, 09:57 PM
I agree, King's Landing was definitely the more subtle of the two. On Ironrath, it's all for nothing as apparently Ramsay does that no matter what you do. The only decision that was slightly, and I do say slightly, nuanced was the justice one.

Also the family is very much the Starks 2.0 which is kinda ehhh to me.

Rantz
12-03-2014, 10:12 PM
On Ironrath, it's all for nothing as apparently Ramsay does that no matter what you do.

I figured as much. Would be really cool and impressive if your actions could influence big picture things like that, though, without necessarily resulting in a Game Over if one of your characters die. Imagine the tension of choosing your words if you knew their result could be anything from a complete success to the death of your character. It would be tougher to develop, of course, but it would really capture the essence of ASOIAF.

Jinx
12-03-2014, 10:21 PM
Yeah, the one woman looks exactly like Cat. That's who I thought it was at first.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-05-2014, 07:10 PM
I'm really glad it lets you follow various characters like the books and show. My mouth opened in shock after we lost our guy, but considering it's Westeros, I probably should have seen it coming.

I'm looking forward to meeting his brother coming back from Essos.

Who did you make the sentinel? I like Duncan more but I chose Royland because it's the troutheads who get stuff done.

Rantz
12-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Who did you make the sentinel? I like Duncan more but I chose Royland because it's the troutheads who get stuff done.

Same. Those guys' rivalry was groanworthy, though. "Hey Duncan what do you think about-" "Um well you made Royland sentinel instead of me so maybe you should ask HIM instead"

Psychotic
12-06-2014, 01:06 AM
Yeah it was dumb. I picked Ser Royland too because I felt the "smart guy" was the obvious choice. Duncan tells me it would be a mistake to pick Ser Royland as he would lose his temper... before flipping the fuck out in the Great Hall, saying Ethan is too inexperienced and refusing to even turn up when Ramsay comes to town. Yeah, Ser Royland is the one who can't control his temper you dick.

Freya
12-07-2014, 11:18 PM
I picked Duncan, royland doesn't show up either.

Argh Ramsey, that little trout. smurf. And cersei, that bitch. Arrrrgh. Playing this made me more angry than the show stuff because it was me in control of the characters. So basically I got stabbed. smurf Ramsey!

Del Murder
12-10-2014, 03:20 AM
I'm really glad it lets you follow various characters like the books and show. My mouth opened in shock after we lost our guy, but considering it's Westeros, I probably should have seen it coming.

I'm looking forward to meeting his brother coming back from Essos.

Same. Those guys' rivalry was groanworthy, though. "Hey Duncan what do you think about-" "Um well you made Royland sentinel instead of me so maybe you should ask HIM instead"

Yeah it was dumb. I picked Ser Royland too because I felt the "smart guy" was the obvious choice. Duncan tells me it would be a mistake to pick Ser Royland as he would lose his temper... before flipping the fuck out in the Great Hall, saying Ethan is too inexperienced and refusing to even turn up when Ramsay comes to town. Yeah, Ser Royland is the one who can't control his temper you dick.

I picked Duncan, royland doesn't show up either.

Argh Ramsey, that little trout. smurf. And cersei, that bitch. Arrrrgh. Playing this made me more angry than the show stuff because it was me in control of the characters. So basically I got stabbed. smurf Ramsey!
Ah, so just like the GoT TV thread. Do we need to add 'game player' to the labels of 'book reader' and 'series watcher'?

Freya
12-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Well this is the thread for the game....

The spoilers are for those who haven't played the episode yet.

Ayen
12-12-2014, 04:11 AM
I day one bought the crap out of this thing. Wasn't disappointed. The conversation with Cersei and Tyrion was my favorite part.

Shauna
12-23-2014, 07:47 PM
Well this is on sale on Steam right now.

~rofls all the way to the checkout~

Psychotic
12-25-2014, 09:45 PM
I started a LP of this on my other YT channel (boasting 6 subs!!!) a couple of weeks ago if anyone wants to see.

g-B2TqWNfrQ

I was ill and messing about with mic settings so my voice is a little different from what you're used to if you've seen Sims/FF3.

Pike
12-25-2014, 09:52 PM
Psy, I told Huxley that I like your Let's Plays because you're MISTER BIG TOUGH ADMIN but your voice is cute :3: and he insisted that I tell you, because I guess he thinks it's funny xD

Madame Adequate
12-25-2014, 09:57 PM
I enjoyed this a great deal. It certainly captured the feeling of the franchise!

However there were a loooot of graphical bugs and errors.

Psychotic
12-25-2014, 10:03 PM
I know, everyone says all sorts of things about my voice and I always say "REALLY? :irked:" but inside it's like ":3:"

Shauna
12-25-2014, 10:04 PM
I am interested in your LP, but I wish to play the game for myself first.

I will subscribe for later.

Vyk
12-25-2014, 11:54 PM
Ditto, Shauna's excuse

Shiny
12-27-2014, 10:11 PM
There were so many bugs. I hope they get that sorted out for the next episode. As far as episodes go "it was okay". I played Tales from the Borderlands' first episode right after it and it shat all over this first episode.

Ayen
12-27-2014, 10:22 PM
I am interested in your LP, but I wish to play the game for myself first.

I will subscribe for later.

Best way to go about it really.

There were so many bugs. I hope they get that sorted out for the next episode. As far as episodes go "it was okay". I played Tales from the Borderlands' first episode right after it and it shat all over this first episode.

I need to get Tales from the Borderlands, and The Wolf Among Us while I'm at it.

Freya
01-22-2015, 06:26 PM
EPISODE TWO TRAILER

boY5jktW2Zk

Feb 3 :3

Psychotic
01-22-2015, 07:28 PM
Shit, I better finish my Let's Play xD

Ayen
01-22-2015, 10:18 PM
February 3rd!? I'm gonna have to take out a loan.

Psychotic
02-03-2015, 11:15 PM
So the Lost Lords is out today! Anybody else played it? A pretty big pair of choices forging Margaery's letter and then forcing Elaena Glenmore to marry you - naturally I did both :smug: Also Rodrik! Alive! Did not see that coming!

As with Iron from Ice I'm doing a let's play right now if anyone wants to see the story but can't/don't have the time to play the game for whatever reason!

_OUPkUsLbIs

You're probably best starting from Episode 1 (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLw4Inllncjd_JLKz6qVOUQDbTtTDOpZU5) if you haven't seen it though!

Shauna
02-03-2015, 11:39 PM
Oh yeah. I was gonna play that but then got distracted by learnin'.

Maybe I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

Shiny
02-03-2015, 11:54 PM
I figured who the other playable character would be. It's honestly really obvious if you compare the shadow on the opening screen. I have to wait till tomorrow to play it. Stupid Microsoft :(

Ayen
02-04-2015, 02:00 AM
Another good episode. I was just relieved I didn't have to pay extra to get the individual episode on my game.

I'm probably too loyal to Margaery for my family's good.

Tyson
02-05-2015, 06:04 AM
Just completed episode 2, had no idea who the new character was going to be so that was a nice surprise. I'm always interested to see what choices people made at the end of Telltale games. Only 20% of people made the same choice as me at one of the crossroads in this episode :S

Shauna
04-12-2015, 10:12 AM
I decided to revive this in the spirit of Game of Thrones!

Who's up to date on this? :D

Psychotic
04-12-2015, 10:17 AM
Oh! Oh! I am! Though not with my LPs (or anything on my channel) :shobon:

I've really really pissed off Margaery as Mira. She wouldn't even let me do her hair for the wedding! THE HUMANITY :( Mira is playing the most dangerous game of all actually, I fear for her. I finally stopped defying the Whitehills as Rodrik too, they broke him :(

Shauna
04-12-2015, 10:28 AM
I've made Margaery mad too. xD Look, Tyrion wanted to speak to me! Who am I do defy the Master of Coin!? Surely, of all people, Margaery Tyrell would understand this predicament.

Yes, the Whitehills are a nasty bunch. :( Bend the knee for now, until we have a plan. I managed to get a wedding agreed with the Glenmores, so we'll see what happens there. I wonder who the spy among the ranks is though. Royland is an arse, but I think he's too easy a target for this one.

Ayen
04-12-2015, 10:30 AM
Margaery still gets mad at you even if you agree to stay with her.

I was jumping for joy when I saw Dany at the end. Can't wait for Episode 4 now.

Psychotic
04-12-2015, 10:33 AM
I've been convinced since episode 1 that Maester Ortengryn can't be trusted (especially after he wanted to cut a deal with the Whitehills) so I was pretty :smug: when they said there was a spy. Also Royland is a bro, you should've made him Sentinel!

Ayen
04-12-2015, 10:37 AM
I made him Sentinel :cool:

Yeah, I suspect the Maester. I wouldn't even tell the smurfing mother about the spy I was so paranoid.

Shauna
04-12-2015, 10:37 AM
I saw someone pose the idea that it could be Lady Forrester, because she wants her son back safe and to not lose any more of her family to this feud. It made me ponder. I don't think it's her at all, but it's a fair notion.

Jinx
04-12-2015, 02:40 PM
GAH I WANT TO PLAY THIS

Freya
04-12-2015, 08:34 PM
I just finished episode 2. Fuck that whitehill guy. I did not kiss his ring. Fuck him.

Shauna
04-14-2015, 03:52 PM
You are a braver Rodrik than I.

Freya
04-14-2015, 04:10 PM
Yah i'd probably die in GoT. I'm too defiant.

Psychotic
04-14-2015, 04:37 PM
Yeah I didn't kiss his stupid ring either and it was fine. But then in Episode 3 I wanted to come to a deal with Gwyn so sucked it up for that.

Jinx
04-14-2015, 06:26 PM
UGH I STILL WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME

I like it requires no skill and is basically a Choose Your Own Adventure.

Freya
04-14-2015, 07:18 PM
Is there a chance you'll have some way to play it? If not, maybe you can watch a let's play?

Psychotic
04-14-2015, 07:18 PM
Just live vicariously through my Let's Plays!

Freya
04-14-2015, 07:19 PM
Or that!

Shauna
04-14-2015, 07:45 PM
UGH I STILL WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME

I like it requires no skill and is basically a Choose Your Own Adventure.

What are your laptop specs? :3

Jinx
04-15-2015, 03:58 PM
DENMARK GOT THIS LAST NIGHT AND IMMA PLAY IT SOON

Jinx
04-15-2015, 07:55 PM
Denmark bought this game and I played it for a couple hours. I'm already planning on starting up another save file where I'm just a dick to EVERYONE no matter who they are or what I'm doing. xD

Psychotic
04-15-2015, 07:57 PM
Why not be a dick anyway? I usually am (to rude people!) and nothing bad has ever happened!

Jinx
04-15-2015, 07:59 PM
I was a bit of a dick to Lord Whitehill. I worshiped Margaery, though, and she loves me and is gonna help out.

Ayen
04-15-2015, 11:09 PM
I can't wait for all the episodes to become available so I can do a review of it. I usually like to wait for the whole season to be out before I write one. And there's the joy of playing through it all back to back instead of having to wait months between each episode.

Game of Thrones: the fandom that waits.

Bones
04-21-2015, 11:58 PM
NOOOO
THEY NEED TO STOP MAKING OTHER COOL SHIT LIKE GoT GAMES
SO THEY CAN FINISH THE WOLF AMONG US SEASON 2

Ayen
04-22-2015, 12:06 AM
NOOOO
THEY NEED TO STOP MAKING OTHER COOL trout LIKE GoT GAMES

Were they actually working on a Season 2? Because it was my understanding that that was a one off since it's supposed to be a prequel to the series.

Shiny
04-22-2015, 03:56 AM
Yah i'd probably die in GoT. I'm too defiant.

Same or I'd be like Littlefinger and be a conniving little twit who pushes bishes down giant holes.

Jessweeee♪
04-22-2015, 04:19 AM
Will this be like the other games they've done where you don't have to be familiar with the source material to play? I've never even touched any part of this series and I don't want to be spoiled :p

Ayen
04-22-2015, 05:39 AM
Will this be like the other games they've done where you don't have to be familiar with the source material to play? I've never even touched any part of this series and I don't want to be spoiled :p

You don't have to be familiar with the source material, but it's pretty spoilers heavy.

Bones
04-22-2015, 08:41 PM
NOOOO

Were they actually working on a Season 2? Because it was my understanding that that was a one off since it's supposed to be a prequel to the series.
I was under the impression they were working on it and that the first episode would be released in 2016 but... I think I was only getting my hopes up. :cry:

Ayen
04-23-2015, 02:39 AM
NOOOO

I was under the impression they were working on it and that the first episode would be released in 2016 but... I think I was only getting my hopes up. :cry:

-pats- You and the rest of the fanbase, bruh.

Shiny
04-25-2015, 01:33 AM

Just seen this, but not true. You don't need to be familiar with Walking Dead at all to play any of the Walking Dead games they've done. Same goes for their Borderlands game. For this one however it helps to at least know a bit about the different families and certain events that are cannon are spoiled in the first few minutes of the first episode in fact!

Ayen
06-09-2015, 10:09 AM
Has anyone played Episode 4 yet? It was good. Mira continues to find ways to make me like her more. I'm growing to like Asher more, too. "Just point us in the direction of the people you want killed and we'll take it from there." Hilarious.

Psychotic
06-09-2015, 10:13 AM
Yeah, the Asher sequence was great. Though I still like what is happening at Ironrath, I thought I was going to get Red Weddinged for sure when we went to Highpoint.

Ayen
06-09-2015, 10:15 AM
Yeah, the Asher sequence was great. Though I still like what is happening at Ironrath, I thought I was going to get Red Weddinged for sure when we went to Highpoint.

Oh, I like those, too. Speaking of Highpoint:

I got myself killed when I went for the 'Kill Lord Whitehill' option. Not sure if you can actually get away with murdering him if you bring the archers with you, but knowing Telltale probably not. I decided to call his bluff after that.

McLovin'
06-13-2015, 12:20 AM
Hated the ending though. WHY IS RAMSEY THERE. Who is the traitor. fuck cliffhangers

Psychotic
07-27-2015, 10:20 PM
:|

I made the game choose for me.

Shauna
07-27-2015, 10:38 PM
Is the next episode out already? Crap! And so is Life is Strange! Uhhhhh all I need is for Tales from the Borderlands to come out and I will have so many things to play.

Ayen
07-28-2015, 01:24 AM
Episode 5 is out? So much for sleep.

Shiny
08-22-2015, 09:36 PM
That last decision was the hardest in the game for me but I chose Asher because he can control those rowdy warriors. Still very gutted tho especially since Gryff's smug ass smirk. Easiest decision was taking a stab at Ramsay.

Psychotic
11-21-2015, 12:06 AM
You're all familiar with the expression "When you play the Game of Thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground" I'm sure. Well, judging from the absolute corpse mountain I've just left behind I'm pretty fucking sure I just lost. What can I say? My face was really pissing me off and cutting my nose off seemed the best way to tell it to go fuck itself.

xSt6q0K1KTw

Ayen
11-21-2015, 12:31 AM
Yeah, Episode 6 just plain pissed me off and proved something I should have known going in.

The Game of Thrones formula doesn't work for a game. It just doesn't. Furthermore, not a single smurfing storyline was resolved. Feels like they're planning a sequel, but since people already consider this the worst game they put out since TWD S2 (though I don't understand why that is getting shat on so much by the fanbase) I can't see that happening.

Shauna
11-21-2015, 01:06 AM
I have yet to play the finale myself, but this reaction seems to be widespread, so I'm not looking forward to booting it up.

Psychotic
11-21-2015, 10:54 AM
Feels like they're planning a sequel, but since people already consider this the worst game they put out since TWD S2 I can't see that happening.My friend, I am not sure if you know how the gaming industry works.

Ayen
11-21-2015, 06:40 PM
Feels like they're planning a sequel, but since people already consider this the worst game they put out since TWD S2 I can't see that happening.My friend, I am not sure if you know how the gaming industry works.

Apparently not (http://screenrant.com/game-of-thrones-telltale-season-2-confirmed).

I won't expect to be able to play any of the characters from the first season besides Gared since the rest became player-determined which is basically Telltale's kiss of death. I personally found Gared to be the least interesting one in the whole lot.

Psychotic
11-21-2015, 09:05 PM
This game is pretty poor in doing what it says it is going to do. The reality of it is that your choices affect absolutely fuck all.

Take Mira. You're going to get accused of murder no matter what. Did you choose not to kill the guy in question? Doesn't matter. Did you throw the knife into the bushes instead of keeping it? Doesn't matter. Are you in the good graces of both Margaery and Cersei or even just one of them? Doesn't fucking matter. You're getting thrown in jail.

And how fucking ridiculous is it that a lady of a noble house gets executed on the say so of a fucking random lumber merchant with zero proof for the murder of a random bumfuck lowborn guard? Without even a god damn trial? Even Tyrion got a trial for murdering the shit out of Joffrey. It would've been an improvement if they'd had a trial and you had various people like Margaery, Cersei, Sera, coal boy etc. come as witnesses for you and then how you've treated everyone affects the testimony they give. But nope.

Ironrath is ridiculous too. There is no choice to be made because no matter what you do, whether Rodrik is Lord, Asher is Lord or whether you want to sue for peace and surrender to the Whitehills there is still going to be a fucking bloodbath. If you surrender, Lady Forrester stabs Ludd anyway and the Whitehills attack Ironrath. If you are Rodrik, you attack the camp and can kill either Ludd or Gryff and then the Whitehills attack Ironrath. If you're Asher, you can either kill Ludd (poison) or Gryff (ambush) and then yes they attack Ironrath. Do you choose to guard the smallfolk or the gate? Doesn't matter, gate is still getting bashed in.

I also am let down because they kept saying "Oh yes we need Garred, Asher and Mira's help to survive!" Garred has had absolutely fuck all impact on Ironrath whatsoever. Mira was a potentially interesting one, where you could forge the letter and get Elaena to marry you and you have a tricky choice, do you make one character vulnerable to strengthen the position of another? ...except if you don't forge the letter she'll want to fucking marry you anyway. Not that it makes any difference to the defence of Ironrath because the Glenmores are all dead before then. Why is she fucking about with all these random lumber merchants or getting Margaery onside when none of them help? Same for Asher. Oh yes, we need to hire all these sellswords you can't fail our house in this... except you can't not hire them and they all die anyway.

I appreciate there's always going to be limitations on these things but when this is the whole defining point of your game you expect more. And I mean how hard would it have been to set it so that if Mira was successful in brokering an Ironwood deal you get extra Ironwood defences in the battle which stops (random character X) dying. Or Asher can fail or succeed in hiring the sellswords and if he doesn't you can't kill that bearded prick (you know who I mean) Whitehill guy as idk the sellswords are needed to surround him. Or maybe you can choose to hire either a Dothraki Horde or a Ghiscari Legion and choosing the former gives you the opportunity to do a LotR stye glorious charge out the gates while the latter sees you turtling up. Let us have some meaningful impact on this battle given that's what the last five episodes have been building up to.

The worst thing about it is that there is just a never ending torrent of loss and humiliation. Yes, yes, it's Game of Thrones. Except, and I've made this point in the TV show thread, there's still triumphs and victories for all characters too. Jon becomes commander, Arya gets revenge on the people on her list, Robb becomes King in the North etc. Yes, they get a shit sandwich each and I'm not saying that's a problem, but what victories, even little ones, have the Forresters had? We punched Gryff once, I guess? I suppose we killed Ludd while sacrificing our mother to do so?

I can understand why they'd want to do multiple seasons of GoT given what a huge franchise it is right now, but surely the best way to do it would just be to start over with new characters so that choices have meaning? Keep Garred and one or two others, then introduce a new house. The Forresters get a good or bad ending depending on what you do. Not a bad ending with specified characters surviving and dying no matter what.

Shauna
11-22-2015, 02:21 AM
sigh

Ayen
11-22-2015, 02:46 AM
I kept forgetting Mira was a noble because how many nobles become handmaidens for other Houses?

Shauna
11-22-2015, 02:50 AM
just play tales from the borderlands - 100% better than this noise

ugh what was even the point of any of this

Ayen
11-22-2015, 02:58 AM
To capitalize on a popular selling franchise to make money.

But this seem to be a pattern, I notice. During the development of The Wolf Among Us, they were also working on TWD Season 2. The former saw great success, and the latter fell under a lot more criticism.

This time around they were working on Tales from the Borderland and Game of Thrones, and the former saw great success while the latter received far more criticism.

I'm starting to think Telltale should just focus on one game at a time.

Shauna
11-22-2015, 11:47 AM
I was meaning more what was the point of anything we did over the course of the Season rather than what was the point of the game. I understand why it exists.

Anyway. Disagree - if they were focusing on one game at a time then they would focus on the flagship titles, so Wolf and Blands wouldn't even exist. :3

Rantz
01-11-2016, 08:41 PM
I totally agree that it'd be great if your decisions had larger scale consequences, but honestly, for me that's a rather minor problem. The consequences of your actions in this game weren't much smaller than most other Telltale games I've played and probably larger than Wolf Among Us - though admittedly, you come to expect quite a butterfly effect in the world of GoT simply by association with the books and show.

Maybe it's just my disproportionate fondness for the Telltale formula, which I thought worked exceedingly well with GoT's multi-character type story. I thoroughly enjoyed affecting each character's personality in different directions (even though my complaint from episode 1 still stands, that the personality choices mostly seems to be passionate & reckless vs. cunning & sycophantic).

Ayen
01-14-2016, 05:37 AM
I still feel that I accomplished more in The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us, then I have playing a single second of Game of Thrones.