PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Cocktails

Jinx
12-01-2014, 09:12 PM
What are some of your favorites? (I won't pretend, this is basically a thread where we swap ideas to help get our holiday drunk on.)

Mine are:
-Hot chocolate with peppermint Schnapps (peppermint bark vodka will do in a pinch)
-Hot chocolate with Bailey's
-Rum and egg nog
-Hot, mulled wine

blackmage_nuke
12-01-2014, 10:08 PM
this is basically a thread where we swap ideas to help get our holiday drunk on advertise our alcoholism for a better chance of winning the MLT Drink Themselves into an Early Grave Ciddie

Beer and Butterscotch Schnappes. (I call it butter beer)
Jack Daniels and ice. (I call it breakfast)

Cleric
12-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Apple cider and Jim Beam whiskey...can't go wrong serve either hot or iced.

chionos
12-02-2014, 11:25 PM
Hot mead.

SIMMER mead on the stove with sliced orange and a bag of various spices (to your taste). I like cloves, cinnamon, & ginger. A lot of people add honey afterward, but I usually prefer not to.

I think just about every recipe I've ever seen has included the orange, but I've tried it orangeless and liked it better. I think most people would like it better with the citrus toning it down.

Can shoot it with something like Amaretto if it doesn't seem quite right after mulling.

chionos
12-02-2014, 11:55 PM
I use straight basic mead (honey wine) as my base. Like Chaucer's or Honeyrun (which I had to order online), it should be a dark golden color, like honey. You can simulate mead using other wines but it's just not the same. If I had to use grape wine, I'd use a white like a Moscato (if I wanted something super sweet) or a Pinot Grigio.
If you can, find some traditional mead (with no added flavors) and try it again. You may find that you actually like the orange paired with honeyed mead, but like I said, I prefer it with just the spices (and Amaretto sometimes).

Calliope
12-03-2014, 05:20 AM
KRIMBLE COCKTAIL:

Two shots of whiskey, served on the rocks. Wear a bloody Santa hat if you have to.

Bubba
12-03-2014, 12:50 PM
Mojito is my holiday cocktail as it's lovely and refreshing with the ice and mint.

In colder weather though you can't go wrong with a nice Old Fashioned.

Shoeberto
12-03-2014, 03:45 PM
The Family Tradition

Ingredients:
- Two bottles of wine
- A bottle of hard liquor
- A disappointed mother
- A father filled with regrets
- One very long Christmas eve
- A stiff upper lip

Begin by mixing small quantities of each ingredient gently, increasing the addition of ingredients exponentially and shaking the cocktail with intensifying vigor. The drink is over when someone passes out. It is important to repeat annually to secure your inheritance over your worthless brother.

Night Fury
12-05-2014, 04:45 AM
Mojito is my holiday cocktail as it's lovely and refreshing with the ice and mint.

In colder weather though you can't go wrong with a nice Old Fashioned.

Kick up that Mojito a notch with ginger beer for an even more Christmas-y treat!

Bubba
12-05-2014, 08:23 AM
It is 8:22am here in the UK and I am salivating for that mojito.

That's bad, isn't it?