PDA

View Full Version : Christmas season! What to look forward to

Pumpkin
12-01-2014, 09:34 PM
What do you look forward too the most in the Christmas season?

-One of the main things for me is how friendly and polite people get in the Christmas spirit. (Not everyone, obviously, but I notice it a lot more around the holidays). It's nice to see people so cheerful
-Eggnog
-Going to midnight mass. It's the one time of year I publicly celebrate my faith, so I always look forward to that
-The decorations outside
-Used to be snow but now I live in the south :cry:
-More eggnog
-All the yummy food. MASHED POTATOES GALORE
-Lots of opportunities to volunteer. Buying some groceries for those who need them
-JOLLY CHRISTMAS MUSIC EVERYWHERE
-Chocolates every day from the advent calendar
-Hot chocolate on a cold day (and OHMYGOSH NOW I HAVE A FIREPLACE TO DRINK HOT CHOCOLATE BY!)
-Christmas tree!
-Yet more eggnog

So what about you guys?

noxious.sunshine
12-02-2014, 01:57 AM
Being with my dad and my kiddo.

That's literally the only thing I care about or look forward to.

Colonel Angus
12-02-2014, 02:43 AM
-egg nog
-seeing my fat babies get their Xmas gifts
-xmas tunes
-xmas movies
-xmas lights

Del Murder
12-02-2014, 05:08 AM
Babies' first Christmas! This is like the main thing I've been looking forward to since they were born.

Yamaneko
12-02-2014, 07:27 AM
I suppose babies' first Flag Day means nothing to you, does it, commie?!

Crop
12-02-2014, 07:38 AM
Booze, food, films, games.

Shlup
12-02-2014, 09:08 AM
-Bailey is old enough that she might actually give a shit about gift opening this year.
-I like tree smells.
-Who am I kidding? I love it when people buy me things.

That's... all I can think of. There aren't any seasonal foods I care for. Yesterday we went to the tree lighting at my in-laws' church, which also had a petting zoo and food trucks and hay rides and a Santa. It was hell.

Babies' first Christmas! This is like the main thing I've been looking forward to since they were born.

Did you secure your U-haul rental yet?

Psychotic
12-02-2014, 09:23 AM
PIGS IN BLANKETS

Berzerker
12-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Family, Food, Gifts, LED Lights, snow.

Wish Chicobo
12-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Sending candy canes to all my friends of course!

Arc_Master_14
12-06-2014, 10:33 PM
LIGHTS. They're my absolute favorite part of the season. Last year was the first time I spent time in a different city near christmas time and got to see tons of fabulous homes with intense lights and it made me so happy. Not a lot of people get my obsession with them, but I don't know it has always been important to me.

However, that aside, the thing I'm looking forward to the most is my girlfriend finally getting home and being able to see her again. It's been 7 months since i spent more than a weekend with her and I miss her terribly.

Pheesh
12-07-2014, 01:34 AM
Seafood and Cherries!! Both are very expensive foods but during Christmas they're both super fresh and I am happy to splurge and buy them both. Aside from that, I'm a pretty great gift buyer so I like to see people's reactions to what I get them.

rarity
12-07-2014, 01:18 PM
I'm going to sound like the most basic girl ever but starbucks specials. Damn those things are perfect.

Shiny
12-09-2014, 09:15 PM
1. Lighting our fireplace with good-smelling timber and staying out of the cold and the snow -- both of which I hate vehemently
2. Caramel Brulee Latte at Starbucks -- one of their few good drinks
3. Snow tubing except not because I hate the cold and snow
4. Hating the cold and the snow
5. Knowing summer is eventually coming
6. Christmas music
7. The smell of Christmas trees which I smell a lot anyway as they're indigenous to where I'm from
8. A reason to use foot warmers
9. Comfy socks
10. Free pajamas gifted to me

Aerith's Knight
12-09-2014, 09:29 PM
Double month salary payout.

...Which I will then promptly spend on my nieces and nephews, because Christmas.

Fuzakeru
12-10-2014, 09:31 PM
I adore all the same things that I tend to complain about and hate by the end. The music. The gatherings. The cold. Giving gifts.

Ayen
12-14-2014, 06:28 AM
Lights, tree, presents, food, family, friends, music, movies.

Leigh
12-14-2014, 06:48 PM

Chris
12-16-2014, 09:22 AM