PDA

View Full Version : Binding of Isaac: Rebirth stream tonight

Dr Unne
12-02-2014, 02:26 AM
http://www.twitch.tv/cdaddr/

I'm at 96% completion on BOI:R, about to become Platinum God once I pick up one more item. Then the really hard part starts. Come watch me suceed / fail / drink gin and lemonade. I'll be starting momentarily.

LocoColt04
12-02-2014, 03:46 AM
Done. This will complement nominations wonderfully.

Dr Unne
12-02-2014, 07:33 AM
I had fun. I'll have to try for Platinum God again another day.

I Took the Red Pill
12-02-2014, 10:16 AM
I'm at 96% completion on BOI:R, about to become Platinum God once I pick up one more item.Damn, that's hardcore. I've got 30 hours in and only 38%. Well done. :praisethesun:

As a side-discussion, can you describe your most completely bonkers run? With the amount you've played I'm sure you've seen some crazy trout.

Dr Unne
12-02-2014, 09:08 PM
As a side-discussion, can you describe your most completely bonkers run? With the amount you've played I'm sure you've seen some crazy trout.

Yeah, I've seen some things...

This one from last night was a bit bonkers. http://www.twitch.tv/cdaddr/c/5605905 The seed is LM01 1DMQ.

chionos
12-02-2014, 09:49 PM
I watched for a bit. It looks fun but I don't know that I could put in that much time on it. It seems to get rather repetitive after a while.

Dr Unne
12-02-2014, 10:21 PM
I think it's the opposite of repetitive, actually. The floor layouts, enemies and item pickups are procedurally generated, so every game is unique. Many of the items you find can drastically change your playstyle. For example the tear projectiles can be replaced with laser beams or things that orbit around you or missiles. I became Guppy (the cat) in this video, which gives me flying and makes homing-flies shoot out when I attack things. There are many secrets like that in the game. I think there are 300+ items? And finding and mastering the synergies between them is very satisfying. There are also a bunch of playable characters with different strengths and weaknesses; I'm playing the default boring character in the video.

It's a very addictive game. I've gotten a bunch of my friends hooked.

chionos
12-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Okay, I see. The bit I watched involved rockets, cards (XIII-Death), you finding items and saying "lame," and you accidentally stepping on spikes a lot.

Maybe I'll try it. I did like the look of it. And what little of the music I could hear.

Dr Unne
12-02-2014, 10:45 PM
I'm going to blame the spike-walking on the 3 glasses of gin.