PDA

View Full Version : What's the luckiest thing that has happened?

Cleric
12-05-2014, 03:00 AM
I've played this game so many times and I have to say this most recent play-through has been my "luckiest" so far. Things that usual have me banging my head against the wall have been smooth as silk. For example, on Disk Two I mugged a blitz for a power generator on the FIRST try. Also, some of the cards in regions that have hellish rules like "random" I have gotten with ease, not to mention it didn't take twenty matches for the player to use their rare cards...*knock on wood the luck continues through the rest of the play-through. So I ask you all, what was one of the luckiest moments you've had playing through this game?

Rocket Edge
12-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Getting the Edea card on my first try, that was a good day.

Cleric
12-12-2014, 02:27 AM
Getting the Edea card on my first try, that was a good day.
That's quite a feat. I find that I always have to play multiple rounds before she will even play her card :/

Rocket Edge
12-12-2014, 12:01 PM
It's such a grind, yeah. I usually card mod everything beforehand but your still left with them level 1 fish cards who you know will pop up in your deck. It's the same with the Laguna card. I could nearly say Ellone's opening sentence off by heart by this stage. xD

Cleric
12-13-2014, 08:10 PM
I actually went through that the other day...I was extremely lucky and scored the Alexander card on the first try, the Laguna card however, was a different story...it took about fifteen rounds for her just to play that card and each time she did use it I was "blessed" with a craptastic hand. Right now I am doing the Queen of Cards side quest and so far that is going fairly smoothly. *Knock on wood. I don't know what it is about this particular play through that I am accomplishing things easily that I haven't even bothered with on past plays.

Hipster Username
12-14-2014, 08:54 PM
I managed to beat the Ruby Dragon without knowing that you could hold down the block button.

Ergroilnin
12-14-2014, 09:37 PM
I managed to beat the Ruby Dragon without knowing that you could hold down the block button.

You can hold down the block button?! Oh god I always killed it normally.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-14-2014, 10:07 PM
Hmm

I took on Ultima Weapon and lived to tell the tale :grover:

Omega Weapon, not so much.

Cleric
12-15-2014, 01:47 AM
Hmm

I took on Ultima Weapon and lived to tell the tale :grover:

Omega Weapon, not so much.

Omega was definitely a toughie. I usually try and play my luck with Rinoa triggering her Invincible Moon and spamming Lion Heart.

Rin Heartilly
12-16-2014, 03:33 PM
I got Selphie's 'the end' limit on Ultimecia o___o