PDA

View Full Version : What system did you first play this on?

Spooniest
12-06-2014, 02:50 PM
...As far as me, it was (not even joking) a Macintosh Performa 6116CD, on an emulator, and it was at about 50% of the SNES's speed. Music was unlistenable. There was nothing I could do to speed it up.

...Got an iMac a few years later, and the PSX version, but I'll never forget the first time I played this mystery game that had, up until then, never been released here. But! I had seen Legend of the Crystals, so I kinda got what was going on. Thankfully, there were no creepy pantyshots in the actual game. :D

So, when/where did you first play it? You remember?

VeloZer0
12-06-2014, 06:33 PM
First played the fan translated SNES ROM. On an emulator running at 9x frameskip to keep pace to the actual game speed. Amazing how a lot of the spell animations ended up looking quite a bit different when I actually played it at a full frame rate.

chionos
12-07-2014, 03:59 AM
15-20 minutes of an emulated version (of the jp game), but really played played was the PSX version.

Colonel Angus
12-07-2014, 04:06 AM
The PSX version. 'tis not that bad, me buckos. Even th' scurvy pirate speak don't drive me nuts

The GBA version is probably the best one.

I never played an SNES emulator version until recently, & it was a brutal "humor" translation.

CimminyCricket
12-07-2014, 04:09 AM
I played this first on the PSP. I haven't beaten it yet, because I've been super distracted and I'm eventually going to finish it. It's easily one of my favorite.

Rez09
12-07-2014, 04:37 PM
I suspect the PS1 version of the game was my first real contact with it, though the patched SNES version was the first I played more than a little bit of and completed.

Mirage
12-07-2014, 09:34 PM
on PC using the vastly superior zsnes emulator

black orb
12-08-2014, 05:25 AM
>>> iMac + Snes9x emulator, a fan translated SNES ROM..:luca:

Good times..

The Man
12-08-2014, 05:56 AM
Emulated the SNES fan-translated ROM. Can't remember what platform, but I didn't have any technical problems with it. To this day the emulated version is the only version I've played.

metagloria
12-08-2014, 08:19 PM
PS1 as part of Anthology. Loved it. Still love it.

Leigh
12-08-2014, 11:32 PM
ZSNES! I remember getting overly excited speaking to some random dude on ActiveWorlds in yesteryear when he told me there was a way to play Super Nintendo and GB titles on a PC. Ah! I miss the pre-millenium internet. Everyone was still discovering the power of the internet. I don't think FFV was available, on retail, in the uk for quite some years so emulation was the cheapest solution. I probably could have got a copy for my chipped PS1, but I wasn't a smart kid. =P

Pike
12-13-2014, 10:49 AM
I played an emulated GBA version on PC.

escobert
12-14-2014, 01:12 AM
PSX was first version for me. same with pretty much all of the Square games that came out on it. Before I played FFVII I pretty much just played Zelda, Castlevania, Madden and Jet Moto for console games.

Ayen
12-14-2014, 03:52 AM
The PlayStation version is the only version I played.

Sephex
12-17-2014, 03:54 AM
Emulated translation for the SNES. This was before the Playstation version came to the US. However, when that version was released, I played through it officially then.

Levian
12-17-2014, 11:23 PM
Emulated translation as well, unfinished even. Many NPC's just had "Fill in later" in their textbox.

then I bought it for the psx and then i bought it for the gba, and lord knows I'll buy it if it gets released for the DS. Oh the iron grip this game has on me.

Shiny
01-01-2015, 01:36 AM
PS2 and I played the Anthology version, but quickly put it down to start on FFVI instead. :3

Wolf Kanno
01-02-2015, 01:53 AM
First on PS1 with Anthology and then the GBA version later.

Electroshock Therapy
01-07-2015, 04:21 AM
Anthology version, which apparently has some really messed up translated names. Oh well. It's still fun, but I had hard time with it. I tried to experiment with various job classes and combinations, but apparently I make poor choices in these games. :p Still, I had a lot of fun with this one!

Madame Adequate
01-13-2015, 09:38 PM
I played an emulated GBA version on PC.

Eeeyup.

Lazerface
01-14-2015, 12:03 AM
I first played on the Game Boy Advanced. It was fun but the music was kinda crappy because of GBA's sound processor.

Galuf
01-14-2015, 10:46 PM
i played one day randomly. on a GBA emulator.

Polnareff
01-19-2015, 09:42 PM
When I was real little, probably about 8, I had gone through a weird importing kick. My dad had bought me an SNES when I was 4, and a year or so later had the back tabs taken out for my cousin who liked to play import games.

One of the first RPG imports I had gotten was FFV. My dad found it at a flea market for insanely cheap. I'd played Final Fantasy "II" (lol) before. I didn't get far in the game because, of course, I didn't know any Japanese. ^^; Fast forward to about 6 years later, and I played the translated SNES rom of it. Then another year later, I found the Anthology at Gamestop for 19.99 (this was back in 2005, right before I joined here). This FF became one of my top three main FF games. I hope to get it off the PSN real soon so I can play through it again.