PDA

View Full Version : That was the single most thrilling experience of my entire life. (Christmas Cards!)

fire_of_avalon
12-07-2014, 05:09 AM
I'm late I'm late I'm late and I'm sorry.

But welcome to the 2014 Christmas and Holiday Card Swap! This is where you tentatively expose your home addresses to your fellow forum-goers and don't expect to get murder-raped.

So this year, I have a request for anyone who considers joining in.... the last few years we've had people sign up who didn't send out cards at all. I am the MOST GUILTY of this. As such, I'm not putting my name in the hat, because I know I won't be sending cards this year. I'm just organizing the shebang.

So what I'll ask this year, in addition to the normal rules, is that you examine the time you'll have with our much stricter deadline. If you don't think you'll be able to send cards, sign up next year! Or talk with me and we'll work something out.

With that being said, the whole point of this exchange is for everyone to share in the spirit of the Holidays! Bring joy, laughter, and pun-related groans to your friends and acquaintances here at EoFF. And freak out your letter carrier!

Here's the rules:

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS 12/12/2014 @ 2100 EST I will send out the address list that evening.

Please be mindful that international cards MUST go out by 12/14/2014 to make it before Christmas. Cards between the US or Europe to Oceania probably won't make it by Christmas. I'm sorry I'm getting started so late, but please don't hesitate to jump on board! You can still get a lovely card after the Holidays!

1) The Ralph Wiggum Rule:
THE VIDEO IS GONE. Ugh. Does everyone get the reference? No? So basically Ralph doesn't get ANY Valentine's on Valentine's Day Because all of the second graders in Springfield are buttholes.

No one wants to feel this way, especially at Christmas time. If you don't want to send a card to every person that may possibly sign up, I discourage you from signing up yourself. If you'd like to have some private exchanges, that's great! Organize them via PM. If you want to participate in the public exchange, then you participate with everyone included.

2) Please follow all laws and practices regarding sending things in the post. That means no threats or nasty messages. You do that, you can go to jail. I can't make threats that I'll personally ban-hammer you from EoFF anymore, but I sure will tattle my tail off.

Also, sending small objects in envelopes can sometimes cause the envelopes to tear or be opened by sorters who can't identify the object. Make sure you use appropriate containers!

3) To participate in the exchange you'll send me your mailing address via PM. You can use your real name, your forum name, a nickname, and you can use your physical address or a PO Box. Just don't use addresses where you can't receive mail.

Also, if you're participating in the public exchange, don't send your address to anyone but me. I'll collect them and distribute them to everyone participating!

4) Please delete the list of addresses once you're done. There's no reason to keep them once they've served their purpose.

Feel free to use this thread to tease the cards you'll be sending, to talk about holiday mail or just to watch awkward Christmas videos. Like the one below!

0Fhe0-ZXtL8

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-07-2014, 07:14 AM
Yup. Doing this again.

theundeadhero
12-07-2014, 10:17 AM
I just found some EOFF Christmas cards that I failed to mail out yesterday. They're 5-8 years old. I don't even know who some of them were going to, or if the names I can put to usernames still live in the same place :p Not all of them still post.

fire_of_avalon
12-07-2014, 02:12 PM
If you want to send them, tuh, I'll help you figure it out!

OH also, Does Anyone Know WHAT Christmas movie the thread title came from?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-08-2014, 04:09 AM
Edward Scissorhands.

If only we could all retrieve haircuts in such a sensual manner.

fire_of_avalon
12-10-2014, 04:03 AM
Hey guys! Just three days left to sign up. I know you all want to spread a little holiday cheer. :greenie:

fire_of_avalon
12-15-2014, 04:17 AM
Okay, well. No one but Jinx signed up. I chalk that up to me being so late. I'm really sorry.

I'm sending my nicest card to Jinx and Denny, then!