PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Television Chef?

Colonel Angus
12-14-2014, 05:01 PM
Which TV Chefs do you like the most? Remember, you can vote for more than one!

Night Fury
12-14-2014, 05:24 PM
Nigella :colbert:

Shorty
12-14-2014, 05:25 PM
Gordon Ramsay all the way. I want to pluck out Guy Fieri's eyeballs and boil them.

edit: OMG ALTON BROWN <333

Vermachtnis
12-14-2014, 07:00 PM
Ramsay is the only one up there I like/know. MasterChef Junior is one of the best things.

Leigh
12-14-2014, 07:10 PM
Ching He Huang. Yummy!

Her food isn't bad either! ;)

Dat Matt
12-14-2014, 07:45 PM
Ramsay is my man. I actually follow his channel on Youtube because he yells at his frying pans.

Also he keeps putting spices and things I've never heard of in the food and I'm getting confused at how to make things.

I Took the Red Pill
12-15-2014, 08:34 AM
Twenty different chefs listed and...not among them? The Swedish Chef from the Muppets. Consider this official notice of boycotting your bushwa poll

Bubba
12-15-2014, 08:47 AM
Where the fuck is Ainsley Harriott in that list?!!

Ainsley is the only TV chef to have appeared in an episode of Red Dwarf so that makes him the greatest.

Pike
12-15-2014, 10:52 AM
Where the fuck is Ainsley Harriott in that list?!!

Ainsley is the only TV chef to have appeared in an episode of Red Dwarf so that makes him the greatest.

THIS.

fire_of_avalon
12-15-2014, 11:10 AM
Alton Brown is the correct answer.

noxious.sunshine
12-15-2014, 03:29 PM
Gordon Ramsay has my heart. I'm madly in love with him. The things he's done for people and the passion he has for what he does... Omg. And I find him very extremely handsome. And MasterChef Junior is amazing.

I get sucked into watching Rachel Ray somehow, but a lot of her recipes just seem -weird- to me. Although I have done her Thanksgiving in 60 with the herb & pistachio crusted turkey breast, manchego mashed red potatoes, & orange-cranberry stuffing. It was yuuummmm.

Julia is my bitch. She looks dead up like my Paternal Grandmother, not even joking. I've never made any of her recipes, but if Meryl Streep's portrayal of her in "Julie/Julia" is anywhere close to accurate, then I'm in love. I've watched old PBS videos on YouTube, and she's just fantastic.

Giada, I can't stand to hear her talk. The way her like accent is, just drives me nuts. But I absolutely love the friendship she has with Alton. They're so funny together- especially on Food Network's Live Thanksgiving help thing.

Ming Tsai interests me a lot. I used to love watching him on Saturday morning PBS - along with Hubert Kelley and Pati Jinich.

Rick Bayless just has a creepy weird pedo look about him. I hate him a lot.

Colonel Angus
12-16-2014, 01:42 AM
I'm surprised that you hate Rick Bayless, as he's all things Mexicano. For me, his beard is what freaks me out.

fire_of_avalon
12-16-2014, 04:05 AM
Also Justin Wilson isn't on here, so you're basically discrediting all my childhood of watching his cajun cooking show on PBS with Grandma.

noxious.sunshine
12-16-2014, 04:11 AM
I'm surprised that you hate Rick Bayless, as he's all things Mexicano. For me, his beard is what freaks me out.

He just rubs me the wrong way entirely. Mexican Cuisine chefs, give me Lorena Garcia, Marcela Valladolid, Pati Jinich, and Aaron Sanchez .... Although I do like Bobby Flay's riffs on Mexican sometimes.

Colonel Angus
12-16-2014, 04:13 AM
Also Justin Wilson isn't on here, so you're basically discrediting all my childhood of watching his cajun cooking show on PBS with Grandma.
I Guarantee he's listed right under Jaime Oliver!

fire_of_avalon
12-21-2014, 07:13 PM
Now you expect me to read? What is this?

Depression Moon
12-21-2014, 07:54 PM
Are most of these on TV anymore? I miss Emeril Live. G Garvin is also missing from this list and he was great on TV One.

Ayen
12-21-2014, 08:14 PM
None of the above. I like food, I don't care who cooks it.

Calliope
12-21-2014, 08:18 PM
Michiba, then Gordon Ramsay, then Lenny Henry.

Cleric
12-21-2014, 09:16 PM
I'm a big fan of Gordon Ramsay and Alton Brown. I love how Gordon Ramsay whips new chefs and old into shape with his crazy yet effective ways. Alton Brown is great because he isn't only a culinary marvel but he is also very educational and teaches you the science behind cooking. I was a little sad to see that Ina Garten wasn't on the list though. Love me some Barefoot Contessa.

metagloria
12-22-2014, 12:17 PM
I picked Alton Brown even though he's known for personality, not food. I don't know if I've ever seen him cook anything.

But this poll was severely lacking in Chopped judges. Where's my man Aarón Sanchez?! Where's Alex Guarnaschelli?

noxious.sunshine
12-22-2014, 03:31 PM
Oh man. Aaron Sanchez <3

He's so hot