PDA

View Full Version : The Rules Game

Spooniest
12-10-2014, 02:52 PM
I'm making this up on the spur of the moment...let's see how it goes.

1. If your middle name begins with a vowel, post your favorite character from Final Fantasy.

2. If your middle name begins with a consonant, post your favorite song from Final Fantasy.

3. If your middle name is only one syllable, follow both the above rules, regardless of what the first letter is.

4. If your middle name is more than three syllables, you get to start a new game with one caveat: you must stipulate four and only four rules. They can be as complicated or as simple as you like, but there can only be four of them; no more, no less. If you have more than one middle name, use the first letter of the first middle name. Also, you can add up the syllables to both names for the syllable count.

So, here we go. My middle name starts with a consonant and is three syllables, so here's my favorite song from Final Fantasy, re-done by OC Remix.

OfjLTYJ8Z2o

Colonel Angus
12-10-2014, 03:23 PM
My favorite FF song is the Main Final Fantasy theme from XII.

Shauna
12-10-2014, 03:37 PM
I have no middle name.

This is a trout game.

Spooniest
12-10-2014, 03:56 PM
I have no middle name.

...Weird.

Shorty
12-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Eyes on Me~

Pumpkin
12-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Rose of May

Rocket Edge
12-10-2014, 06:28 PM
My favourite song is 'Dance with the Balamb-fish' from Final Fantasy VIII.

Shauna
12-10-2014, 07:04 PM
I have no middle name.

...Weird.

Not that weird.

Your game is just weird for being exclusionary to children whose parents didn't care enough to give them another name. ;_;

Aerith's Knight
12-10-2014, 07:26 PM
I have no middle name.

...Weird.

Not that weird.

Your game is just weird for being exclusionary to children whose parents didn't care enough to give them another name. ;_;

I like this proprietary excluvinism.

Only good song is Aerith's theme. ;_;

Also Beatrix's theme from IX.

Spooniest
12-10-2014, 07:50 PM
I like this proprietary excluvinism.

I, in turn, like the new word you have taught me.

And @ Shauna, that's what you get for locking people inside a hot stuffy couch all day :colbert:

chionos
12-10-2014, 09:39 PM
I don't like this game because I have too many favorites. Locke, Setzer, Terra, Celes, Vivi, Rydia, Balthier, Fran, Auron, Khimari, Strago, Banon, Steiner...okay, that's enough. So I cheated. Sorry.

Shorty
12-10-2014, 10:38 PM
Somehow I doubt anyone has 4+ syllable middle name here, so I don't see any new rules being made anytime soon.

Shauna
12-10-2014, 10:47 PM
Matt does.

chionos
12-10-2014, 10:53 PM
I don't like this game because I have too many favorites. Locke, Setzer, Terra, Celes, Vivi, Rydia, Balthier, Fran, Auron, Khimari, Strago, Banon, Steiner...okay, that's enough. So I cheated. Sorry.

*fistbump for vowel middle names*

Somehow I doubt anyone has 4+ syllable middle name here, so I don't see any new rules being made anytime soon.

Ya think maybe he made that rule on purpose? Out of everyone I know, only one person has a middle name with 4+ syllables and that's my daughter (Isabella). I'd never thought about it before, but I guess it's kind of a rare thing.

Spooniest
12-10-2014, 11:12 PM
Well you can't just go changing the rules to a game willy-nilly, now can you?

I can't really claim it was by design, since, as I said, I just threw the whole thing together in a momentary flash of...of crazy, I guess? But it does work to keep the rules of the game solid, and don't forget, we have newbies around whose middle names we aren't familiar with.

The Man
12-10-2014, 11:19 PM
Dancing Mad.

Psychotic
12-10-2014, 11:22 PM
What if you have two middle names? I have a vowel one and a consonant one.

chionos
12-10-2014, 11:29 PM

http://i.giphy.com/cwTtbmUwzPqx2.gif

Spooniest
12-10-2014, 11:36 PM

I suppose if you've got two, they both count. The first letter of the first middle name should be used; you can add the syllables and if it's more than three, make your four rules.

Kalevala
12-11-2014, 05:21 PM
Milk Aisle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEUOOgNzOv4

MissH
12-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Aeris's Theme

Dat Matt
12-14-2014, 12:34 AM
Matt does.

My Middle name is Alexander. Sticking with the rules, Eiko is my favorite character. Time to shake this business up cause 4 syllable rule.

1. If your first name has less than 3 vowels, post a random piece of artwork of your favorite FF character.
2. If your second name has less than 3 vowels, you need to post your favorite final fantasy song. Links to the song via Youtube are encouraged.
3. If your first and second name contains more than 5 vowels, you need to draw a picture of your favorite final fantasy character. Any format is fine.
4. If your second name has a double letter (i.e. double T in letter) then you can reset the rules.

Spooniest
12-14-2014, 01:36 PM
1. If your first name has less than 3 vowels, post a random piece of artwork of your favorite FF character.
2. If your second name has less than 3 vowels, you need to post your favorite final fantasy song. Links to the song via Youtube are encouraged.
3. If your first and second name contains more than 5 vowels, you need to draw a picture of your favorite final fantasy character. Any format is fine.
4. If your second name has a double letter (i.e. double T in letter) then you can reset the rules.

Ok here we go! John has one vowel, so here is artworks:

My names do not obey rules 2 or 3, but William has double letters.

So sorry! New rules!

1. If you are under 25, post something about a Pre-FFVII game that you like.

2. If you are 25 or older, post the best FFX fan art you can find.

3. If your hair's natural color is blonde, photoshop a picture of yourself as the player character in G-bike from Final Fantasy VII.

4. If your first and last names have the same first letter and your post has thus far followed rules 1-3, reset the rules. 4 and only four, no more, no less.