PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Awesome Video Game Accomplishments

Spooniest
12-10-2014, 05:25 PM
This guy beat Shadow Man with just the Mega Buster... 0_0

FuFeRjThbtc

I don't understand how this is possible. I've worn out a controller already trying to do this. Geez.

Got any bragging rights stories you'd like to share? Go for it!

Karifean
12-10-2014, 06:15 PM
I'm up to the final level in my (with infinite lives, obviously, and technically I did use savestates sometimes, but only to skip loading times) run of Kaizo Mario. I'm still surprised by how fun it was up to then, and how the final level ruins pretty much all of that.

VeloZer0
12-10-2014, 06:50 PM
On the Mega Man theme, watch someone beat Mega Man X & X2 simultaneously with a single controller hooked up to both games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AHVSamD5WQ

The Man
12-10-2014, 07:01 PM
This dude did Super Metroid reverse boss order in under 81 minutes (http://www.twitch.tv/zoasty/c/3045388). Any of you who have ever attempted this know how insanely difficult it is, and to get it in that short a period of time is nearly inconceivable.

Rez09
12-10-2014, 07:34 PM
This guy beat Shadow Man with just the Mega Buster... 0_0

Well, I've done that as well, but I sure as hell didn't do it without getting hit. X_X

I've finished FF1 with one White Wizard (and his three dead friends) and did a low-level natural magic run of FFVI, where I'm pretty sure my highest level was somewhere around 15, which are probably the most impressive things I've accomplished.

Spooniest
12-10-2014, 08:00 PM
On the Mega Man theme, watch someone beat Mega Man X & X2 simultaneously with a single controller hooked up to both games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AHVSamD5WQ

Kind of makes my no-death run of Castlevania look like shit. :monster:

metagloria
12-10-2014, 08:12 PM
I speedran Super Mario World in 17 minutes, and you can't tell me that's not a world record, because I ran the whole dang way, did the shortest possible route, and never lost a life. And if you dare post vids of shorter times, LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA LAAAAAAAA

escobert
12-10-2014, 09:52 PM
I beat FFVII in 26 hours once. I dunno if that's super fast but I thought it was.

Got a 700meter+ headshot in DayZ mod once with a AR15 variant.

Rocket Edge
12-10-2014, 10:00 PM
I think I excel in games that require quick dexterity like Call of Duty & fighting games. I reached number 1 in the online rankings with Yoshimitsu in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Pike
12-11-2014, 01:57 AM
Personal bragging rights is it? :smug:

I've beaten Deus Ex (the original) without killing a single person, unless it was required for the storyline. I also kept Paul Denton alive the entire time, which is pretty tough to pull off.

I'm in something like the top 0.3% on the global leaderboards for high scores on Pac-Man Championship Edition DX on my favorite course. And that's not high enough for me so I'm constantly trying to better my own score.

As for the best thing I've ever seen anyone else do:

xSGW7CwD5GM

No contest.

Spooniest
12-11-2014, 02:58 AM
Badass, thy name is Daigo

Ah yes, the Daigo Incident.

I never did learn to parry. :)

Masamunemaster
12-11-2014, 05:34 AM
I was going to mention my kh sephiroth time, but my save file got deleted of my old memory card:(. Does anyone know what the wr time was?

Ergroilnin
12-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Getting Excalibur II without skipping FMVs in FFIX; getting through the game at all lvl 1 and killing Ozma lvl 1 in FFIX; Finishing (well up to BFA) NGSNCNONBBNSNENNE or whatever is that crazy acronym challenge in FFX; getting legit 99 lvl swordman on Ragnarok Online low rate server.

Those are probably mine best game acomplishments

Sephex
12-11-2014, 12:11 PM
There was a time in my life that my sister used to look up to me when it came to video games. Then she started dating this guy:

s1RLHz-Tv_Q

qVzoiCcjyEs

As for me? The only thing I have on video is getting the best possible time on the first act of Green Hill Zone the original Sonic!

OYhnGoSigyM

Spooniest
12-11-2014, 12:27 PM
As for me? The only thing I have on video is getting the best possible time on the first act of Green Hill Zone the original Sonic!OYhnGoSigyM

I've only ever managed maybe 0:30 in my time. *Im* pressive.

Bubba
12-11-2014, 12:36 PM
I can 100% A Link to the Past in 3 hours and 45 mins. It can be done much quicker but I'm still pretty chuffed with it.

I also got 91-out-of-96 exits in Super Mario World (including all of Star and Special Road) without dying once. I succumbed on the final hurdle to one of those f***tard Monty Moles on the lead up to Bowser's Castle.

Spooniest
12-11-2014, 01:03 PM
I also got 91-out-of-96 exits in Super Mario World (including all of Star and Special Road) without dying once. I succumbed on the final hurdle to one of those f***tard Monty Moles on the lead up to Bowser's Castle.

:O Where did you lose your cape?

Pike
12-11-2014, 01:16 PM
I wanna say my best time for Green Hill Zone Act One is 27 seconds. Not sure though.

Spooniest
12-11-2014, 02:40 PM
I just beat myself half to death to get 0:28. :P I'm going to go smoke a cigarette and never play Sonic again

Bubba
12-11-2014, 03:44 PM

Lost my cape plenty of times but only died on that level with all the tunnels and the giant Monty Moles. I hope never to experience that pain again.

Spooniest
12-11-2014, 03:50 PM

Lost my cape plenty of times but only died on that level with all the tunnels and the giant Monty Moles. I hope never to experience that pain again.

But the Monty Moles die from a cape spin? I'm saying, how could you not have brought a cape to that level? It's the one where you're mostly boxed in by low ceilings and the Montys and Chucks are charging at you constantly, right?

Bubba
12-11-2014, 03:56 PM

But the Monty Moles die from a cape spin? I'm saying, how could you not have brought a cape to that level? It's the one where you're mostly boxed in by low ceilings and the Montys and Chucks are charging at you constantly, right?

Yep, that's the one! I just didn't have one. Either that or I lost it near the start of the level. I could have warped back to Donut Plains to stock up but it sort of felt like cheating.

Skyblade
12-13-2014, 12:55 AM
I beat Elizabeth in Persona 3 Portable with just my main protagonist. Still my greatest gaming achievement, and one I am justifiably proud of.

Frelling Megidolaon.

Shlup
12-14-2014, 08:09 PM
Only a small accomplishment, but when I was probably 11 or 12 I got over a million points in Super Mario World. My friend said something cool would happen, and my gullible little self wanted so hard to believe.

I Took the Red Pill
12-14-2014, 09:15 PM
I beat I Wanna Be The Guy on either Hard mode or Very Hard mode when I was in high school. Don't remember which. I just know it was pure pain.

Obtained all 700 stickers in Super Smash Bros Brawl. That one took 4-5 years.

Spooniest
12-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Yep, that's the one! I just didn't have one. Either that or I lost it near the start of the level. I could have warped back to Donut Plains to stock up but it sort of felt like cheating.

Chocolate Island 5 is right next to it. It has a mushroom and then a changing box that you could grab a feather from. The spinys are all encased in blocks, as long as you don't hit the switch that releases them.

:/ But I guess going back to power up is kind of not something you want to do when you're recording stuff to be viewed later, is the point, right?

Aerith's Knight
12-14-2014, 10:44 PM
Me and my friend managed to get off a bridge in a Halo level, and we went through the rest of the level without enemies, because the game bugged, we were too far ahead and nothing had loaded.

Only took us 7 hours.

...worth it.

Ayen
12-14-2014, 11:00 PM
Beating the first Super Mario Brothers. What? That game was hard as hell. Smurf the Hammer Brothers! Seriously.

Pete for President
12-15-2014, 01:45 AM
Beat Dark Souls new game in 3 hours and 20 minutes. It's nowhere near the record but I'm proud nonetheless :p

Necronopticous
12-16-2014, 01:42 AM
I beat Battle Kid on Very Hard a couple years ago.

Skyblade
12-16-2014, 07:34 PM

Chocolate Island 5 is right next to it. It has a mushroom and then a changing box that you could grab a feather from. The spinys are all encased in blocks, as long as you don't hit the switch that releases them.

:/ But I guess going back to power up is kind of not something you want to do when you're recording stuff to be viewed later, is the point, right?

If you're going for a no-death run, especially that close to the end, people tend to understand.

Madame Adequate
12-16-2014, 07:53 PM
My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Crop
12-16-2014, 08:02 PM
Personal bragging rights is it? :smug:
I've beaten Deus Ex (the original) without killing a single person, unless it was required for the storyline. I also kept Paul Denton alive the entire time, which is pretty tough to pull off.

By 'without killing' do you mean avoiding them, or just knocking them unconscious? I'd say the latter is more difficult.
I only ask because my main bragging rights come from beating Deus Ex using just the police baton on every enemy unless otherwise required.

Pike
12-16-2014, 08:08 PM
I avoided if possible, or used the prod and tranquilizers on everyone if they noticed me.

The Man
12-16-2014, 09:10 PM
Things I'm pretty proud of doing personally:

100% on every stage in Yoshi's Island
Clearing all the stages on SMB Lost Levels without resetting (i.e. getting world 9 etc.). Which I've done four times or more.
Beating Zelda II (seriously that game is hard as smurf)
Probably some other stuff I'm not thinking of offhand

Bubba
12-17-2014, 09:55 AM

If you're going for a no-death run, especially that close to the end, people tend to understand.

I suppose I could have made sure I started every level with two capes and a blue Yoshi, grabbed a shell and skipped pretty much the whole game... but that would have been no fun whatsoever.

Skyblade
12-17-2014, 10:59 PM
I've achieved 100% on the Adventure Mode for Hyrule Warriors. Well, the first one. Still working on the DLC.

Spooniest
12-18-2014, 03:40 PM
I suppose I could have made sure I started every level with two capes and a blue Yoshi, grabbed a shell and skipped pretty much the whole game... but that would have been no fun whatsoever.

It's moments like this that I miss the inventory system from Mario 3.