PDA

View Full Version : There are fireflies inside? SPOILERS EVERYWHERE FOR PS3 OWNERS THAT LIKE VIDEO GAMES.

Jowy
12-11-2014, 09:55 AM
Suikoden II is available on PSN now; pop on your knees and thank some sort of diety to recover 500 HP every encounter.

POMPOUS ASSHOLE:

Gremio's Special Stew is a recipe that you should have memorized. Learn to cook. That's how you have fun with the game.

Jowy
12-11-2014, 10:01 AM
no final fantasy game can ever compare to fighting Luca.

you're gonna die. you can't improve. killing him in five turns is impossible; i rely on absorbs and resistance.

Luca Blight is the true face of evil.

Shauna
12-11-2014, 01:06 PM
Get out of here America I hate you forever

Rez09
12-11-2014, 01:11 PM
I just used that fire sealing rune for the Luca fight and bulldozed him. <.<

Mirage
12-11-2014, 05:50 PM
Cool I need this is the first there too?

black orb
12-12-2014, 12:47 AM
SPOILERS EVERYWHERE FOR PS3 OWNERS (with internet connection) THAT LIKE VIDEO GAMES.

Mirage
12-12-2014, 01:10 AM
You talk as if there are PS3 owners without internet connections :p

The Man
12-12-2014, 01:22 AM
This is easily one of the best games ever made. Everyone go buy it now. It's $6. You have no excuse not to.

And yes, the first game is on PSN too.

Shauna
12-13-2014, 12:02 AM
This thread title is too long, I can't edit it to include what it's actually about. xD

Scotty_ffgamer
12-13-2014, 12:05 AM
I just downloaded it myself. I'm looking forward to finally playing it!

Araciel
12-13-2014, 01:02 AM
Replaying it once I'm done with Inquisition.

black orb
12-13-2014, 01:18 AM
You talk as if there are PS3 owners without internet connections :p
>>> I am a PS3 owner without internet connection..:luca:

Vyk
01-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Get out of here America I hate you forever

Suikoden (PSOne Classic – PSN) – January 2015 (EU)

Suikoden II (PSOne Classic – PSN) – January 2015 (EU)

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/january-2015-ps4-ps3-ps-vita-new-release-video-games/

Figured Eurogamers might be interested in this

Shauna
01-03-2015, 03:50 PM
:oooooooooooooooooooooooo

VeloZer0
01-04-2015, 12:55 AM
Except you can't play the dam thing on PSP. I was really really unimpressed with that.

Vyk
01-04-2015, 06:54 AM
Wait, what? Are you saying the emulation is junk, or that its literally not available to install on the PSP? I thought all the PSN PS1 Classics were PSP compatible. Or are they just not bothering with that on "new" releases? :/

Wolf Kanno
01-04-2015, 07:24 AM
Sweet, my Suikoden 1 save will not be for nothing.

Pumpkin
01-07-2015, 01:25 AM
I payed over 100 and now its $6 :colbert:!!!

Oh well, glad more people get to enjoy it :D

Vyk
01-07-2015, 01:42 AM

Wow, you took the plunge and got the physical copy then. That's nothing to be ashamed of. That thing is still rare as heck and most people would probably prefer to have that just to say they do. I know I would. So don't feel too bad. You're still the envy of a lot of gamers, and everyone gets to enjoy it. Kinda win/win. Though I'm sure you would have preferred to save money, given the option lol

Pumpkin
01-07-2015, 08:11 PM

Wow, you took the plunge and got the physical copy then. That's nothing to be ashamed of. That thing is still rare as heck and most people would probably prefer to have that just to say they do. I know I would. So don't feel too bad. You're still the envy of a lot of gamers, and everyone gets to enjoy it. Kinda win/win. Though I'm sure you would have preferred to save money, given the option lol

This keeps happening to me. I just paid a bunch of money for the Friends complete box set back in October because it is my all time favourite show and Netflix never had it. GUESS WHO HAS IT NOW?!!? :colbert:

The Man
01-07-2015, 08:15 PM
I got the physical copy too, but I only paid $64 for it. Mind you, that was $64 for both Suikoden I and Suikoden II. The only problem is it didn't have the instruction manual with it :(

Del Murder
02-09-2015, 06:03 PM
Just beat Suikoden 2 this weekend. Overall it was really fun, but not one of the best RPGs I've ever played. It was fun collecting the 108 stars and all the other collectibles like recipes and garden items and etc., but I didn't feel like any of it had any impact on what I was doing. I know I could have used any variety of parties but I tended to stick with the characters with story impact. Also, the unites and runes were cool but very limited and in the end you are just left with a traditional turn-based battle system with standard experience levels. Also most of the runes were useless and it sucked that only a few characters had 3 rune slots.

I will say that Luca was the best part of the game and it was actually sad to see him go so early. I was hoping he'd be the final boss. That was definitely one of the most intense boss fights I've ever played and his absolute ruthlessness leading up to it played a large part.

VeloZer0
02-10-2015, 06:04 AM
Wait, what? Are you saying the emulation is junk, or that its literally not available to install on the PSP? I thought all the PSN PS1 Classics were PSP compatible. Or are they just not bothering with that on "new" releases? :/
They purposely locked out the PSP version, it only works on the Vita. Funny thing is that they originally forgot to apply the lock-out, so if you downloaded it during the first 24 hours or so you have a copy that works on the PSP perfectly fine.

Vyk
02-10-2015, 06:37 AM
Holy poop. Fortunately for me, when I first hacked my PSP one of the first things I acquired was a converted copy of both the first Suikoden games. Though I could just buy it and play it on VitaTV or something. But that's really dumb. If people want to play it on their PSP they're kinda just encouraging piracy. Not a big deal for a 15 year old game at this point. But if they hadn't purposely gimped it, they'd get more sales. I mean I realize they're just trying to make sure one person doesn't download and then make it available online for millions of other people. But that's not really a problem since the original game can be easily converted and emulated on PSP already. So they're just kinda keeping legit people from buying it, or really really frustrating legit people who do buy it and then can't play it. Very lame indeed

Masamunemaster
02-14-2015, 09:20 AM
Woo I can finally own a copy of it, even though I have played it I never got to file transfer.

Shauna
03-03-2015, 05:46 PM
it happened

Pete for President
05-11-2015, 07:29 PM
I am downloading this at the moment. Let's see what all the fuss is about ;D

Raistlin
05-12-2015, 04:20 AM
Just beat Suikoden 2 this weekend. Overall it was really fun, but not one of the best RPGs I've ever played. It was fun collecting the 108 stars and all the other collectibles like recipes and garden items and etc., but I didn't feel like any of it had any impact on what I was doing. I know I could have used any variety of parties but I tended to stick with the characters with story impact. Also, the unites and runes were cool but very limited and in the end you are just left with a traditional turn-based battle system with standard experience levels. Also most of the runes were useless and it sucked that only a few characters had 3 rune slots.

It does depend on what you care about. The gameplay overall is nothing special, though a lot of the sidequests and minigames are fun (SIII and V do get more innovative). And it's paced really well, too, so that you never really feel like you're slogging through anything (at least not until your second trip through the Tinto mines to get fucking Mazus). It's the story and characters that really sets SII apart for me. It's an epic adventure where you can really feel and believe the impact that events are having on the characters, the world, and even individual cities.

The inconsistent amount of rune slots for each player is the series' attempt to have some sort of balance, with limited success. Viktor, for instance, would be absolutely unstoppable very early on with 3 rune slots. Of course, if you get enough Double-Beat and Fury runes, whoever you have in your party is already going to be unstoppable, but different amounts of rune slots does force you to organize and balance your party.

Pete for President
05-15-2015, 01:20 PM
Just beat the Mist Monster. The intro and fort events were pretty fun.

Del Murder
05-15-2015, 07:55 PM
I agree that the pacing was pretty good, much better than S1. It was a long game but I never felt like it was too slow. I also like how the experience system makes it easy to get a character up to the current level if you haven't used them in a while. This should be mandatory with any game that has multiple character options!

Ayen
05-15-2015, 11:34 PM
I should have gotten to this thread a hell of a lot sooner.

Oh well, I still have the games.

Pete for President
05-18-2015, 07:14 PM
I'm 4 hours in and very impressed by this game's pace so far. Lot's of stuff going on and hardly any tutorials. The battles don't seem very hard but they're fairly balanced at this point, and compared to RPG's from the same era there are a bit more save points around. I kinda like how combat is easy breezy whereas figuring out where to go and what to do next takes a bit more thought. I like it.

Things like "I'm not sure if we will ever come back here!" followed up by walking straight back into town crack me up sometimes. Oh classic video game design!

Pete for President
05-24-2015, 09:13 PM
About 8 hours in now. Pilika is easily the most unlikeable character in this game at the moment and I'm getting real tired of this silent treatment.

Also wtf Jowy.

Wolf Kanno
05-24-2015, 10:15 PM
Well she is traumatized...

Pete for President
05-25-2015, 01:35 PM
Well she is traumatized...

Yeah I guess, but I still don't get how Nanami can guess what Pilika is "saying" while all I get is "........". And then she suddenly comes up and manages to warn us about Jowy using what? Did she write it on a piece of paper? I dunno, I just find this whole thing weird and it's annoying because I do keep talking to her after every event to see if she's done with it yet and then feel like a fool for reading the "...." for the who knows how many-eth time.

Del Murder
05-26-2015, 07:13 PM
She probably uses elaborate hand gestures that you don't see due to the PS1's graphical limitations. Duh.

Pete for President
05-28-2015, 08:49 AM
She probably uses elaborate hand gestures that you don't see due to the PS1's graphical limitations. Duh.

On that note, I really like how the sprites change brightness as you walk in the shade or in the sun. I'm impressed!

Really enjoyed the events of North Window and the Wind Cave. It's got everything a talking sword, creepy organ music and the kick-ass abomination boss.

Pete for President
06-01-2015, 10:27 PM
Made it to Two Rivers. Can I please beat up that Chaco kid yet?

Pumpkin
06-01-2015, 10:33 PM
Chaco was pretty annoying. Hope you like the game!

Raistlin
06-01-2015, 10:38 PM
Chaco is the Yuffie of Suikoden II, without the optional sidequest part. But you also get to meet Ridley, who's badass.

Pete for President
06-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Chaco was pretty annoying. Hope you like the game!

Haha don't worry, overall the game is pretty fun so far!

Chaco is the Yuffie of Suikoden II, without the optional sidequest part. But you also get to meet Ridley, who's badass.

Yeah Ridley is badass! I really like the diversity of the races and how the characters are being brought to life. It's little things, like how Rikimaru is always hungry, Gengen loves being outside and stuff.

Characters like Chaco, Millie and Pilika on the other hand; I'd rather ignore them :shifty:

Pete for President
06-06-2015, 08:41 PM
Smurf all the backtracking in Greenhill. This has been the least enjoyable part of the game so far despite all the story events.

Pete for President
12-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Digging up this old thread because I've continued my first and blind playthrough. I'm at the Luca Blight battle. I farmed for it. I beat him. And then proceed to lose the stupid 1v1 rock-paper-scissor battle. It doesn't even make any sense! As in, the dialogue somehow telegraphs what he's gonna do? It doesn't really though. The rage quit was real and I'm not sure whether I can be bothered doing the whole thing again. It takes like 30 minutes altogether.

Del Murder
12-05-2015, 05:35 PM
I never had issue guessing their action from the dialogue 75% of the time, which is more than enough to win. But if you struggle with it just look it up in a guide because indeed those battles are dumb.

Raistlin
12-05-2015, 08:28 PM
Digging up this old thread because I've continued my first and blind playthrough. I'm at the Luca Blight battle. I farmed for it. I beat him. And then proceed to lose the stupid 1v1 rock-paper-scissor battle. It doesn't even make any sense! As in, the dialogue somehow telegraphs what he's gonna do? It doesn't really though. The rage quit was real and I'm not sure whether I can be bothered doing the whole thing again. It takes like 30 minutes altogether.

That one is less obvious than the other duels, largely because Luca is entirely insane at that point. His desperate attacks are generally more angry/emotional, and he does them frequently, so you may be better off just straight Defending for non-obvious ones. You had to have gotten pretty unlucky, because his health starts pretty low.

Pete for President
12-08-2015, 08:08 PM
I never had issue guessing their action from the dialogue 75% of the time, which is more than enough to win. But if you struggle with it just look it up in a guide because indeed those battles are dumb.

That one is less obvious than the other duels, largely because Luca is entirely insane at that point. His desperate attacks are generally more angry/emotional, and he does them frequently, so you may be better off just straight Defending for non-obvious ones. You had to have gotten pretty unlucky, because his health starts pretty low.

Yea I did look up a guide this time as I went through it.

I'm on Rockaxe castle now. The random encounter rate is way too high for my tastes : /

Pete for President
12-12-2015, 08:40 PM
I intended to finish the game before leaving the country again but I got to what I think was the final boss, got my ass whooped and then ran out of time. It's kind of a shame but I also recognised this game isn't meant to be rushed and I did exactly that. I guess the point was to enjoy wandering around the world talking to people and recruiting and stuff. Then again the battle system feels slow and old and sometimes the encounters with people are just vague. Like that priest in South Window, he just goes: "I am Gotetsu, I am a priest!", so how does that help the player to guess to recruit him? That's just not very helpful I find.

Flawed, but pretty cool game. Will finish it when I get back to the Netherlands.

Raistlin
12-13-2015, 11:21 PM
When you ask Gantetsu to join, doesn't he mention something about strength?

Also, as in all Suikoden games, your investigator (Richmond for S2) is a great resource for learning how to recruit new people. I think S2 is a pretty good balance in difficulty for you to try to figure things out for recruitment (too easy except for 1 or 2 characters is S3, too hard is S5).

I do agree with you that S2 is certainly not meant to be rushed (unless you're trying the stupid Clive quest).

Jowy
01-24-2021, 06:51 AM
This is an insanely long thread to bump, but I'm on another replay via emulation and a weird ass glitch hit me. Screenshot inserted. Admittedly, I did the gate glitch after I snagged my runes since the RNG gave me a troutty party BUT this is playthrough 10+ and has never occurred. And I'm allowed to bump it because my account name has a Black Sword Rune. Heehee.

Oops! Can't upload my file via phone since it is too large. Tl;dr after the Luca fight someone joined me at level 99 and wtf did that happen to anyone else?!

Wolf Kanno
01-25-2021, 07:07 AM
My guess is you may have triggered an overflow glitch. Is Riou a higher level than he should be? Then perhaps when the game was trying to factor the recruit's level it went too high and jumped their level to max by accident. Suikoden II has a very broken leveling mechanic and it's fairly easy to max out a character's level in this game compared to other entries.