PDA

View Full Version : It's all your fault

MissH
12-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Man am I suffering with pregnancy stuff. Why do they call it morning sickness when it lasts all day?!! I've lost so much weight in the last week from not eating due to feeling like crap!

It's all your fault Loony Bob- if the forum hadn't gone down, things would be different!

noxious.sunshine
12-12-2014, 01:28 PM
I had pretty bad morning all day sickness.. It left me feeling extremely worn out and practically unable to make it through the rest of my day.

It gets better though! Don't worry!

MissH
12-12-2014, 01:30 PM
I hope so! I'm exhausted at the mo anyway with dealing with my dad's cancer diagnosis and being my sister's full-time carer. This pregnancy stuff isn't helping the feeling crap!

And my sense of smell is ridiculous!! Every single smell is like 100000 times stronger than normal and makes me wanna puke!

MissH
12-12-2014, 01:33 PM
And my sense of smell is ridiculous!! Every single smell is like 100000 times stronger than normal and makes me wanna puke!

It's really not very nice talking about Bubba like that. :colbert:

haha! You're joking, but it's true! I picked him up from work yesterday and he went to give me a kiss and I was like "URGH- WHAT HAVE YOU EATEN?!!" He had to brush his teeth as soon as we got back.

Bubba
12-12-2014, 03:08 PM
It was a packet of pickled onion Monster Munch. Even if you weren't pregnant I'm pretty sure you'd want to give me a wide berth!

EDIT:

Also, be sure to eat something, MissH. It's not healthy for you nor the baby to go w/o food. & stay hydrated!

Heed these words, Sophie!

Colonel Angus
12-12-2014, 03:23 PM
I heard that if a pregnant woman is sick often during her pregnancy, it means she's having a girl.

Also, be sure to eat something, MissH. It's not healthy for you nor the baby to go w/o food. & stay hydrated!

noxious.sunshine
12-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Oh. Crackers like Ritz or Club brand are very good for helping to settle your stomach, along with Sprite or 7 Up. Also peppermint. I have no idea why, but someone told me about it and it helps with nausea.

Eating wise, you'll eat when you feel you can. I was hardly able to keep anything down the first 3 months & wound up losing like 6 lbs. But after that, I was fine. My girl is fine too.

Pumpkin
12-12-2014, 03:39 PM
I had morning sickness only in the morning, usually around 7 for about an hour. Only lasted the first trimester

Then you get to have a sore back and feet and ribs. Oh gosh the ribs

Congrats :jess:

Night Fury
12-12-2014, 03:51 PM
Ginger biscuits for nausea Sophie!

MissH
12-12-2014, 05:17 PM
Bubba I am eating when I can! *Don't make me grumpy*. I've done really well today as I actually managed some salmon and bread and cucumber. Not much, but a bit- which is amazing. Then about an hour ago I had a cookie!! It was great!!

Roll on the second trimester when I'm hoping every single smell won't make me wanna puke and I won't start randomly gagging wanting to be sick!

Shorty
12-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Man, I do not look forward to morning sickness if and when I have kids. When I don't feel well, I just lose it and everything falls apart for me.

As noxy said, saltines and sprite or 7up can usually do well for a "normal" upset stomach. Hope you feel better soon! Can't wait to expect another Eyeson babby!

MissH
12-12-2014, 05:42 PM
I guess it's some sort of blessing that I'm quite used to being sick. That being said, it doesn't make this any easier.

I'm so nervous about the baby being ok, because I know it's going to be a big part of my Dad staying positive.

chionos
12-12-2014, 06:38 PM
I heard that if a pregnant woman is sick often during her pregnancy, it means she's having a girl.

I dunno about that, but having crazy morning sickness means your baby is probably healthy. Seriously. You get sick because of hormones/a large amount of progesterone in your body.

So while morning sickness might suck (I can only imagine...I hate nausea), it's actually kind of a blessing in disguise.

While it's good to eat, if she can't then she can't and that's fine. It will not endanger the baby. Staying hydrated is always important though. Trying to eat when she's not ready can make her not hold liquids down and end up dehydrated, which is bad. So MissH, when you don't feel like eating, don't eat, and don't feel pressured to eat for your baby. The baby will be fine.

Bubba, I promise she'll be fine. Don't fuss over her too much (just listen and do what she tells you to do). MissH, trust your body. Bubba, trust MissH.

As Jinx mentioned, "morning" sickness is a good thing. And yes the "morning" aspect of it is erroneous. My baby momma had true morning sickness with one kid, night/evening sickness with another, and all day sickness with the third.

Bubba I am eating when I can! *Don't make me grumpy*. I've done really well today as I actually managed some salmon and bread and cucumber. Not much, but a bit- which is amazing. Then about an hour ago I had a cookie!! It was great!!

Roll on the second trimester when I'm hoping every single smell won't make me wanna puke and I won't start randomly gagging wanting to be sick!

Don't stress it MissH, dude's gonna fuss, cause a dude feels out of control when his lady's pregnant, and that's all he's got--fussing.

I guess it's some sort of blessing that I'm quite used to being sick. That being said, it doesn't make this any easier.

I'm so nervous about the baby being ok, because I know it's going to be a big part of my Dad staying positive.

I know it doesn't help anything to tell you not to stress, but try not to. =P Stress is the worst thing for you and baby. But shit, you've got so much going on, I can't even imagine. Do whatever it takes (Bubba, do whatever it takes to help) to find a way to be at peace with everything, some way to enjoy it as much as possible. Of course nothing's guaranteed, but the sickness is a good sign, so don't stress things that might go bad in the future and try to enjoy and be at peace with what's going good in the present.

Furthermore, when you say it's BoB's fault, are you trying to subtly tell us something about the identity of the baby's father!? I mean, I assumed it was Bubba's, but I guess an Izon baby is an Izon baby, and I'm glad Bubba is okay with raising BoB's child.

Good luck!

MissH
12-12-2014, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the fab message chionos!

As for the identity of the father, I guess that will remain a secret ;-)

I think the picture in the initial post I wrote explains it all!

chionos
12-12-2014, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the fab message chionos!

As for the identity of the father, I guess that will remain a secret ;-)

I think the picture in the initial post I wrote explains it all!

Speaking of which:

Man am I suffering with pregnancy stuff. Why do they call it morning sickness when it lasts all day?!! I've lost so much weight in the last week from not eating due to feeling like crap!

It's all your fault Loony Bob- if the forum hadn't gone down, things would be different!

Hooking your baby's umbilical up to a controller will not give it 1337 gaming skills when it's born, and neither will it provide necessary nourishment. If Bubba (or BoB, idk what's going on with you guys and I can see either one of them doing this) is trying to coerce you into wiring your baby, you need to get help immediately. Call someone who can help.

Colonel Angus
12-12-2014, 11:03 PM
MissH, whenever you're ready, I can do a front page poll so the EoFFers can pick the baby's name.

Ayen
12-14-2014, 05:05 AM
MissH is pregnant? I feel like I missed a very important thread somewhere, and knowing me I probably posted in it and just forgot.

Dat Matt
12-14-2014, 03:46 PM

wait, we were supposed to be getting laid when the forums went down!? AWW MAN I MISSED THAT MEMO! :(

Aerith's Knight
12-14-2014, 10:26 PM

wait, we were supposed to be getting laid when the forums went down!? AWW MAN I MISSED THAT MEMO! :(

Didn't you get the signal through the collective man-nity?

Rin Heartilly
12-16-2014, 05:44 PM
Congratulations MissH ^^

I agree with everyone else, mint, ginger and lemonade are good for nausea! While I've never been pregnant, I do get really terrible nausea from motion sickness to stress, so I found that those help =] With the ginger I usually eat some before I think I may feel sick (no one wants to eat when they're nauseous) and the mint and lemonade (flat lemonade/no bubbles) help during.

This also may seem like a weird tip but (for me) finding a quiet area and listening to music REALLY helps! I end up focusing on the music and the nausea seems to slip away without me noticing =]

Psychotic
12-16-2014, 06:06 PM
It was a packet of pickled onion Monster Munch. Even if you weren't pregnant I'm pretty sure you'd want to give me a wide berth!
Speak for yourself :flirt:

MissH
12-17-2014, 11:18 AM
Nothing is helping. Literally nothing. I'm spending all day every day in bed-bathroom-bed. I can't do anything. Ginger isn't working,crackers,bread,sparkling water - nothing nothing nothing. Think I'm gonna go to the docs tomorrow. :-(

noxious.sunshine
12-17-2014, 02:11 PM
When I see this thread title, I automaticall think of the Alanis Morrisette song.

You should look up a Chinese birth chart! No joke, they're pretty accurate for telling you if you're having a boy or girl. Mine was spot on for Parker (My Parker, not EoFF Parker) !

Bubba
12-17-2014, 02:32 PM
You should look up a Chinese birth chart! No joke, they're pretty accurate for telling you if you're having a boy or girl. Mine was spot on for Parker (My Parker, not EoFF Parker) !

According to this we are having a girl, MissH!

Old Manus
12-17-2014, 03:29 PM
If it turns out Chinese though then I wouldn't blame the chart.