PDA

View Full Version : FINAL FANTASY XV - Demo Will Be Limited to Day One Versions of Type-0 HD

Aulayna
12-12-2014, 03:07 PM

SQUARE ENIX have announced in a blog post that the FINAL FANTASY XV EPISODE DUSCAE demo, originally though to be included with all copies of FINAL FANTASY Type-0 HD, will be limited to limited edition "Day One" copes of Type-0 HD. This means that only the first print run and shipment of FINAL FANTASY Type-0 HD will include the demo, and any versions shipped after that will not include the demo.

Naturally, SQUARE ENIX have encouraged anyone who wants to play the hotly anticipated demo of FINAL FANTASY XV, to pre-order Type-HD as soon as possible.

FINAL FANTASY Type-0 HD is released on March 17th in North America and March 20th in Europe and comes in both Standard Edition and Collector's Edition formats.

Pre-orders for the Collector's Edition are now open on the SQUARE ENIX European (https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_europe/games/xone/Final-Fantasy-Type-0-HD-Collector-s-Edition-EN.php) and North American (https://type0.na.square-enix.com/) stores respectively.

[Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/11/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-collectors-edition-revealed/#sf6278684 ]

Freya
12-12-2014, 03:13 PM
WHAT

UGhhhhh this means I have to buy day one I also have to buy a PS4 for the day one release. UGHHHH

Fox
12-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Dick move.

Well, guess that screws me as I was going to commit the utter atrocity of waiting for reviews before buying Type-0 HD.

Depression Moon
12-12-2014, 08:45 PM
I was excited for the demo, but knowing this I'm not anymore. Unless something truly fortunate bestows upon me I will not be able to get a PS4 and this game by the time it drops.

Venom65437
12-13-2014, 05:26 AM
Missing out on nothing by not getting it!

Del Murder
12-13-2014, 06:38 AM
Dick move.

Well, guess that screws me as I was going to commit the utter atrocity of waiting for reviews before buying Type-0 HD.
Yeah what the hell. Nobody who loves games was at the table to make this stupid decision. It was another one of SE's clear moneygrabbing ploys.

I still want Type-0 for Type-0 but this makes me less likely to buy it at full retail since like Fox I always wait for reviews instead of pre-ordering. Without the FFXV demo carrot I'll just wait for a price drop a few weeks later.

Ayen
12-14-2014, 12:43 PM
Wow... that's low even for them.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-14-2014, 05:52 PM
This is how I thought it was going to work out. I mean, I figured the demo would be available eventually for everyone (depending on when the game was going to be coming out), but I feel like most things I read regarding the demo being with Type-0 was emphasizing that people should preorder the game.

That being said, communication there wasn't very good. There were trailers and posts that made it seem like the demo was exclusive to Amazon, then there were things making it unclear on if you need to preorder to get the demo, etc etc.

Leigh
12-14-2014, 07:00 PM
Demos are a rarity now anyway. With companies asking you to pay to be what is in essence a game tester, with schemes such as early access. The other alternative are trial versions when the game is released. Are demos for Final Fantasy common? The only one I remember was one thrown in the with FFVI re-release on PS1. They bundled a demo of FFX if memory serves correctly?

Scotty_ffgamer
12-14-2014, 07:25 PM
I'm not sure how many FF games have had demos. XIII-2 and Lightning Returns are the only downloadable ones really... but that doesn't mean much since those are about the only ones that have existed since downloadable demos have really been a thing on console. The PS1 era had some demos (such as the VIII demo in Parasite Eve). I remember X-2 had a trailer (it might have just been the opening video) included with Unlimited SaGa.

Part of me likes the notion of demos and other such goodies sort of being exclusive to buying other games, but that just kind of comes from nostalgia to an era where the demos actually came on their own discs and whatnot. If you are just getting a voucher to download the demo, I feel like there is absolutely no reason not to give the demo to everyone eventually. Maybe they will still make it available for everyone eventually and this is just supposed to be an incentive to buy early more than anything. I feel like that should be something made a little more clear.

Sephiroth
12-14-2014, 07:48 PM
There are multiple demos or Sneak Previews for Final Fantasy; VII was in some uninteresting game, FFVIII was in VII, X was in the PSX one of VI, X-2 was in Unlimited SaGa, XIII was in AC Complete, et cetera.

Freya
12-15-2014, 12:03 AM
Viii was in braver fencer musashi actually

Fynn
12-15-2014, 06:31 AM
Um... I thought they said it was gonna be like that from the get-go?

Ayen
12-15-2014, 06:35 AM

Don't know about other news sites but the ones here just stated that it was going to be added to Type-0, not that it was just day one stuff.

Rostum
12-15-2014, 07:42 AM
Laaaaame.

Sephiroth
12-15-2014, 12:52 PM
Viii was in braver fencer musashi actually

I have it in a Platinum edition of FFVII.

Mirage
12-15-2014, 01:27 PM
I have it in either a regular or a platinum of ff7. I forgot. It was probably the regular because that cover has room for 4 discs.

Freya
12-15-2014, 03:18 PM
The re-release of VII then? Platinium? It was with brave fencer though cause that's where I was first introduced to it.

http://www.emuparadise.me/roms/psx/BraveFencerMusashi/cover.jpg

Scotty_ffgamer
12-15-2014, 04:08 PM
It came with a few games.

Bubba
12-15-2014, 04:15 PM
I'm just gonna buy the game when it comes out.

I was never a big fan of demos. The only demo I was truly excited for was Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty that came with Zone of the Enders. That was a pretty good deal as well because I loved ZOE.

Sephiroth
12-16-2014, 10:18 AM
I have it in either a regular or a platinum of ff7. I forgot. It was probably the regular because that cover has room for 4 discs.

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/141216/25l72488.png

Loony BoB
12-16-2014, 12:14 PM
Glad I wasn't the only one. xD Yeah, I always kind of assumed this is what was going to happen. I do happen to have a PS4 as of very recently, so I'm not too bothered by this. Whether I do end up pre-ordering or not... dunno. Probably will, though, I'm a sucker like that and I have heard a lot of good things about Type-0. People saying you need to wait for reviews: You do realise this is a port, right? The reviews for the game itself are out there already, and they're pretty good.

Del Murder
12-16-2014, 04:18 PM
People saying you need to wait for reviews: You do realise this is a port, right? The reviews for the game itself are out there already, and they're pretty good.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/psp/final-fantasy-type-0 Yeah so many reviews.

Teasing BoB aside, I know Type-0 will be good and I'll get it regardless, maybe even pre-order and share the demo with the EoFF population once I give it the requisite hour of my time. But it's the principle of the thing. Even for a port you do want to check the reviews to make sure they didn't totally botch it up with the HD and create tons of slowdown or break something.

I also did not get that it would be a pre-order bonus from the start but I've only been reading the EoFF articles about this so I guess the information was out there somewhere.

Aulayna
12-16-2014, 04:26 PM
They never explicitly stated it would be Day One only before. They were using phrases like "pre-order to guarantee access" etc, but never explicitly said Day One only until now.

fat_moogle
12-16-2014, 04:41 PM
I, like Loony and White Wizard, also assumed this would be the case.

Just like the FFXIII demo which come with first run copies of Advent Children Complete in Japan. That was a JP exclusive so at least this is for EVERYONE across the globe who purchases Type-0 HD day one.

I pre-ordered the first day I was able to, so I'm set.

Vyk
12-16-2014, 05:06 PM
People are getting frustrated that it's Day One only. But I've seen wording that insinuates that it's not only day one. But also limited to just the collector editions. So even if you pre-order the game, you may not get it, unless you pony up for the more expensive version. Which I kind of want, but I totally agree that its getting more and more ridiculous. Just put it in every regular copy, full stop. If they think people are only going to buy Type-0 for the demo, they should get as many demos out there as possible. Playing this supply/demand game only pisses people off

I think it'd be fitting if they got their sales numbers, and still got a lot of hate and bad press for this. They seriously need to start listening and catering to their fans more. Be friendlier and more lax. Not more restrictive and unfriendly

Done ranting. Even though it doesn't apply to me, I plan on pre-ordering the limited edition anyway, and already have a PS4. I still think it's a dumb practice. Not a big fan of disc locked content, or early access costing twice as much as a game, and other bad practices like these which are becoming more and more prevalent in the industry

Del Murder
12-16-2014, 05:27 PM
The only thing I can think of is that pre-orders must have some great significance on their financial projections and production orders. Which makes sense since it replaces an unknown number of sales with a known number. Either that or they think the game is a total flop and want to get as many suckers to pre-order before they realize they just bought a piece of junk (I hope not!).

fat_moogle
12-16-2014, 05:34 PM
If it's Collector's Edition only then I'm not paying £30+ more for a demo, but that's the first I've heard of that.

Vyk
12-16-2014, 05:46 PM
SQUARE ENIX have announced in a blog post that the FINAL FANTASY XV EPISODE DUSCAE demo, ..., will be limited to limited edition "Day One" copes of Type-0 HD

Even the wording in this very thread insinuates it's only the limited edition copies

But I first heard it worded that way on Polygon, so it's not just one source. And I'm not even actively following the production of this game. So it's weird that it pops up that frequently and hasn't been addressed as a thing

Edit: Unless its a misnomer, and nobody is reconciling the difference in types of limited edition. And they don't actually mean collector's edition, and are actually simply talking about a limited printing of the game on the first run. But some clarification would be nice on what exactly they mean by limited edition in each context..

Del Murder
12-16-2014, 06:05 PM
If it's CE pre-orders only then...well I hope those 10 people enjoy their demo.

fat_moogle
12-16-2014, 09:53 PM
I've sent a Tweet to SE / SE Europe asking for clarification! Doubt I'll hear anything back.

I do really want to play the demo so if it does turn out to be CE only then I might possibly change my mind...so make that 11 people. Maybe. Possibly. What?

Tyson
12-17-2014, 04:09 AM
Well I'm not sure about in the U.S but here in Aus these are the two versions available to us from Eb Games (Our version of Gamestop) Both the regular steelbook version and the super expensive CE (It's $199 over here!) contain the demo.

Gonna stick with the steelbook myself :P

Loony BoB
12-18-2014, 03:04 PM
Steelbook - same price as the standard game - is also available for pre-order at GAME in the UK. The regular version doesn't seem to contain the demo. But it's okay, because... same price. :shobon:

Aulayna
12-19-2014, 04:30 PM
I got the CE in the end. I'm a sucker for tat I'm going to look at once and then it'll just collect dust. I LOVE IT.

fat_moogle
12-19-2014, 04:36 PM
Steelbook - same price as the standard game - is also available for pre-order at GAME in the UK. The regular version doesn't seem to contain the demo. But it's okay, because... same price. :shobon:
I don't see a steel book version available on the GAME website? Do you have a link?

Aulayna
12-19-2014, 04:41 PM
http://www.game.co.uk/en/final-fantasy-type-0-includes-final-fantasy-xv-demo-access-only-at-game-322946?pageSize=20&searchTerm=final%20fantasy%20type-0&catGroupId=

fat_moogle
12-19-2014, 05:29 PM
http://www.game.co.uk/en/final-fantasy-type-0-includes-final-fantasy-xv-demo-access-only-at-game-322946?pageSize=20&searchTerm=final%20fantasy%20type-0&catGroupId=
Thanks! I had the standard edition pre ordered at ShopTo for £45, but I'll cancel that and get this instead :)

Tyson
12-22-2014, 02:11 PM
Preordered my steelbook edition today, Gonna freak out when I'm holding that demo code in my hand :S

Leigh
12-23-2014, 10:22 PM
Yep! This is one of those things where I said out loud

"Pointless! Must by it immediately"

Rostum
12-23-2014, 11:45 PM
WHY IS IT SO EXPENSIVE IN AUSTRALIA!

Tyson
12-23-2014, 11:56 PM
WHY IS IT SO EXPENSIVE IN AUSTRALIA!

Everythings expensive in Australia :P

We earn a much higher wage on average compared to the U.S tho, so it kind of evens out.