PDA

View Full Version : Burger Joints

noxious.sunshine
12-15-2014, 02:37 AM
Where do you like to burg!?

My lil sister & I had Shake Shack for the first time the other night and omfg it was amazing. I had the SmokeShack burger, cheese fries, & a draft beer. They even have organic doggie treats! I ate myself into a food coma quick.

Otherwise, I dig Checkers & A&W (I miss A&W a lot. Sigh)..... the Shell gas station by my dad's is pretty bomb too. And Whataburger. Nomnomnom

Ayen
12-15-2014, 02:43 AM
Burger King, McDonalds, and occasionally IHOP.

Agent Proto
12-15-2014, 03:02 AM
Five Guys is my favorite, but it's a bit expensive on my budget. :p

noxious.sunshine
12-15-2014, 04:19 AM
I have yet to try Five Guys -.-

I need to fix this problem.

Pheesh
12-15-2014, 10:07 AM
God I miss Five Guys. I don't even like to think about it, it brings me too much sadness.

Pike
12-15-2014, 10:45 AM
When I feel like eating wheat and destroying my colon: Burger Bob's and Ted's Montana Grill

I usually don't eat burgers :p

Bubba
12-15-2014, 11:50 AM
Me and MissH have been to Gourmet Burger Kitchen the last couple of times. They do some meaty ones there. I probably go with Burger King for the majority of the time though. I love me an XL Bacon Double Cheese Burger.

Jessweeee♪
12-15-2014, 02:41 PM
A "tobacco" shop opened up in my town that's also a restaurant in half of the building. The theme is stoner food. Aside from feeling like I'm eating in a college dorm it's great. The other day I had a sandwich there topped with caramel and captain crunch.

escobert
12-16-2014, 01:43 AM
My fry pan. :D

5 guys is good but too noisy in there. I don't really like fast food but I'll grab a double cheese burger or a bigmac form McDonalds now and again.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-16-2014, 02:32 AM
Chain burger joint wise

#3 - Smashburger
#2 - In-N-Out
#1 - Burgerville (a strictly PNW thing)

In-N-Out is pretty much mostly a nostalgic thing. It was the first place I ate after boot camp and each of my three deployments.

Smashburger is just good eats.

But Burgerville, grown out of my hometown of Vancouver, WA is just amazing. The Colossal Burger is the best thing on Earth. I ate there no less than once a day for a week and a half while I was back home. They have grown out from Vancouver and have locations all over the PNW. Especially in the Portland/Vancouver metro area.

Five Guys is waaay overrated.

Shorty
12-16-2014, 03:17 AM
In N Out for national chains. For local chains, there's a place called Zip's here that's pretty popular and they make damn good burgers and the biggest, fluffiest onion rings you've ever seen.

Chris
12-16-2014, 09:24 AM

noxious.sunshine
12-16-2014, 02:18 PM
Five Guys is waaay overrated.

This is exactly how I feel about Chipotle. Not to get off topic, but I had it the other day and just wasn't impressed at all.

Jinx refuses to accept that I didn't like it. :D lol

MissH
12-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Me and MissH have been to Gourmet Burger Kitchen the last couple of times. They do some meaty ones there. I probably go with Burger King for the majority of the time though. I love me an XL Bacon Double Cheese Burger.

No you don't actually understand how much I'm craving Gourmet Burger Kitchen chips right now. They do these skinny fries which are practically matchsticks but they're so good. And they do this incredible salt called 'hei hei salt'. It's a secret recipe and Im craving it so much right now but I'm too ill to go out and actually get any. I'm not really eating at all at the mo and this is the first craving i've had in like 2 weeks and I can't have any :'(

Miriel
12-23-2014, 09:15 PM
You know, I meant to try Shake Shack while I was in New York, but I just couldn't bring myself to get excited about it, so I ended up skipping it.

I love In-n-out and a new chain in the Bay Area called Super Duper. But my favorite all time burger place was called Flippers and it made the perfect burger and when it closed down I literally stood outside the closed shop and cried. It broke my heart.

Here is what goes into my perfect burger, which nobody but flippers ever got right:

Juicy meat patty, kinda thick, but not one of those crazy gourmet 1.5 inch monstrosities.
Bacon - crispy. None of that flimsy rubbery shit.
Grilled RED onions. This makes a difference! Every other place I've ever gone to uses white or yellow onions, or if it does happento be red, it's not grilled.
Pickles. The sliced pickles INSIDE the burger. Not a spear on the side.
"Special" sauce aka some version of thousand island.
Toasted bun that doesn't get super soggy right away

There you go. My perfect burger. Accompanied by crispy fries. Even better if it's steak fries.

Crop
12-27-2014, 12:55 AM
There is a place in Cardiff called The Grazing Shed and they do the finest burgers known to humankind.

Aulayna
12-27-2014, 11:14 AM
https://www.facebook.com/coqbull

Best Burger place, ever.

Yes, even better than In 'N' Out.

Psychotic
12-27-2014, 12:20 PM
Wasn't overly impressed with In-N-Out when I was in the states. I prefer Wendy's :shobon:

In the UK I would probably say the Handmade Burger Co. Had a fantastic lamburger there not too long ago.

Yellow_Magic
12-27-2014, 01:05 PM
There are a couple Five Guys all around London and I do enjoy their burgers.

The amount of fries the place serves irks me though. I ask for the small fries and they give me an overflowing bag with the stuff. What's the deal with that? @_@

escobert
12-27-2014, 04:07 PM
In N Out for national chains. For local chains, there's a place called Zip's here that's pretty popular and they make damn good burgers and the biggest, fluffiest onion rings you've ever seen.

In n out is definitely not national. There aren't any east of the Mississippi and a good 3/4 of them are in Cali :p

here in Northern New England its only McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's and 5 guys are just coming in now. We get shafted on fast food. The nearest White Castle is in NYC :(

Dat Matt
12-29-2014, 10:48 PM
We have fast food chains n stuff, but getting a burger properly made in a kitchen is even better.

So going to a pub and a burger made there is cheap and delicious.

Shiny
01-02-2015, 05:26 AM
Overrated garbage:
Five Guys -- I ate here a few times out of convenience but it's pretty mediocre.
Shake Shack -- burgers are okay but definitely not worth waiting hours for like a crazy tourist. Their milkshakes are worth the wait though and you think people would realize by the name that that's what good about them not the burgers and definitely not the fries. But of course anything will taste good when you've been waiting for 5 hours starving. :P
In-n-Out Burger - Absolutely super overrated and mediocre. And it wasn't in and out service either!
White Castle -- I will eat it, but these aren't called murder burgers for no reason.
Burger King -- troutty burgers.

Amazeballs:
Bareburger -- and they have all kinds of meat ranging from your typical cow to delicious ostrich
P.S. Burgers -- Their custom sauces are to die for too.
Barcade -- A bar + arcade that makes the best damn veggie burger I've ever tasted.
Smash Burger -- Actually pretty decent for a chain. I wouldn't rate them as high as Bargeburger because they don't have as many selections or good sauces, but still pretty good.

Not sure about:
NY Burger & Co. -- Their sauces are good, though not P.S. Burger good. Some of their sauces are bad. Their burgers are overpriced for being pretty small. If you get a bigger one, it's almost too big and thick. The thickness makes it dry. The smaller ones taste better because they're juicer. Still overpriced. Overall would recommend just try once.
McDonalds -- Granted Big Macs are pretty great if you like sugary and calorie full burgers, but even thinking about McDonalds makes me ill.
Wendy's -- I haven't had their burgers in years so I can't recall if I liked them. Last thing I ordered at Wendy's was a potato, an actual whole potato. Don't know why. xD
Arby's -- Also overpriced and although their custom burgers can be good, I'm not sure it justifies their prices. There's not enough selection for me, but I do love their curly fries.

I am pretty picky when it comes to burgers but that's because a majority of places don't know how to make a decent burger. Interestingly enough, some of the best burgers I've had weren't from chains, it was from diners.

There's actually a whole book someone wrote about the best burger places in America and it was made in to a show.