PDA

View Full Version : Guitars Thread

Spooniest
12-15-2014, 03:26 AM
Any guitarists on EoFF?

What kinda gear you got? How do you set your pedals up? What's your playing style? Isn't Uematsu's stuff a bitch to play?

This is the general guitar discussion thread for EoFF.

Pete for President
12-16-2014, 06:39 PM
Ooh I kinda missed this thread.

My main setup is a Gibson Les Paul studio with a Marshall jcm900 tube amp. Here's a photo;

The pedals are a vintage overdrive and a blues overdrive. They kinda do the same thing but the vintage overdrive isn't as reliable and doesn't go on/off sometimes. The old thing on the right is a phase shifter. Barely ever use it, but it's fun sometimes. Used to have a wah but it broke. Also have that old H&K amp and an Epiphone SG junior.

I'm away from home right now and I miss playing :cry:

Spooniest
12-17-2014, 02:06 AM
Noyce

Multi-effect boards (The Boss GT Series in particular) are way cool man, you might consider one. Once you get the hang of setting 'em up, they make everything a snap, and you don't have to spend all that time plugging stuff in all over the place.

Jessweeee♪
12-17-2014, 02:31 AM
I own a guitar
I don't play one
I'm trying to change that but I'm having trouble with even the most basic of chords. It seems I'm too stupid to hold down more than on string at the same time. My tiny tiny fingers are not helping.

:bounce:

Spooniest
12-17-2014, 02:45 AM
I own a guitar
I don't play one
I'm trying to change that but I'm having trouble with even the most basic of chords. It seems I'm too stupid to hold down more than on string at the same time. My tiny tiny fingers are not helping.

:bounce:

Are you having any trouble pressing down on the strings? Your guitar's neck may be warped from being exposed to extreme temperatures...pretty common, in my experience. Take it to a guitar repairman and have him adjust the truss rod. Tell him you want low action, but you don't want any buzz on the strings. These fixes take all of two minutes if he knows what he's doing.

The situation should now be improved. If you have to wrestle with the dang thing, you're never going to get down to really practicing.

Hannibal_Khan
12-22-2014, 06:49 PM
I'm really tempted to learn this fingerstyle arrangement, but there is no tablature provided so i would have to work it out by the video and ear. Which i'm not quite inspired enough to do at the moment lol. Just as well, sometime's learning a piece of music can take away some of the "magic" of a song, IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgspmYHAlpU

Anybody else wanna share a song(s) their planning on learning?

Spooniest
12-22-2014, 09:48 PM
jVh0Ep8fDIs

Been trying to pin this monster down practically since the game came out.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-23-2014, 12:42 AM
I'm in a real similar boat to Jessweeee♪

I have a guitar. But I don't really know how to play it.
I practice the chords I do know a few times a week while watching tv. But I too have small hands which sometimes make some chords difficult.

I have been kinda sorta going to Justin Guitar (http://www.justinguitar.com/en/BC-000-BeginnersCourse.php) to learn/relearn chords and such.

Pheesh
12-23-2014, 01:08 AM

On the left is my 7 string Epiphone LP and the right is my PRS Custom 24. I also have an Ibanez AW acoustic that I don't really play much these days. I have a live set up that I also don't use often because I have a home studio which consists on my guitar into my Axe FX II which goes into my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 sound card and finally into the computer. I monitor everything through 600ohm Beyerdynamic DT880's which I run through an Aune tube headphone amp, but I do need to get some studio monitors at some point.

Spooniest
12-23-2014, 03:51 AM
Sounds like a p decent rig.

I've got a Line 6 500HDFX thingy, and I've got it programmed to mimic the daisy-chain of pedals I used to use.

Tuner, EQ, Gain 1 (+Drive, =Treble), Gain 2 (-Drive, +Treble), Phaser (+Rate, -Depth), and a Delay (305 ms, one repeat).

I don't recall the EQ settings I use, but those are always to taste, I suppose.

I have 4 switches on the thing: Clean, Loud Clean w/Delay, Crunch (Gain 1), and Double Crunch (Gain 1+2 and Delay).

Hannibal_Khan
12-23-2014, 12:07 PM
prs se custom 24 whale blue. Ibanez Montage
I use a Line 6 pod pro rack multi-effect processor with a Line 6 fbv shortboard. I have some other miscellaneous pedals. And a crate gx-60c amp.

Here's another song that's high on my list to learn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQc2H0IuI6U

Rostum
12-24-2014, 02:28 AM
I play guitar. I need to record more stuff (I recently got all three of Daisuke Minamizawa's Final Fantasy Guitar Solo books, so I've been busy). Here's a couple of samples:

CQ0lrMVqrXg

With my girlfriend singing:

uPzwZSVZwUg

There's more Final Fantasy songs on my channel if anyone's interested.

Bubba
12-24-2014, 09:59 AM
My SG that I use in the band

My Ukuleles that I tinkle around on at home

Couldn't find a picture of my Takamine G Series electro-acoustic but here I am putting it to use!

Spooniest
12-24-2014, 02:08 PM
My SG that I use in the band

Niiiiiice, that's the guitar I want to get, too! :D Nothing beats an SG

Bubba
12-24-2014, 02:20 PM
Niiiiiice, that's the guitar I want to get, too! :D Nothing beats an SG

It is pretty epic. I used to have a Fender Strat many moons ago but haven't changed from my SG in about 8 years. I tend to do mostly acoustic gigs on my own these days (more money for me :D) so my Takamine gets the most playtime.

Slothy
12-25-2014, 02:29 PM
I'll try to get some pics up later but I've got an Ibanez Gio and just got a Made in Mexico Telecaster for Christmas. Now if only I could actually play. :exdee:

Interestingly the Telecaster has the wrong neckplate on it. It's got a Precision bass neckplate and was registered at the factory as a precision bass and not a Tele. Found that kind of humorous.

Spooniest
12-25-2014, 02:44 PM
I'll try to get some pics up later but I've got an Ibanez Gio and just got a Made in Mexico Telecaster for Christmas. Now if only I could actually play. :exdee:

Interestingly the Telecaster has the wrong neckplate on it. It's got a Precision bass neckplate and was registered at the factory as a precision bass and not a Tele. Found that kind of humorous.

Sweet dude! Mexican Tele's are the bomb.

You mean the plate that covers the truss rod? :/ That seems odd

Slothy
12-25-2014, 02:46 PM
No, just the plate that covers the area where the neck bolts to the body. Still kind of funny though. It amuses me to know I have a rather unique tele in that regard. And for the price it was, I have to agree that Mexican Tele's are the bomb.