PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XV English Voiced Trailer

Freya
12-15-2014, 04:15 PM
61139Curious about what the Final Fantasy XV cast will sound like in English? Don't fret! We've got the new Final Fantasy XV English dubbed trailer for you!

Finally we get to hear the English voice actors for Final Fantasy XV. Currently it's on facebook only. The video is now officially on the Square Enix UK youtube account. Check it out!

eU7mDjkO1V8

You can check it out here. (https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=873028799398547) We'll keep you updated when more information is available.

What do you think of the english voices?

Jinx
12-15-2014, 04:21 PM
Prompto sounds like Tidus.

Freya
12-15-2014, 05:19 PM
There, it's finally on Youtube. SE snuck this one in. Only saw it because I was facebooking at work. Whoops

Fynn
12-15-2014, 05:20 PM
These sound really organic. I love them, but I still need to get used to them. I love how "posh" Ignis sounds :D Also, is that Steven Blum as Gladiolus?

FFFFsephychibi
12-15-2014, 05:34 PM

Was totally thinking that.

I had to listen to the trailer 4 times to get used to the voices, and honestly aside from Noctis sounding a little deeper than expected, I REALLLLY like it :)

Fox
12-15-2014, 05:44 PM
These sound really organic. I love them, but I still need to get used to them. I love how "posh" Ignis sounds :D Also, is that Steven Blum as Gladiolus?

I thought Steve Blum may have been Noctis in that actually. Although (and given how Noctis sounded, you could only say this about Steve Blum) the voice was a bit higher pitched than Blum usually does.

Freya
12-15-2014, 05:46 PM
I've seen other people discussing how it sounds like James Arnold Taylor (Tidus) but nothing is confirmed. So it could be him or it could be someone who sounds an awful lot like him! I'm sure with this out now, we'll get a cast list soon.

Jinx
12-15-2014, 05:48 PM
I'm glad it's not just me!

Hipster Username
12-15-2014, 06:25 PM
Tangible hype.

It's been a long time, indeed.

Del Murder
12-15-2014, 07:47 PM
I liked them all except for...wait for it...Noctis. :eep: Why so throaty?

Spooniest
12-15-2014, 08:05 PM
Something that video games haven't done a lot of in the past is using various shades of black, and using the color black when it would be appropriate to do so (like for a night backdrop; the go-to color filter is usually blue).

I can only speculate on why this is (probably something to do with the palette being too small on older systems), but this new trailer shows that SE have noticed the gap in the color scheme in video games, and exploited it mercilessly.

There's a lot of black. In the costumes, the backgrounds, the monsters.

46kXH6GGtT0

And also, the way the game handles lighting seems very different (and far more realistic) than in previous games. I wonder how this'll work into the battle animations?

Now that I've got all that out of the way, the voices sound good, and the characterization is subtle and effective. I like these people. I want to know where they're going, and why.

I uh...I want to play this game.

Vyk
12-15-2014, 09:42 PM
Seemed a little cartoony to me, but its hard to capture entire personalities in brief trailers and teasers. Probably just didn't grab the best examples for them. The beginning especially threw me off. But by the end of the trailer they sounded better. I'm sure I'll get used to them quickly enough when the game launches

Fynn
12-15-2014, 10:18 PM
I just can't get over how good these voices are! And for all we know Prompto could be James Arnold Taylor, but the voice directions seems to be better from FFX's by leaps and bounds. Granted, FFXII's was already that, but if it's the same actor, than the comparison is even clearer.

Mirage
12-15-2014, 10:57 PM
the voices are decent, but some of the direction is off :(

Rostum
12-15-2014, 11:17 PM
Usually English voices aren't that great, but these sound pretty good to me. Did they say we'll have dual audio for the western release? If so I'd probably just stick with Japanese.

Vyk
12-15-2014, 11:39 PM
Even these bigger budget games rarely have dual-audio for some reason. Here's hoping it becomes more of a trend this generation though. But I've heard some pretty bad Japanese voice acting in games as well, so even if the option was there, I wouldn't promise which I'd prefer

DMKA
12-16-2014, 12:43 AM
I'm in pure awe. Not because the voices sound amazing or anything, but because a portion of this game now exists in English. This game is actually being made, and is nearing it's completion. After all this time.

Do we know who the people we're hearing are yet?

Rostum
12-16-2014, 12:44 AM
Yeah true, well the English voice acting seems really decent so I'm not too fussed. :)

Ayen
12-16-2014, 12:53 AM
Voices seem to match the look of the characters all right. Not how I would have imagined Prompto's voice, but doesn't feel out of place either.

Necronopticous
12-16-2014, 01:19 AM
All I can say is that the English voice acting seems to fit right in with the rest of this package.

Hannibal_Khan
12-16-2014, 01:54 AM
I don't like the voice for Noctis :(

Noctis Caelum
12-16-2014, 04:23 AM
Disappointed that Troy Baker is not voicing them all.

fat_moogle
12-16-2014, 03:56 PM

Was totally thinking that.

I had to listen to the trailer 4 times to get used to the voices, and honestly aside from Noctis sounding a little deeper than expected, I REALLLLY like it :)
^ Exactly this. 4 times a charm xD

Kozmos
12-18-2014, 09:04 PM
It's weird.. after following this game for all these years since it's been announced, it's strange to hear the english voices coming out of the characters.

metagloria
12-18-2014, 09:13 PM
Nobody's mentioned how one dude sounds like Balthier?

One dude sounds like Balthier.

I also like the Tidus-sounding dude.

Depression Moon
12-18-2014, 11:03 PM
Sounds like typical JRPG voice acting to me.

fat_moogle
12-19-2014, 12:33 AM
Nobody's mentioned how one dude sounds like Balthier?

One dude sounds like Balthier.
Maybe we could call him... Baaaaathier? ;p

Sephiroth
12-19-2014, 01:05 AM
None of them sounds like Cloud or Tidus.

Vermachtnis
12-19-2014, 10:03 PM

Maybe that'll be a DLC. We can hope.

Loony BoB
12-22-2014, 01:16 PM
I liked them all except for...wait for it...Noctis. :eep: Why so throaty?
Likewise, this stood out for me. Really wasn't impressed, after the Japanese voice actor for him sounded pretty decent, really. This guy sounds quite far apart from him. Maybe it's just the lines they decided to showcase.

Maybe that'll be a DLC. We can hope.
I would buy this. I don't generally buy DLC at all, but I would buy this.

Del Murder
12-22-2014, 06:06 PM
In one of the other trailers Noctis sounded less throaty but still very mediocre. I like who ever landed the Balthier voice.

Depression Moon
12-22-2014, 07:27 PM
Which of these threads have the info about the new details?
Edit: Looks like no one has linked this yet, so I will?
http://gematsu.com/2014/12/final-fantasy-xv-detailed-famitsu

Laddy
01-20-2015, 07:32 PM
Nothing awful and I enjoy accents, per usual. I give it a 4/5. Functional and decently localized but still sounds like voice acting.

Is it just me or does Ignis being as posh as he is around the relatively typical American accents kinda seem out-of-place? The characters are fine on their own but I would give Ignis an upper class New England accent to make him sound the role without being so distracting of a contrast.

It's not as good as XII's, better than X's. It's about XIII quality but I'd need to see the script to confirm.