PDA

View Full Version : Things which didn't become series staples, but should have

Madame Adequate
12-16-2014, 12:36 AM
So we all know about Chocobos and Moogles and the moon often being important and so forth, but what about stuff that was in one or two games but did not go on to become regular occurrences? For example, the Hummingways in FF IV seem like exactly the kind of thing that would show up more often, but they don't (though the rabbit-varient Moogles aren't a million miles away from them).

Jinx
12-16-2014, 12:43 AM
Valefor! Kind of a one-off summon from FFX, but I loved her! She's so pretty. I wish she was incorporated more into the series. It's also really nice to have a non-elemental summon besides Bahamut.

Spooniest
12-16-2014, 01:18 AM
Elves.

They show up once and are mysteriously never heard from again, except in reference to the Dark variety, once...and I guess in the online games or something?

Why no Elves? Did they get fed up with the dwarves' shit and leave? Never commented on.

Necronopticous
12-16-2014, 01:24 AM
The thing that always comes to mind for me is the concurrent scenario chapter early in Final Fantasy VI. They never did anything like that again, and I'm not really sure why.

Pumpkin
12-16-2014, 01:47 AM
Moombas

Ayen
12-16-2014, 01:51 AM
I wouldn't have minded more multiplayer games like Final Fantasy VI and Crystal Chronicles, but I don't know if I'd want that as a staple.

Spooniest
12-16-2014, 01:57 AM
The thing that always comes to mind for me is the concurrent scenario chapter early in Final Fantasy VI. They never did anything like that again, and I'm not really sure why.

Not enough characters, I'd wager

Motdrafin
12-16-2014, 02:17 AM
FFII's "Key Word" system for conversations.

Jinx
12-16-2014, 02:45 AM
Moombas

OKAY YES THIS

Vyk
12-16-2014, 02:59 AM
Moombas

OKAY YES THIS
Came in here to mention Moombas. Though, weren't they created through some fashion that was unique to FFVIII's world. Like some weird science experiment or their form of reincarnation or something? It's been so long since I played that game, but I remember there was something fishy about their intelligence and stuff that was explained late in the game

Edit: On that note, I think it'd be nice to have more of Red XIII's race presented and explored

chionos
12-16-2014, 05:14 AM
Moombas

OKAY YES THIS
Edit: On that note, I think it'd be nice to have more of Red XIII's race presented and explored

PLEASE

Pike
12-16-2014, 05:13 PM
:colbert: I was working on an article for this.

So don't blame me if a nearly duplicate thread shows up soon :shobon: I started my article first!

That said: shoopufs

Vyk
12-16-2014, 05:16 PM
:colbert: I was working on an article for this.

So don't blame me if a nearly duplicate thread shows up soon :shobon: I started my article first!

That said: shoopufs
Well hey, maybe you forgot something, now you get content/inspiration. Also you can quote opinions from here if you want. Or whatever. Win/win or something :P

Pike
12-16-2014, 05:32 PM
Yeah I actually did end up stealing Hummingways for my article :shobon: thanks guys!

Rin Heartilly
12-16-2014, 05:49 PM
Moombas

OKAY YES THIS

YES! I came to mention moomba's too. They're so adorable :x Little fluffy orange lion thingy's >.< I still remember squealing when the young me saw the moomba's in D-District prison jump up and down saying 'Laguna! Laguna!' at Squall +____+ So cute.

chionos
12-17-2014, 01:31 AM
I can't get behind the Moomba hype. I'm glad they were a one-off, they're nowhere near as well designed as Chocobos or Moogles or whatnot.

Hipster Username
12-17-2014, 08:22 PM
Mermaids.

Undersea exploration in general, really.

Vyk
12-17-2014, 10:45 PM
Mermaids.

And faries

Final Fantasy I is a hell of a drug...

Hipster Username
12-18-2014, 05:24 AM
Isn't it fabulous?

Wolf Kanno
01-02-2015, 02:53 AM

This an the open-ended final story arc where the player determines the order of events. Secret of Mana kind of accidentally created it, VI made it a thing and Chrono Trigger showed us how it should be done. :cool:

black orb
01-02-2015, 08:31 PM
>>> MiniMogs..:luca:

SwordFox
01-02-2015, 11:39 PM
I'd like more of the little mini-games you got on the PS1/2 games. Gold Saucer, Triple Triad, Tetra Master, Blitzball, etc. I know XI had a Tetra Master game for a while before it was removed for some reason and XIV is getting a Gold Saucer and Triple Triad soon, but MMOs are meant to be social experiences to begin with. I'd like more side games within the main single player games just to help break it up a bit. I know we're meant to be saving the world and all but I think little additions like that really help involve you in a world. Getting to know what the people there do for fun and the like. It makes you feel more a part of the world you're trying to save I think.

Shlup
01-03-2015, 10:40 AM
More fat versions of things. More fat moogles and fat chocobos and fat cactaurs!

Quindiana Jones
01-04-2015, 03:41 PM
Hell yes, big things and their importance. The Fat Chocobo in IX was really cool as a spirit guide for your chocobo, and I really enjoyed the silly cactuar sidequest in XII.

I quite like the silly aspects of the series, and they usually are very well written alongside the more serious tones portrayed. The octopus recurring antagonist whose name I forget happened in the same game as the man who watched his family die in agony, and it doesn't feel weird.

Galuf
01-09-2015, 02:26 AM
Quinas race. the Qu's i mean. i dont think they were ever made again. i like quina s/he is funny. but yeah i think Qu's would be cool again

maybee
01-09-2015, 04:20 AM
Mermaids.

A Bioshock Final Fantasy/ Underwater FF 7 Reactor, Final Fantasy would be pretty neat.