PDA

View Full Version : Stupid arguments

MissH
12-16-2014, 02:37 PM
Pretty much everyone who spends a lot of time together argue, whether it's best friends,couples,siblings- it's just natural,right?!

I've had many a ridiculous argument over the years. One of THE most ridiculous happened between Bubba and I last April in Dubai.

We had a big argument over toothpaste. Yes,really. So it all started when Bubba said apparently I don't apply the toothpaste to my toothbrush correctly, meaning there was a crusty layer on the top of the toothpaste. After telling me my issues, Bubba then made me come into the bathroom to give me a lesson on how to apply toothpaste to my toothbrush. I was furious!!! That evening I then noticed Bubba had left the lid off the toothpaste. I made my point and said this is what had caused the crusty layer. The argument kinda spiralled from there!

Ooof, even thinking about it now I get irritated! Haha!! Isn't it funny?!

Have you ever had a stupid argument that has stuck in your mind?

Pumpkin
12-16-2014, 02:42 PM
Yeah, we've had some. There was one where I couldn't sleep the night before, but I did finally pass out around 6 am. We were supposed to be at our new house early to do some work on it, but sharky saw I hadn't slept well so let me sleep in. When I woke up were were pretty late so the first thing I said in a half asleep daze (since I'd still only had like 3 and a half hours of sleep) was "Why didn't you wake me up sooner?" I really wanted to get to the house early because his parents were going to be there around noon and being around people makes me super uncomfortable, especially when I'm low on energy, so if we'd gotten there sooner we could have left sooner. So I was half asleep and confused and stuff. And he flipped out because of my tone of voice and the fact that he was trying to do something nice by letting me sleep and I didn't even say good morning and stuff.

It was a long day of arguing and hurt feelings

noxious.sunshine
12-16-2014, 02:44 PM
Final Fantasy XIV

Seriously.

Jay cannot help putting his 2 cents in every 5 minutes if I'm playing & he's watching.

It's very annoying and I hate it.

He doesn't understand why I get so irritated and pissed off & then is all "FINE! I won't help you ever again!" Like a 3 year old.

...... 5 minutes later, he's doing it again. Lol

Vyk
12-16-2014, 03:36 PM
We usually have arguments about not having arguments. She's more emotional or hormonal or whatever, so weird things bother her that even she doesn't understand sometimes, but she'll get mad at something that I think is frivolous. Asking her why she's mad over it makes her even madder, so I ignore it and let her have her anger since starting an argument over it seems frivolous to me as well. But then I get in trouble for not offering a hug or something. Like you got yourself worked up over something stupid and I'm either supposed to start an argument over it for no reason, or feel sympathetic for no reason. To me a hug feels empty unless I feel it. It's not something I offer freely without feeling. So I just don't. Unless I can understand and/or relate to whatever the issue is, I just let people have their moments in peace while I keep to myself. Just who I am. And its the one thing about me she hates

Spooniest
12-16-2014, 03:40 PM
When people tell me they did things, I say "Nuh uh," "No you didn't," etc., and when they reiterate that "yes they did," I just say "Oh, ok."

I call it a micro-argument...I figure if I just do this a lot my need to argue will decrease over time

Bubba
12-16-2014, 03:58 PM
God, I remember that!

We both definitely had a case but I was very patronising to MissH and apologised for it later on. I don't think we argue that much but I suppose it's an inevitability when people are in close proximity. We are both pretty good at recognising when we've been in the wrong. Neither of us have a problem apologising which makes things a lot easier.

Chris
12-16-2014, 05:10 PM
We don't argue a lot, but when we do it's usually about music. I hate almost everything he listens to, and vice versa, so we clash on occasion.

Shauna
12-16-2014, 05:29 PM
The first proper argument that Matt and I had, like legit had to take an hour out to collect ourselves, was over a phrase. Can't remember what it was right now, but we were both raising our voices slightly over who had the phrase correct.

It was me, btw.

Shorty
12-16-2014, 05:51 PM
My sister and I argue over Tom Hardy and Channing Tatum, because one is choice and one is not.

A few months ago, I went at it with Psychotic about Tolkien's work. The amount of effort put into that argument was hilariously painful over something so trivial.

My friend Mickie and I argue over Obama and Fox news and gun laws. She calls herself a libertarian but I swear she leans further right than any libertarian I know of. That's a little more of non-stupid fights, but stupid all the same.

Psychotic
12-16-2014, 06:05 PM
A few months ago, I went at it with Psychotic about Tolkien's work. The amount of effort put into that argument was hilariously painful over something so trivial.YOU'VE NEVER READ ANY TOLKIEN YOU CAN'T COMMENT ON TOLKIEN YOU SHUT YOUR FILTHY CINNAMON EATING MOUTH ABOUT TOLKIEN :colbert:

re-ignite dat blaze :cool:

Shorty
12-16-2014, 06:06 PM
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME I'VE READ FOUR BOOKS YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT :argh:

slander and lies, I won't stand for it! :colbert:

Pike
12-16-2014, 08:22 PM
uhhhhh I think the only argument Mister Adequate and I have ever gotten into was about pepperoni vs. Hawaiian pizza and ultimately the argument only lasted about ten seconds because we both quickly agreed that both types of pizza had their merits

Ayen
12-16-2014, 08:25 PM
I get into stupid arguments with everyone.

Aulayna
12-16-2014, 08:27 PM
A few months ago, I went at it with Psychotic about Tolkien's work. The amount of effort put into that argument was hilariously painful over something so trivial.YOU'VE NEVER READ ANY TOLKIEN YOU CAN'T COMMENT ON TOLKIEN YOU SHUT YOUR FILTHY CINNAMON EATING MOUTH ABOUT TOLKIEN :colbert:

re-ignite dat blaze :cool:

720blazeitnoscopeMLGgameoftheyearedition

Madame Adequate
12-16-2014, 08:30 PM
Yeah it wasn't much of a fight because we just realized it was a slight difference in grading pizzas as follows:

Pike

Pepperoni: 1000/1000
Hawaiian: 999/1000

Mr Adequate:

Hawaiian: 1000/1000
Pepperoni 999/1000

I will say this, I can never date Shorty, her tastes are so bizarre it would lead to huge constant fights.

Aulayna
12-16-2014, 08:32 PM
Mr Adequate:

Hawaiian: 1000/1000
Pepperoni 999/1000

Unacceptable.

Madame Adequate
12-16-2014, 08:33 PM
Come over here and say that to me face, see wot comes about

(Pizza would, because we'd be hanging out and we'd get pizza from TJs, suited to our individual tastes :3:)

Madame Adequate
12-16-2014, 08:34 PM
Like for real I bet everyone is like "Wow Mr Adequate is so pussywhipped" because Pike and I always agree, but that's in reverse: We don't agree because we're together, we're together because we agree on almost every single thing, including how stupid we were to take 7 years to recognize our compatibility and get together.

Aulayna
12-16-2014, 08:35 PM
Denied.

Madame Adequate
Oh my god I just double-posted, but it's not my fault, I was expecting someone else to actually post in between my posts. You're all scum and ingrates!

Pike
Like for real I bet everyone is like "Wow Mr Adequate is so pussywhipped" because Pike and I always agree, but that's in reverse: We don't agree because we're together, we're together because we agree on almost every single thing, including how stupid we were to take 7 years to recognize our compatibility and get together.

yeah basically this. xD

Shorty
12-16-2014, 08:38 PM
I'm just here to support Auly in everything forever.

Pumpkin
12-16-2014, 08:39 PM
I like deep dish a lot, but no supreme

Thin pizza is ew ew ew ew ew

Shauna
12-16-2014, 08:40 PM
Ham&Pineapple is great.

Aulayna
12-16-2014, 08:41 PM
Denied.

you probably like something nasty like deep-dish supreme pizza, don't you :(

I don't always dish, but when I do, it is deep.

Shorty
12-16-2014, 08:44 PM
pizza is pizza nerds come on now

Aulayna
12-16-2014, 08:45 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/8/26/1314346943676/Dominos-gourmet-range-piz-007.jpg

Best pizzas EU.

Vyk
12-16-2014, 08:47 PM
I'm with Adequate and Pike. My girlfriend and I are so non-confrontational. And we express our opinions to each other and pretty easily understand each other's point of view. And while you don't have to agree, understanding is hugely important. It also helps that we're both super easy going and don't let a whole lot other than pet peeves get to us

I honestly can't think of any real big fights in my relationship other than in the beginning when we were first getting used to each other, and our attention needs were vastly different. I felt a bit smothered, so I didn't give attention much since I felt there was enough interaction going on already, and so she felt neglected

Madame Adequate
12-16-2014, 08:53 PM
Deep dish is an abomination unto the Lord and unto Pizza.

oh look WRONG AGAIN

Ayen
12-16-2014, 11:50 PM
pizza is pizza nerds come on now

Shh! While they're arguing about which pizza is better we'll eat it all.

WE'LL HAVE IT ALL!

Night Fury
12-17-2014, 01:54 AM
My pizza of choice these days is Chicken Hawaiian. Damn good.

Anyway, yeah Pheesh and I are still going strong without an argument. The only time we ever came close was because I was a mopey-pants in Melbourne and just didn't want to talk about it.

Ohhh, also I did mention this on the skype. We had a mild thing about that 'Too Many Cooks' - he just didn't understand why I wasn't rofl-ing, and I couldn't understand why he was. It ended in a tickle fight.

Spooniest
12-17-2014, 02:17 AM
Sausage and Green Pepper. :colbert:

I only like Chocolate Ice Cream, if you want to know the truth about it

chionos
12-17-2014, 02:32 AM
Final Fantasy XIV

Seriously.

Jay cannot help putting his 2 cents in every 5 minutes if I'm playing & he's watching.

It's very annoying and I hate it.

He doesn't understand why I get so irritated and pissed off & then is all "FINE! I won't help you ever again!" Like a 3 year old.

...... 5 minutes later, he's doing it again. Lol

I'm bad about that >_< I don't mean to do it, but it happens.

My sister and I argue over Tom Hardy and Channing Tatum, because one is choice and one is not.

A few months ago, I went at it with Psychotic about Tolkien's work. The amount of effort put into that argument was hilariously painful over something so trivial.

My friend Mickie and I argue over Obama and Fox news and gun laws. She calls herself a libertarian but I swear she leans further right than any libertarian I know of. That's a little more of non-stupid fights, but stupid all the same.

Tom Hardy, right?

Denied.

you probably like something nasty like deep-dish supreme pizza, don't you :(

Well it is the best pizza.

My pizza of choice these days is Chicken Hawaiian. Damn good.

Anyway, yeah Pheesh and I are still going strong without an argument. The only time we ever came close was because I was a mopey-pants in Melbourne and just didn't want to talk about it.

Ohhh, also I did mention this on the skype. We had a mild thing about that 'Too Many Cooks' - he just didn't understand why I wasn't rofl-ing, and I couldn't understand why he was. It ended in a tickle fight.

Tickling is my weapon of choice. Can fix almost any problem.

Newmani
12-17-2014, 02:38 AM
I'm not one to get into arguments, as I don't talk much. But my brother has the innate ability to get angry and argue about anything. Wood, having to do dishes or any kind of chore...

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-17-2014, 02:56 AM
I honestly don't really care enough about shit to maintain an argument.

Shauna
12-17-2014, 05:44 PM

That is the only way arguments should end, in the ultimate showdown of tickles.

Shorty
12-17-2014, 05:49 PM

That is the only way arguments should end, in the ultimate showdown of tickles.

I always win in tickle thunderdomes because my flailing limbs become weapons of mass destruction.

Lonely Paper Star
12-17-2014, 05:58 PM
My main stupid arguments usually happen between me and the friends I play video games with. They can be frustrating dudes. :lol:

Sometimes my best friend and I get into dumb arguments, too. But of course, I'm always right.

Madame Adequate
12-17-2014, 06:04 PM
Yeah, tickling is a sure way to solve problems! If girls don't like it, why do they laugh so much when you do it?

Shorty
12-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Who's laughing? I emit screams of bloody murder!

Madame Adequate
12-17-2014, 06:15 PM
Peals of raucous laughter, I tell you!

Vyk
12-17-2014, 10:52 PM
My girlfriend hates that I'm not really ticklish. Though honestly I am ticklish. Just a little. But not enough to force a reaction out of me. It's a response I can easily ignore. Somehow. She doesn't get it, because she's so ticklish all I have to do is hold my fingers over a ticklish area

So I don't partake of ticke wars, I have an unfair advantage :(

Spooniest
12-18-2014, 03:38 PM
O_O

Don't tickle me.

I was born with the peculiar trait of being ticklish absolutely anywhere. :| I hate tickle wars

sharkythesharkdogg
12-18-2014, 06:06 PM
I have become less ticklish as life continues to wear me down.

It's all part of my ongoing development into a miserable curmudgeon.