PDA

View Full Version : How often would you kick a cat if every time you kicked it, it pooped out a diamond?

Loony BoB
12-16-2014, 02:57 PM
This is a legitimate conversation that popped up today at work. Well, a guy got hurt and said every time he does a certain movement he makes a sound like an injured cat crapping out a diamond, and it all went from there.

Regardlesss, how often would you kick a cat if every time you kicked it, it pooped out a diamond?

Psychotic
12-16-2014, 02:59 PM
Fetch me smitzy, it's time for a penalty shoot out!

Pumpkin
12-16-2014, 03:00 PM
None

Reminds me of this:

LJQ-LZYAMBQ

Bubba
12-16-2014, 03:17 PM
Now how hard are we talking for a kick in order for a diamond to be produced? If it did no lasting damage then I'd be tempted to say quite a few times.

Also, it would depend entirely on the quality of the diamond. If we are talking mega-bucks blood diamond standard then that cat would take a licking as I'd just keep on kicking.

Quindiana Jones
12-16-2014, 03:22 PM
If it's a specific cat that exclusively has this ability and I own the cat and nobody else knows about the ability, a lot. If, like, every cat pooped out a diamond when kicked, then I guarantee the value of diamonds will plummet to slightly below the value of belly button fluff within three hours of the discovery of such a phenomenon. In such a case, never. Unless it was a cat I disliked.

Loony BoB
12-16-2014, 03:33 PM
We're talking bruising here, but just shy of breaking bones kicking. And yes, high quality diamonds, blood diamond standard. The harder you kick, the bigger the diamond. We're getting to broken bones if you're not careful, and you don't want a dead diamond-pooping cat, so you'll have to be very careful with how you manage that, should you opt to get kicking. And it is only this cat that has this ability. It's a rather unique cat.

EDIT: A brief discussion with my colleagues and I've now edited this to include the idea that harder kicks will produce bigger diamonds.

Bubba
12-16-2014, 04:03 PM
You would need to measure the kicks quite carefully then. I mean damn, if I don't get a blood diamond every time then I'll be upset.

Also, what kind of temperament does this cat have? Is it a cat that doesn't mind being kicked pretty hard or does it cower and squeal in pain? If it's the latter then the guilt factor could play a big part.

Also, can we provide the cat with padding to minimise damage yet still have maximum productivity?

Pike
12-16-2014, 04:05 PM
I don't like this thread :(

Old Manus
12-16-2014, 04:21 PM
Only if it's Cat Deeley.

Aulayna
12-16-2014, 04:28 PM
This is a legitimate conversation that popped up today at work.

Code for "I made this up just now and thought it'd be a great troll."

Bubba
12-16-2014, 04:28 PM
You would need to measure the kicks quite carefully then. I mean damn, if I don't get a blood diamond every time then I'll be upset.

Also, what kind of temperament does this cat have? Is it a cat that doesn't mind being kicked pretty hard or does it cower and squeal in pain? If it's the latter then the guilt factor could play a big part.

Don't forget that an angry, mean cat might attack you if you kick it. I mean, getting a blood diamond might be worth some bites and scratches, but it's still a deterrent.

This can easily be rectified by wearing padding yourself. I'm guessing we wouldn't need to be constantly kicking this cat so we wouldn't need to wear protection all the time. Still, a blood diamond would enable you to buy the highest quality padding for both you and the cat.

I would definitely treat the cat with comfortable housing, lots of gifts, plenty of grooming, other whore cats so it could satisfy its desires. It would just be that 1% of the time where it gets a bit of a kicking to put up with. This maybe slightly confusing for the cat but at least it lives the life of riley for the rest of the time. Most cats would give their right paw for this lifestyle.

Also, does the cat poop normally all the rest of the time?

Shorty
12-16-2014, 04:34 PM
Diamonds are a dime a dozen these days. I'd rather go to the Crater of Diamonds state park (https://roadtrippers.com/blog/everyones-finding-diamonds-at-this-state-parkfor-reals); would be more fun and less guilt-inducing than kicking a cat!

Ergroilnin
12-16-2014, 04:36 PM
Poor cat wouldn't make it past two minutes of me discovering it's possibilities I am afraid.

Madame Adequate
12-16-2014, 07:29 PM
No times, I like cats.

However, life with cats does mean you occasionally walk into them in the dark, so I'd probably still make some money.

Mirage
12-17-2014, 12:03 AM
No thanks. Gold is easier to sell and I don't really like dogs.

krissy
12-17-2014, 03:54 AM
sixty nine times

https://33.media.tumblr.com/9a73433e19f27be8c1747ab0ca50d6e5/tumblr_ndzcj69GJ81qk4s2co1_500.jpg

Quindiana Jones
12-18-2014, 02:33 AM
Small kicks for small diamonds would be fine. I don't want to look like a criminal.

Sephex
12-18-2014, 02:51 AM
Name the cat Pink Floyd. Kick it. Say, "Shine on you crazy diamond." Become jokester of the year.

krissy
12-18-2014, 02:55 AM
air kick the cat and name it lucy

lucy in the sky with diamonds?

Sephex
12-18-2014, 03:12 AM
That could backfire because a cat named Lucy wI'll try to dodge you and make you look like Charlie Brown.

escobert
12-18-2014, 03:43 AM
Is it my kitty or a random kitty?

blackmage_nuke
12-18-2014, 04:05 AM
If this cat is making matter from nothing first I'd have to build particle and energy detectors to observe how the diamonds are entering our universe and hopefully use this information to develop wormholes or at the very least use it's to create some kind of perpetual motion machine whereby the cat is kept at a high altitude, a wheel of boots is spun to kick it and the diamonds drop onto a turbine which powers the wheel. (assuming that the cat requires a regular diet)

The cat would be heavily sedated and hopefully we could clone or breed it to get several cats going.

If this will be the only cat ever that will do this we will need to observe it's ability to compress matter into a diamond biologically without enourmous amounts of energy so we might be able to reproduce it. We can only do that by kicking it.

Loony BoB
12-18-2014, 02:11 PM
nuke: I'm gonna go with 'magic'.

blackmage_nuke
12-18-2014, 02:26 PM
Well then at the very least I hope I can produce enough diamonds with my perpetual cat kicking machine to kill the whole engagement ring business/scam as well as hopefully destroying trade of blood diamonds and sparing some human lives for the suffering of a cat.

Quindiana Jones
12-18-2014, 02:32 PM
nuke: I'm gonna go with 'magic'.

If you'd've told me this was a farce from the get go, then I wouldn't have bloody bothered.

Loony BoB
12-18-2014, 02:38 PM
How dare you say magic is a farce. I've seen it in video games therefore it must be real.

Bubba
12-18-2014, 03:05 PM
I love how detailed nuke's thought process is.