PDA

View Full Version : Help me game people!

Pumpkin
12-16-2014, 08:53 PM
I've played a bunch of more difficult games in a row lately so now I want something easier. Which of these games is the easiest?

Dawn of Mana
Disgaea (I've heard this one is very much not so)
Dragon Quest VIII
Hyper Dimesnsion Neptunia Victory
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Phantom Brave
Rune Factory 3
Tales of Vesperia
Tales of Legendia

Thank you :jess:

Pike
12-16-2014, 08:57 PM
uhhh I haven't played any of those. Sorry to not be of any help!

Pumpkin
12-16-2014, 08:57 PM
How could you :nonono:

Pike
12-16-2014, 08:59 PM
because those all sound like JRPGs and the only JRPGs I play are Final Fantasy and Pokemon :shobon:

Masamunemaster
12-17-2014, 04:25 AM
Dragon quest viii starts out pretty easy then gets a hard real fast right before late game.

Twilight princess it's a great game period, I would recommend you play that:)

Rez09
12-17-2014, 04:33 AM
Phantom Brave is EXTREMELY easy once you understand some very basic concepts like Failure Fusion and Failure Dungeons-- you'll bulldoze most maps with no problems once you get that down, and it is very, very easy to get down.

Colonel Angus
12-17-2014, 05:12 AM
DQVIII is awesome, play that one!

Skyblade
12-17-2014, 06:39 AM
Rune Factory 3

You probably knew I'd vote for that one, since I love it so much. But let me explain.

Like the whole series, Rune Factory 3 follows in the basic format of Harvest Moon. Progression through the dungeons is largely left up to you, but everything you do in the game makes you stronger. You walk around? You get skill points. You sleep? You get skill points. You find items on the ground? You farm? You get hit by enemies? More skill points. Each skill point translates into a handful of stats. So if a dungeon is ever too hard? Just do more stuff around your farm, and you'll be stronger.

There's also a really excellent crafting system that lets you hone and adjust your gear as you go. And farming again plays into this, as several items will use crops as materials.

I only had a few sections that seemed hard (and I was playing on Hard Mode), but you never feel stuck. Because there's so much more to the game than just the combat. Just talk to a few more people, participate in some more festivals, expand your house and fields, etcetera. You continue the gameplay, and you'll be stronger when you go back to the dungeons. The only difficulty is in the combat, but it is such a small fragment of the game that you can progress the combat completely at your own pace.

And maybe people will be more interested in your LP of it than they were of mine.

Vyk
12-17-2014, 06:50 AM
All I can say is Disgaea is not easy. Unless you enjoy tedium, because you can fight hundreds of battles, for dozens of reasons unrelated to the story, and power level your characters. But there's a reason people who beat it have put 2 - 300 hours into those games. That sort of tedium takes forever. You can level up your weapons by fighting battles inside of them. But you can only leave the weapon after every 10 fights. So you're committing to at least 10 fights. And that sort of thing completely turned me off. Not to mention, they needlessly complicate a tactical rpg with color coding the battle squares. Like its not enough to just go in and do a strategy. You have to execute that strategy on the green squares, or hit a button that makes all the green ones turn red, and don't attack until all the enemies are standing on those red tiles and AHH! I'm having flashbacks! ... I wanted to like that series so badly too..

Rez, are you sure Phanom Brave is easy? It's made by the same company. And if it IS easy, is it tedious? lol Outside of La Pucelle Tactics, I never tried any of their other series, because Disgaea turned me off so badly, and La Pucelle Tactics was exactly the same thing, so I just assumed that was their thing

Mirage
12-17-2014, 09:57 AM
Disgaea isn't hard if you just stick to the story stuff. It's the stuff after that that's time consuming.

Pumpkin
12-17-2014, 03:44 PM
I liked La Pucelle Tactics, and while I didn't find it easy, I didn't find it hard either. I only briefly played Disgaea and Phantom Brave and I remember nothing about Phantom Brave but I do remember in Disgaea I couldn't even beat the first boss. Could just have been the wrong mind frame at the time though

I could play Rune Factory 3 on my DS and another console game, like DQVIII. I'm a bit worried about the hard parts though because I'm ready for just a relaxing, easy game

Rez09
12-21-2014, 12:09 AM
Rez, are you sure Phanom Brave is easy? It's made by the same company. And if it IS easy, is it tedious? lol Outside of La Pucelle Tactics, I never tried any of their other series, because Disgaea turned me off so badly, and La Pucelle Tactics was exactly the same thing, so I just assumed that was their thing

The tedious grind fest is real in every NIS title I've played, sadly. Fortunately, however, Phantom Brave is one of the rare cases where both the combat and leveling systems are fairly fast, allowing one to grind up to mid-post-game content with very little effort or time, provided you understand the 'title' system -- particularly the value of the 'failure' title. I doubt more than two hours of grinding would be required to walk through the main story.

Vyk
12-21-2014, 06:49 AM
I guess part of me equates the mindless grind to difficulty, since it's required, or the game is hard if you just try to walk through. I honestly can't remember if I actually had any difficulty with Disgaea, now that I think about it. The grind was just a huge turn-off. It did have a nice Tsunami Bomb song in it though lol

Polnareff
12-22-2014, 04:51 AM
Rune Factory 3 is definitely the easiest game on that list. Nothing hard about it at all other than knowing where certain buildings/people are in the town sometimes.

Disgaea has artificial difficulty (due to needing to level up, and even during the story, you still need to level grind pretty high to beat it), Dawn of Mana's difficulty comes with the whip controls and the level resets (still not THAT hard), the Tales games can be hard sometimes, DQVIII can be broken in half and made your bitch by mid-game, but that is like 30 hours in, Phantom Brave seems pretty hard until you figure out the system, and HNV is mostly easy, but won't beat RF3 in easiness. Twilight Princess being easy depends on previous experience with Zelda games.