PDA

View Full Version : The dog breed argument thread

Jinx
12-16-2014, 09:03 PM
Yorkies and Daschunds are the ugliest.

Also Dashunds get extra suck points because they are literally the worst smelling dogs. I can't...I can't even name what they smell like, but every single one of them has the same ungodly stink.

Pike
12-16-2014, 09:04 PM
um no, the stinkiest dogs in the entire world are shih tzus

my mom has one and you can smell it a mile away

If you give it a bath the smell will go away for like an hour, but then it comes back

Madame Adequate
12-16-2014, 09:06 PM
Yeah that dog is one smelly little homie

Best dogs are big derpy ones tho

Ergroilnin
12-16-2014, 09:08 PM
Okay now without the hate. If you honestly don't like yorkies (haha who are you kidding...), what dog breeds do you actually like I wonder?

Psychotic
12-16-2014, 09:13 PM
I have never seen a Jindo that doesn't look like a hideous drooling monstrosity. :barf:

Sephex
12-16-2014, 09:59 PM
I'm not a big fan of small dogs in general because in my experience they are the most misbehaved and loudest. They seriously NEVER. STOP. BARKING. Medium or large sized dogs tend to be more chill, and when it comes to dogs, I like them when they are more relaxed and don't feel the need to bark every half second.

Pumpkin
12-16-2014, 10:17 PM
I like dogs

My favourite breed that I have always wanted is Doberman. Doubt I'll ever get one though :<

escobert
12-16-2014, 10:29 PM
Border Collies are best. Newfies are cool too except the drool. Huskies are cool. I don't like little dogs except my moms lhasa apso.

I'm more of a cat person but, I will probably be getting a Border Collie this coming spring for Sheep herding.

Shorty
12-16-2014, 10:53 PM
I don't like small dogs, but I would give my foot for a french bulldog. Holy hell those things are cute. Especially how they can't bark like "real dogs".

http://ennouin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/black-and-white-french-bulldog-puppy-quality-jet-black-french--photos.jpg

http://media3.popsugar-assets.com/files/2010/08/32/0/192/1922243/IMG_0676_0.xxxlarge.jpg

I want a black one and I want to name it Bane :jess:

Ayen
12-16-2014, 11:14 PM
I have a soft spot for the Golden Retriever.

Pike
12-16-2014, 11:35 PM
I'm really torn on Frenchies.

On the one hand, they're super cute and adorable.

On the other hand, they cannot breed or give birth naturally due to their unusual shape, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. :(

Crop
12-16-2014, 11:42 PM
The best breed is a mixed breed.

Mirage
12-17-2014, 12:27 AM
That's Dachshund. In either case, I'm not really a dog person so I don't know a lot about what's what, but small dogs are generally really annoying. They look dumb too. And I've heard they've got lots of health problems.

Newmani
12-17-2014, 12:48 AM
I love big dogs but my favorites are Afgan Hounds and German Shepherds. I've never had an Afgan Hound but I'd love to have one, and I've grown up around German Shepherds. I have an older one named Daisy, and my uncle has two that are police dogs: Dasty and Ice. Dasty in particular likes to wander over to my house and bum weenies off me. They're really smart and really loyal, and they love hugs. I also like poodles and Collies. I actally used to have an old poodle named Bingo, but he died of old age years ago. He was extremely smart, and could even talk.

escobert
12-17-2014, 12:50 AM
I love big dogs but my favorites are Afgan Hounds and German Shepherds. I've never had an Afgan Hound but I'd love to have one, and I've grown up around German Shepherds. I have an older one named Daisy, and my uncle has two that are police dogs: Dasty and Ice. Dasty in particular likes to wander over to my house and bum weenies off me. They're really smart and really loyal, and they love hugs. I also like Poodles and Collies. I actally used to have an old poodle named Bingo, but he died of old age years ago. He was extremely smart, and could even talk.

I've always wondered how German Shepherd herding abilities were? any idea? they're beautiful dogs so if they could herd sheep I'd totally get one.

Night Fury
12-17-2014, 01:21 AM
I love big dogs but my favorites are Afgan Hounds and German Shepherds. I've never had an Afgan Hound but I'd love to have one, and I've grown up around German Shepherds. I have an older one named Daisy, and my uncle has two that are police dogs: Dasty and Ice. Dasty in particular likes to wander over to my house and bum weenies off me. They're really smart and really loyal, and they love hugs. I also like Poodles and Collies. I actally used to have an old poodle named Bingo, but he died of old age years ago. He was extremely smart, and could even talk.

I've always wondered how German Shepherd herding abilities were? any idea? they're beautiful dogs so if they could herd sheep I'd totally get one.

Train a GSD right and he'll be the best dog in the world. They are fantastic working dogs, they can herd, guard, sniff out... great all rounders, honestly. GSDs can be hard to train though if you're not experienced with dog, if that's the case I'd be more inclined to get a collie of some kind as they're a little easier to train.

escobert
12-17-2014, 02:05 AM

Train a GSD right and he'll be the best dog in the world. They are fantastic working dogs, they can herd, guard, sniff out... great all rounders, honestly. GSDs can be hard to train though if you're not experienced with dog, if that's the case I'd be more inclined to get a collie of some kind as they're a little easier to train.

I kinda had that feeling, that since they're a working dog they'd probably be able to be trained at it. My only issue with border collies is their herding instinct is so strong they can have issues with kids and get aggressive with them when they aren't able to herd them. I guess Australian shepherds are better with kids.

I'd like to get something I could try and do sheep trials with :D

Night Fury
12-17-2014, 02:10 AM
You could also try a rough collie (aka - a Lassie!)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/Rough_Collie_600.jpg

Very good with kids as they're such gentle dogs! If it's your first time training for herding, I'd definitely get a collie of some kind. GSDs CAN be a handful because of their guardy nature, they need someone with a firm hand who is going to be the pack leader.

escobert
12-17-2014, 02:13 AM
You could also try a rough collie (aka - a Lassie!)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/Rough_Collie_600.jpg

Very good with kids as they're such gentle dogs! If it's your first time training for herding, I'd definitely get a collie of some kind. GSDs CAN be a handful because of their guardy nature, they need someone with a firm hand who is going to be the pack leader.

good thought! they're good with kitties too!

Shorty
12-17-2014, 02:13 AM
Maybe I'm a dumb, but was does the D is GSD stand for?

"Good sheep dog" is what I would guess. Or "German Shepherd dog", though I don't know why the D!

Night Fury
12-17-2014, 02:14 AM
German Shepard Dog, yes. They're just abbreviated like that for some reason hehe!

Also, another problem with getting a GSD these days is to be super careful you don't get one with a poor old roach back otherwise you're looking at a chance of severe early arthritis. Get one with a straight back from a good breeder!

http://www.weisse-agram.com/album/Dent/slides/gsd%2044%20(2).jpg

See how his back slopes down? It should be avoided when getting a puppy. Make sure both parents have straight backs and ask about the grandparents too!

Shiny
12-17-2014, 04:14 AM
This thread is a lie. All dog breeds are God tier. Anyone who loves all dogs would know this.

noxious.sunshine
12-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Boxers & Newfs are the best, IMO

I grew up with boxers and had a Newf mix for 15 years. He was my world. I still get choked up thinking about him cuz I miss him so much & he was just that amazing.

I hate yorkies. I think they're presh, but they're hard as fuck to train. My mom bought one on a whim and a year later, the damn thing got out of his halter, ran into the street, and got hit by a car in front of my mom. And died.

I also love poodles. My Maximus Percival was a 5.5 lb half teacup, half tiny toy mix. Omg I was in love with him. He was my baby. I made the mistake of taking him everywhere with me and never leaving him alone, so when I started college, he had terrible separation anxiety... But he was so sweet and so funny. I miss him ;_;

But boxers, man. I'm so lucky to have an awesome bf that buys me things. Penny is gorgeous, even though she's a brat. She's actually bonded more with Jay than me, and that kind of makes me sad, but I figure it's because he's a dude and she's a female. She's in love with him though. As soon as he comes home from school, she's all over him and gives him a 20 minute full on bath on his head. It's so cute.

Bubba
12-17-2014, 11:32 AM
The best breed of dog is whichever one I'm stroking.

Shorty
12-17-2014, 05:26 PM
Boxers & Newfs are the best, IMO

I grew up with boxers and had a Newf mix for 15 years. He was my world. I still get choked up thinking about him cuz I miss him so much & he was just that amazing.

I hate yorkies. I think they're presh, but they're hard as smurf to train. My mom bought one on a whim and a year later, the damn thing got out of his halter, ran into the street, and got hit by a car in front of my mom. And died.

I also love poodles. My Maximus Percival was a 5.5 lb half teacup, half tiny toy mix. Omg I was in love with him. He was my baby. I made the mistake of taking him everywhere with me and never leaving him alone, so when I started college, he had terrible separation anxiety... But he was so sweet and so funny. I miss him ;_;

But boxers, man. I'm so lucky to have an awesome bf that buys me things. Penny is gorgeous, even though she's a brat. She's actually bonded more with Jay than me, and that kind of makes me sad, but I figure it's because he's a dude and she's a female. She's in love with him though. As soon as he comes home from school, she's all over him and gives him a 20 minute full on bath on his head. It's so cute.

Poodles are some of the god damn smartest smurfing dogs I have ever encountered. To any infuriatingly annoying level. Growing up, my best friend family's had three of them. It was always The Poodles vs. The Kids, and SPOILER ALERT the poodles always won.

edit: oh you meant toy poodles, those things are little trouts

Freya
12-17-2014, 05:40 PM
I've had so many breeds of dogs it's ridiculous. My favorite are the Australian shepards. Mini Aussies are adorable too, my mom has one of those right now and it's so cute but so spunky.

My current pups are Labrador/German Shepard mixes. I don't have a recent picture as they are both about 50 lbs now but here's when they were puppies! They look more lab than anything. Their noses are thinner like a German Shepard as well as their hips. Our female's tail curls up as well. Otherwise they just look like black labs!

http://photos-b.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t51.2885-15/927139_863804850310433_1279506664_n.jpg

This is the second time i've had a lab. I love the breed. They are silly, loyal, and they love fetching sticks.

I am not a fan of terriers though. My parents have one and while I love her, I also hate her. She's super agressive. She's like a foot tall but dang that is not a good dog to socialize with others.

I also don't tend to like Pomeranian either. My sister had one and he was such a little trout. The various i've encountered have been that way too.

Now boyfriend's grandma just got a pomweenie. Cutest smurfing thing ever.