PDA

View Full Version : Pepper

Pike
12-16-2014, 11:44 PM
I like to season my vegetables with black pepper. Other people I know don't like it.

Where do you stand on pepper?

Ayen
12-16-2014, 11:45 PM
Rarely use it. I can't even remember if I used it on anything. I devour my food before my taste buds can kick in.

Me: Ooh, pickles!
Person: That's not a pickle.
Me: AHHHHHHHH! MY MOUTH!

noxious.sunshine
12-16-2014, 11:56 PM
I use pepper on everything. It's a staple.

I also really love white pepper, lemon pepper, and the pepper grinders with mixed peppercorns- black, green, white, etc

Colonel Angus
12-17-2014, 12:00 AM
I LOVE black pepper. When my mom makes her chicken soup, I always tell her to be sure to put enough pepper. The more, the better. :love:

Pumpkin
12-17-2014, 12:34 AM
I'll use it sometimes if something is bland, or cooking certain dishes. I never add pepper to anything at a restaurant

Shorty
12-17-2014, 12:42 AM
Philip became so mad at me when I "overpeppered" the mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. I barely put any pepper on them and he was a priss about it :colbert:

I put pepper on everything. As I do with salt. My grandfather used to dump pepper into his hand and eat it to shock the hell out of us kids when we were little. It worked. :stare:

Mirage
12-17-2014, 12:46 AM
I season my vegetables with Dr Pepper.

I Took the Red Pill
12-17-2014, 01:17 AM
Pepper is great. I was staying in Kampot, Cambodia, a very small town famous within the country for its pepper. The place I was staying had a vanilla ice cream into which they had worked some Kampot black pepper. It was then served with a mango and/or pineapple sorbet. Sounds weird but the spiciness of the pepper, the smoothness of the vanilla, and the tartness of the sorbet combined to make a full-blown flavor jamboree in my mouth. I really miss it thinking about it now, actually.

Newmani
12-17-2014, 01:42 AM
Pepper's good but if you put too much in you can't taste stuff right for some time after. I had that problem with a sandwich I got from Subway; the steak was fine but the roast beef had way too much pepper and I had to throw that portion away.

Shauna
12-17-2014, 06:06 PM
Not the biggest fan. A little bit is okay, but I find it quite overbearing if there's too much.

sharkythesharkdogg
12-18-2014, 09:43 PM
I enjoy black pepper on my vegetables. I use pepper on lots of things actually.

Pepper is great. I was staying in Kampot, Cambodia, a very small town famous within the country for its pepper. The place I was staying had a vanilla ice cream into which they had worked some Kampot black pepper. It was then served with a mango and/or pineapple sorbet. Sounds weird but the spiciness of the pepper, the smoothness of the vanilla, and the tartness of the sorbet combined to make a full-blown flavor jamboree in my mouth. I really miss it thinking about it now, actually.

That sounds really interesting, and I'm a little sad that there's basically no chance I'll ever get to try it. :(

Sephex
12-19-2014, 05:56 AM
I like black and red pepper. Not many people feel like me, and my heart feels lonely. Perhaps I should start a club.

Bubba
12-19-2014, 10:20 AM
I actually prefer black pepper to salt. This may sound like crazy talk but what can I say? I'm pretty fucking crazy.