PDA

View Full Version : This isn't just any Christmas card...

Aulayna
12-17-2014, 01:33 AM
...this is a card made from the most finest of succulent pine trees, smothered in layers of cinamon, this is M&S...

So I got some mail at work today. Mail I wasn't really expecting. Mail that made me happy.

At first I thought it was a bill of some sort, because I definitely hadn't ordered anything lately so I could only assume it was late FedEx charges or something. But no!

It was this:

Oh wow Auly, it's a Christmas card. Big smurfin' deal I hear you say!

Well it was a bit of a big deal to me. As many of you know due to my personal situation, I don't really tend to have the most traditional of Christmases and don't really get much in the way of gifts etc.

So who was this card from you wonder?

(sorry I realise the quality of this is super blurry but I'm far too lazy to take another photo)

Locky, whateverthefuckPhilsnameisthesedays, BoB, Smitten, shion, Psychotic, The Man, Bubba and Rantz!

I literally squee'd a little bit at work when I got this. So the cover is Rapunzel with her hair done up like a Christmas tree, and the back is what I can only assume is me and my home girl Tara.

So yes while I may be a bit sardonic from time to time, deep down inside I am a big softy really!

I just wanted to share this and say thank you! A most unexpected but thoughtful and touching surprise! Made my day!

I had a grin bigger than the Cheshire Cat!

Ayen
12-17-2014, 01:37 AM
Awesome Christmas card is awesome.

Pike
12-17-2014, 01:59 AM
oh wow I had no idea about this! I wish I was in on it and could've given it to you too! :( But still that's super awesome! :heart:

Night Fury
12-17-2014, 02:14 AM
I wanted to get lots of people involved, so many so that I kind of like, forgot to send out the 'hey ya wanna be part of this?!' to quite a lot of people xD. Like, a brain fart thing or something hehe!!

I'm glad it finally got to you Auly! I was starting to worry! :heart:

Pumpkin
12-17-2014, 02:16 AM
:jess: Merry Christmas!!

Shorty
12-17-2014, 04:20 AM
What a kind and thoughtful card! :love:

Calliope
12-17-2014, 07:44 AM
That's really cool. Great work, team!

Psychotic
12-17-2014, 08:22 AM
A gigantic pile of props to Tara for such a lovely idea and organising it and basically doing everything. She is a gem! It's great that it has made your day :)

Bubba
12-17-2014, 03:48 PM
You are most welcome :D

I just want to echo Paul and say props to Locky for a great idea!

Merry Smurfing Christmas!

Shauna
12-17-2014, 06:23 PM
Aww, that's wonderful, guys. Glad it made your day! :D

Oh man I remember getting that PM now I need to stop reading PMs first thing in the damn morning xD