PDA

View Full Version : Do you regularly watch TV?

Pike
12-29-2014, 05:01 PM
Are you a couch potato?

Ayen
12-29-2014, 05:09 PM
I'll sometime turn it on to have something running behind me, but I don't watch TV nearly as much as I used to. Most new shows that are on TV these days just don't interest me.

Aulayna
12-29-2014, 05:10 PM
Just Netflix really, even then not very often. Saying that I watch a lot of random trout on YouTube

Shorty
12-29-2014, 05:36 PM
I have Netflix on Parks and Rec on constantly while I am working from my bed. Yes.

Pumpkin
12-29-2014, 05:38 PM
Netflix. Much cheaper than cable and no commercials. Most TV time is spent on video games, though

Night Fury
12-29-2014, 05:52 PM
Aussie TV kind of sucks, so no. Unless there's something on like My Kitchen Rules - even then that's all we'll watch on the TV.

Pheesh and I tend to just watch an episode or two of a show we have downloaded every night - so we barely even watch lots back to back.

Vermachtnis
12-29-2014, 06:00 PM
Just Netflix and Hulu. I haven't watched actual cable in over five years.

Yellow_Magic
12-29-2014, 06:16 PM
Netflix, although honestly I only got an account for Bojack Horseman. The only TV shows I watch these days are anime *otaku4lyfe*

theundeadhero
12-29-2014, 06:21 PM
I might watch something on netflix once or twice a month. That's about it.

Mirage
12-29-2014, 06:33 PM
The only times I watch TV is when I can't be assed to make an active decision on what to watch on netflix. If I put on TV on my TV, it's most likely because I want to have something on while I do other things. I rarely pay full attention to TV programs when they're on, or sometimes it might be because I don't have enough hands to play games while doing other stuff like preparing food.

You might be able to catch me actually paying attention to space-stuff programs on discovery or something.

e;
I wonder if actual TV broadcasts will even exist after our parents' generation is gone.

Spooniest
12-29-2014, 06:42 PM
If networks would broadcast shows that I wanted to watch, then I'd watch network TV.

Mirage
12-29-2014, 07:04 PM
But only because they didn't offer the same shows on-demand through the internet, right?

Sephex
12-30-2014, 04:18 AM
At my own place I do not have cable. I just use the internet to stream stuff when I feel like watching stuff. I'll watch the NFL at mainly my parent's house in terms of sports because I rather be with people when I watching something like that, anyway.

As it is, I don't watch too much TV. I just don't have that much time to blow through dozens of shows, and most of the top tier ones have been spoiled for me anyway, so I don't really care to watch it. Plus, I can't really binge watch, Like yeah, I could go for two or three hours easy, but past that is pushing it and makes me feel like crap. I have no idea how A) So many people do that and B) How most people who do that are in better shape than me. Where do people get all this free time? TELL ME YOUR SECRETS!!! OH SHIT THEY'RE COMING! THEY'RE AT THE DOOR AN

Colonel Angus
12-30-2014, 04:21 AM
I have my regular shows that I watch. There's at least one or two shows most nights of the week.

Vyk
12-30-2014, 04:29 AM
I haven't had cable for years. And I am one of those people who get really uncomfortable having to sit through more than about 10 - 15 seconds of commercials. So even YouTube irritates me some nights. That being said, I do have Netflix (I'd probably have Hulu if the subscription fee would remove commercials, but alas no). Although Netflix is mostly useless to me. I watch random things here and there. Mostly documentaries. But only once or twice a month. I spend most of my viewing time in front of YouTube. Though my girlfriend enjoys Netflix. But also not for the intended purpose. She just puts on things like American Dad or Family Guy when she takes naps or wants background noise while drawing or cleaning. I'm more picky about shows than I am about games. I just don't get the sensation they're stimulating my brain as much as games, internetting, and YouTubing does for some reason. Probably irrational. But its how my brain works. I just feel like I'm wasting time watching a show when I could be getting some laughs on YouTube or playing through a good story in a game. Or seeing what you folks are up to a few times a day

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-30-2014, 06:01 AM
I voted that I pretty much only use Netflix.

The only time I watch cable tv is when I'm watching football. Or occasionally I put on Comedy Central and go to sleep watching South Park or Family Guy or whatever.

Bubba
12-30-2014, 11:48 AM
MissH and I just tend to watch repeats of QI and Mock the Week on Dave at night time. That and any football that might be on. Other than that I don't really watch much on TV. I can't stand waiting a full week to see the next episode of a series.

All hail Netflix and Video Games.

sharkythesharkdogg
12-30-2014, 12:21 PM
I spend way too much of my free time either playing video games or watching something on Netflix. No cable TV. I drives me crazy with the commercials.

Loony BoB
12-30-2014, 01:50 PM
It goes up and down a lot. I try to watch as many United games as I can. If I am advised in advance about an All Blacks game I'll probably watch that too, same with Black Caps. I keep up with certain TV series like Game of Thrones. Others I download/record and watch later when I feel like it.

Other than that... comedy, comedy and more comedy. It's a good way to unwind at the end of a workday, just before bed.

The Man
12-30-2014, 03:23 PM
There are several TV shows I follow regularly. TV is in a bit of a golden age if you ask me.

Vyk
12-30-2014, 07:38 PM
Oh yeah. When I do get into a series, I loathe the waiting game. I'm alright with not marathoning completely. But waiting a week for a single episode is ridiculous. I honestly would rather wait out the entire season of something and then watch it at my leisure

Shoeberto
12-30-2014, 10:55 PM
Oh yeah. When I do get into a series, I loathe the waiting game. I'm alright with not marathoning completely. But waiting a week for a single episode is ridiculous. I honestly would rather wait out the entire season of something and then watch it at my leisure
I just watched s1-s6 of Mad Men last year, and waiting for s7 as it premiered week-by-week was painful... even more so when it ended up being split into two halves, with a full year in between. There's a lot to be said for momentum. I'm watching Breaking Bad now, and I couldn't imagine watching it over years, given how intricately connected the story is.

Though I suppose it'd also feel good to be part of the shared cultural experience, waiting for it to air episode-by-episode. I dunno. I prefer the Netflix model.

I watch more TV than I did before I met my wife, just because we share a small handful of shows, but in general I'm not a huge TV guy.

DMKA
12-30-2014, 11:00 PM
I almost never watch television. Nearly 100% of the time my set is turned on, a video game is being played on it.

On the rare (and I mean rare) occasion that a television series catches my attention, I just torrent it and watch it on my computer/phone.

MJN SEIFER
01-03-2015, 05:32 AM
I tend to have it on in the background while I'm on computer, but turn it off if I don't feel like watching anything that's on and/or can't be bothered to put a DVD or whatever on.

I might start having it on in the background more again though.

Shlup
01-03-2015, 01:10 PM
I download a shitload of TV shows. But I sit here and craft so I gotta watch something.

I watch somewhere around... 40 or 50 shows?

Dat Matt
01-03-2015, 01:39 PM
I don't watch TV very much except with Dinner or the weekly shows we keep up with. I do like to veg every now and again, but I like to beleive I am more active than all that xD

escobert
01-03-2015, 02:34 PM
I dont watch TV. I almost always have a show playing on my laptop but I don;t actually watch them. More just listen. Right now King Of The Hill is playing. I voted for the "I don't even own a TV" I do own one but, it's my computer monitor which is really a 32" Sony LED TV.

Del Murder
01-04-2015, 06:47 AM
It helps to have something on while feeding babies. Also to unwind. I DVR pretty much everything I watch.

BlackFire
05-04-2015, 02:13 AM
Since I don't have cable, I watch stuff from a bunch of TV/Movie apps online on my Xbox 360.
Crackle, YouTube, IGN, History app, etc.

Richard
05-04-2015, 02:17 AM
I watch a lot of dvds. I'm a movie buff. Don't care for regular tv. Considering Dish and Direct TV....I can't stand commercials and public tv is spammed full of ads that they make you watch. Not into that crap.

escobert
05-04-2015, 03:05 AM
I dont watch TV. I almost always have a show playing on my laptop but I don;t actually watch them. More just listen. Right now King Of The Hill is playing. I voted for the "I don't even own a TV" I do own one but, it's my computer monitor which is really a 32" Sony LED TV.

I have moved since this post and now have cable and it's almost always on in the background. I very rarely actually turn around to watch a show though.