PDA

View Full Version : New Final Fantasy XV trailer released at Jump Festa 2015!

Hannibal_Khan
12-20-2014, 05:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swfK8hnuplQ

Tyson
12-20-2014, 05:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4GQjh4Ltvo

Amazing!

Tyson
12-20-2014, 05:22 AM
Beat me to it :P

Depression Moon
12-20-2014, 05:25 AM
How can I access the stream?

Freya
12-20-2014, 05:31 AM
Nice grab, guys!

Tyson
12-20-2014, 05:31 AM
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv200824963

Depression Moon
12-20-2014, 05:33 AM

Where's the actual video part? Does it have to be watched through a mobile device?

Vyk
12-20-2014, 05:34 AM
So her name is Cindy

And this trailer still makes me more interested. At least they haven't introduced anything that just kills it for me. Still hyped a bit

Freya
12-20-2014, 05:34 AM
Shit. That trailer. Fucking titan. Omg

Tyson
12-20-2014, 05:36 AM

Where's the actual video part? Does it have to be watched through a mobile device?

You have to sign in, either with facebook or making an account

Vyk
12-20-2014, 05:38 AM
Beat me to it :P
A mod will probably merge these threads anyway. Hopefully. 'Cause I replied in the other one. It was the first one that showed up in my activity

Freya
12-20-2014, 05:39 AM
:shifty:

Tyson
12-20-2014, 05:41 AM
I was shocked to see it in English straight away. They seem to be really on top of the dubbing. Worldwide simultaneous release likely?

Vyk
12-20-2014, 05:44 AM
That was my presumption. That's how Konami did it with Metal Gear games. I think a few other Japanese companies are making that standard a lot more

Depression Moon
12-20-2014, 05:45 AM

You have to sign in, either with facebook or making an account

Thanks. WTF is up with this dog? I like the return of full 3-D cities like in XII.

Freya
12-20-2014, 05:46 AM
Dat titan tho

Tyson
12-20-2014, 05:47 AM
They're controlling a dog just to show off the city from what I can gather. You don't get to be the dog in the game haha

Before that they showed the guys parking in the city and walking around. They also showed the cutscene of them meeting Cindy, with no audio however.

Depression Moon
12-20-2014, 05:49 AM
What, I can't play as the dog? Not going to buy it now!

Tyson
12-20-2014, 05:55 AM
The Cindy scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-TApo5a1xo

Freya
12-20-2014, 05:58 AM
Cidney guys. Cidney.

Hannibal_Khan
12-20-2014, 06:02 AM
The Cindy scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-TApo5a1xo

Anyone else's pants just get tighter???

Tyson
12-20-2014, 06:02 AM
Cidney guys. Cidney.

I know that's her name in Japanese, but in the English trailer the subtitles say Cindy. Can't tell what she's saying in the audio hmmmm

Depression Moon
12-20-2014, 06:07 AM
http://a.pomf.se/idlgpj.gif

Hannibal_Khan
12-20-2014, 06:13 AM
Some translated bits of juicy new info:
- you will be able to ride trains too
- cidney will appear on the demo
-Cor won't be the only playable guest member
-The game will get a free demo besides duscae

more to come i presume.

Depression Moon
12-20-2014, 06:14 AM
Oh shit, we're getting another playable character? Thank goodness!

Fynn
12-20-2014, 06:17 AM
Hype has reached critical mass.

Hannibal_Khan
12-20-2014, 06:19 AM
@1:35 in the video, is this the new battle theme music?

proseprincess
12-20-2014, 06:32 AM
Well colour me excited! I might not get a PS4, but at the very least when FFXV
(finally) gets released, I'll watch a play-through to enjoy it :D

I really, really hope that the team working on this gives us their all with the final product

Hannibal_Khan
12-20-2014, 06:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohsfOAsIPNI

new town video!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-20-2014, 06:48 AM

A new video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqO-bp376hw) has surfaced in the wake of Jump Festa (http://www.jumpfesta.com/) '15! This trailer showcases some of the lush landscapes you get to visit along your journey, the ongoing struggle in the kingdom of Lucis, and introduces us to a new character known as Cindy the mechanic. Could Noctis and the gang experience some car trouble in their future? Some fans are even hypothesizing (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/160680-Will-Final-Fantasy-XV-s-Cid-be-a-Lady) that Cindy could be Final Fantasy XV's version of Cid.

Final Fantasy XV has had no shortage of large monsters revealed. Thanks to the introduction of Titan, this trailer is no exception! Whether it's the Leviathan (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljtEg1VOVag) or Adamantoise (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm4yg2LC7hk)from previous Tokyo Game Show trailers, it's safe to say the creatures you encounter have the potential to be just as awe inspiring as the intricate detail in the places you visit.

Which part of the trailer has you most hyped for the release of Final Fantasy XV? Do you like the idea of a female Cid? Which of the insanely large enemies has been your favorite so far?

Z4GQjh4Ltvo

Scotty_ffgamer
12-20-2014, 06:49 AM
Main character actually a dog. Hopefully that frog in one of the older trailers is in our party too. Final Fantasy XV: Adventures of Dog and Frog will surely be a hit.

Hannibal_Khan
12-20-2014, 06:57 AM
Hey, LoneWolfie, get your article outta my thread. Capiche? jk boo

Night Fury
12-20-2014, 08:51 AM
Annnnnd of course her tits are out.

fat_moogle
12-20-2014, 11:36 AM
The trailer takes me back to the initial hype I had when Versus XIII was first revealed! Love how they kept that bit at the beginning. So many people were saying that Nomuras initial vision had gone due to Tabata taking over, but it seems safe to say that his ideas are still firmly rooted in to this game.

Love the fact that we have this in English, too. I needed to watch the last video we got (baaaaath) a few times to get used to the voices, but the voices here seem much more fitting.

It's all coming together at last and looks like it's shaping up extremely well. I wonder just how many of these towns we'll get? Eek, I'm pretty excited and can't wait for Episode Duscae.

Fox
12-20-2014, 12:05 PM
What a good trailer!

Stuff wot I liked:

The voices for the most part.
That interesting looking town.
The combat
Dat music :3
CIDNEY
TITAN

Stuff wot I didn't like:

Cidney's gratuitous cleavage!

Ayen
12-20-2014, 12:39 PM
"So, we stay on the ground?"

*looks at airship army in the sky* Yeah, I say it's pretty safe to say we're staying on the smurfing ground.

Psychotic
12-20-2014, 01:25 PM
That was probably the most exciting trailer yet. I'm quietly optimistic having seen that.

Kozmos
12-20-2014, 09:52 PM
Absolutely loved the new trailer. Still don't really care for the English VO, but I think I'm just too used to the Japanese.

It seems like the translation was done exclusively for this trailer as it is much more loosely done than normal. There's even a point 35 seconds in where 2 characters speak in the Japanese version and 3 speak in the English. Kinda weird.

Psychotic
12-20-2014, 09:55 PM
Absolutely loved the new trailer. Still don't really care for the English VO, but I think I'm just too used to the Japanese.

It seems like the translation was done exclusively for this trailer as it is much more loosely done than normal. There's even a point 35 seconds in where 2 characters speak in the Japanese version and 3 speak in the English. Kinda weird.Yeah, good observations. There's definitely a couple of spots in the trailer where nobody says anything too and it seems out of place.

Aulayna
12-20-2014, 10:08 PM
Not gonna lie. I'm a little moist.

Tyson
12-21-2014, 12:46 PM

It seems like the translation was done exclusively for this trailer as it is much more loosely done than normal. There's even a point 35 seconds in where 2 characters speak in the Japanese version and 3 speak in the English. Kinda weird.Yeah, good observations. There's definitely a couple of spots in the trailer where nobody says anything too and it seems out of place.

The early FFXIII trailers were similar, all the lip syncing and stuff was done much later. Making the them seem kind of cheaply done :/

Del Murder
12-21-2014, 03:33 PM
Titan was neat. :D

Mirage
12-21-2014, 03:36 PM
Hypesdon, we have a lift-off.

FFFFsephychibi
12-21-2014, 03:36 PM
This game is literally on god tier for me, does anyone else feel the same?

Mirage
12-21-2014, 03:52 PM
It is certainly looking promising. I don't think it will disappoint in gameplay and world setting. The only somewhat unknown factor at this point is how much sense the story will make.

Fox
12-21-2014, 04:01 PM
It is certainly looking promising. I don't think it will disappoint in gameplay and world setting. The only somewhat unknown factor at this point is how much sense the story will make.

Agreed. Although I can live with an incoherent or even underwhelming story, as long as the characters are strong enough to carry it. That's what got me through the latter half of FFXII, where the story quality started dropping significantly. Characters like Balthier, Ashe and Gabranth really carried it through to the end.

Mirage
12-21-2014, 04:06 PM
good gameplay and setting is enough for me to enjoy a game, so i'm not worried really. A story doesn't need to be extraordinary to me, but it does need to be coherent if I'm not going to get pretty upset over it.

Vyk
12-21-2014, 04:56 PM
I think I'm the opposite, sadly. FFX and Star Ocean: The Last Hope had some fun battle systems and mildly interesting worlds. But the stories and characters ruined both games for me. So I have to be invested in what's going on and the characters involved, at least in a longer RPG style game, or I lose interest quickly in how fun the gameplay is. I think gameplay can only carry me for like 10 hours. So if there's no resolution in that timeframe, I'll have had my fill of the gameplay and be done with the story and characters if they're not good enough :/

Mirage
12-21-2014, 05:37 PM
I would have to disagree on both accounts there. FFX had somewhat interesting gameplay but ultimately a bit boring combat. The last hope wasn't *that bad*, but it was inferior in every way compared to its predecessor.

I actually l iked FFX' story though, but i hated both SO4's story and its characters :p.

fat_moogle
12-21-2014, 06:13 PM
The only somewhat unknown factor at this point is how much sense the story will make.
That's my feelings in a nutshell. There's no doubt in my mind at the moment that FFXV is going to be an extremely impressive game. Everything shown so far looks great and I'm looking forward to delving in to the experience. I just hope that the story is decent; It doesn't have to be the BEST FF story ever, but hopefully it all makes sense and is explained fully to us throughout the course of the game. Not like in FFXIII where you needed to access the datalogs in the menu to uncover quite important parts of the story.

And on the subject of FFXIII I'd really love for FFXV to be a self contained experience. NO SEQUELS. When the game ends I want it to END. I think that is the only way that SE can bring and end to the Fabula Nova Crystallis banner of games and move on to something completely new (no L'Cie, fal'Cie etc) with Final Fantasy XVI.

Ayen
12-21-2014, 07:03 PM
I need to have a balance myself. When the gameplay is bad but the story is good I find myself unable to enjoy it, and when the gameplay is great and the story is rubbish I don't care because there's nothing to get me invested.

Loony BoB
12-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Awww, man, I was really liking her name as Cidney. Cindy is the name of my first childhood crush when I was like, seven years old. It's a nice name but I really liked the tomboyish feel of "Cidney", and the fact that it was still Cid, but with 'ney' tagged on. This is less Cid-y.

Everything about the trailer is awesome for me, though. And I really, really, really hope we get to be a dog and a frog. xD

As for story vs. gameplay, I think for me it's more "characters vs. gameplay" - I worry that one or two of these characters might not have the same appeal that the diverse cast of FFXIII had. I remain, however, optimistic (as always) that I will find them all good in the end. Not keen on Noctis' voice, and I worry he's going to fall back into the same boat as Squall, Cloud, Lightning et al in being overly moody. I prefer the Zidane/Zack style.

Tyson
12-22-2014, 12:06 PM
As for story vs. gameplay, I think for me it's more "characters vs. gameplay" - I worry that one or two of these characters might not have the same appeal that the diverse cast of FFXIII had. I remain, however, optimistic (as always) that I will find them all good in the end. Not keen on Noctis' voice, and I worry he's going to fall back into the same boat as Squall, Cloud, Lightning et al in being overly moody. I prefer the Zidane/Zack style.

See I'd love him to be like Cloud or Squall! My biggest concern about 15 is the story and characters. The last main Final Fantasy game where I truly liked the cast and story was FFX.

Everything else about 15 I love so far. Art style, Music, Graphics, Gameplay, Open World. The characters will make or break the game for me tho. I've only been able to complete 12 once because of the characters :/

Loony BoB
12-22-2014, 01:10 PM
Of the FF's I've played and finished, not including MMOs...

I: Story: Forgettable and rather simple. Characters: No real personality.
II: Story: Alright. Characters: Very little depth added to them overall, but they were okay. The guest characters were highlights, though.
V: Story: Forgettable and rather simple. Characters: Pretty cool.
VI: Story: Alright. Characters: Meh to Excellent.
VII: Story: Great! Characters: Good to Excellent.
VIII: Story: All over the place (Absurd to Great). Characters: Good.
IX: Story: Good. Characters: Alright to Great.
X: Story: Good. Characters: Awful (unfortunately the main cast) to Great.
XII: Story: Shockingly easy to forget it, but it's alright. Characters: Alright to Good.
XIII: Story: Great concept, awful execution (bad to good in range). Characters: Great! The depth of this game really worked.
XIII-2: Story: Bad. Characters: Alright.
LR: Story: Bad to alright. Characters: Alright.

In other words, I can't think of many FF games that have had both good characters and good storyline. Sometimes a few bad characters ruin the entire thing for me, but story never really has a huge impact on how much I end up loving the game, with the exception of FFVII, and that's all down to how directly involved the characters were to the history behind the storyline itself (unlike FFXIII) and how they had good reasons for this (unlike FFVIII).

FFIX probably comes second to VII for me when it comes to story+characters, and after that I wouldn't know where to look in the FF series, really. Story has never been their strongest point, has it? It was always characters for me. I mean, sure, the story is often better than you'll get in other video games where gameplay is king, but character writing in FF tends to be what makes it amazing for me.

Tyson
12-22-2014, 02:05 PM
Of the FF's I've played and finished, not including MMOs...

I: Story: Forgettable and rather simple. Characters: No real personality.
II: Story: Alright. Characters: Very little depth added to them overall, but they were okay. The guest characters were highlights, though.
V: Story: Forgettable and rather simple. Characters: Pretty cool.
VI: Story: Alright. Characters: Meh to Excellent.
VII: Story: Great! Characters: Good to Excellent.
VIII: Story: All over the place (Absurd to Great). Characters: Good.
IX: Story: Good. Characters: Alright to Great.
X: Story: Good. Characters: Awful (unfortunately the main cast) to Great.
XII: Story: Shockingly easy to forget it, but it's alright. Characters: Alright to Good.
XIII: Story: Great concept, awful execution (bad to good in range). Characters: Great! The depth of this game really worked.
XIII-2: Story: Bad. Characters: Alright.
LR: Story: Bad to alright. Characters: Alright.

In other words, I can't think of many FF games that have had both good characters and good storyline. Sometimes a few bad characters ruin the entire thing for me, but story never really has a huge impact on how much I end up loving the game, with the exception of FFVII, and that's all down to how directly involved the characters were to the history behind the storyline itself (unlike FFXIII) and how they had good reasons for this (unlike FFVIII).

FFIX probably comes second to VII for me when it comes to story+characters, and after that I wouldn't know where to look in the FF series, really. Story has never been their strongest point, has it? It was always characters for me. I mean, sure, the story is often better than you'll get in other video games where gameplay is king, but character writing in FF tends to be what makes it amazing for me.

I agree with your entire list from 1-10. I hated both the story and characters of 12 and 13 tho :P

You're right tho, really the storyline isn't as important as the characters. FF8 is one of my fav's and the story is a mess in the second half. The cast carry it for me tho. 7 is really the only one I can think off that really hit the sweet spot of having both the story and characters.

Vyk
12-22-2014, 02:15 PM
Very interesting idea. Iv'e never really actually broken down my games to see if some of the ones I enjoy are actually because of the story or characters. I think most of my more memorable experiences hit that sweet spot where they were both enjoyable for me. So I am probably a lot more picky. In fact I know I am. Considering how rare it is for me to play a game to completion and then rave about it.

Del Murder
12-22-2014, 06:04 PM
The story is the painting and the characters are the brushes. You can come up with a decent picture by throwing paint randomly on a canvas but you need to be really lucky. Alternatively, a palette of colors is pretty to look at but without a picture they are pretty meaningless. A game needs both story and characters. I thought FFVI and VII did the best job combining story with character. It's rare that I'll like a game with good 'characters' but no good story. I'm not interested in looking spending 40 hours with a pile of paintbrushes.

Lawr
12-22-2014, 09:59 PM
FORGET TITAN AND ADAMANTOISE. DRIVING ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD WILL BE THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE.

Fox
12-22-2014, 10:17 PM
FORGET TITAN AND ADAMANTOISE. DRIVING ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD WILL BE THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE.

!!!

I didn't even notice! Finally being British pays off!

Mirage
12-22-2014, 10:29 PM
I thought it was pretty obvious seeing as they drive on the wrong side in japan as well

Fox
12-22-2014, 10:33 PM
I thought it was pretty obvious seeing as they drive on the wrong side in japan as well

*Right side.

And by that of course I mean left side.

See how much less confusing it is?

Tyson
12-23-2014, 12:09 AM

!!!

I didn't even notice! Finally being British pays off!

Holy Crap I just realised this aswell. Finally! Think this is the first game since The Getaway where I can drive on the proper side :P

fat_moogle
12-23-2014, 12:10 AM

*Right side.

And by that of course I mean left side.

See how much less confusing it is?
You're right. Right isn't right, left is right. Much less confusing.

Kozmos
12-24-2014, 09:39 PM
In other words, I can't think of many FF games that have had both good characters and good storyline.
You should check out FF4, I think both the story and characters are great. =)

Loony BoB
12-24-2014, 10:44 PM
It's on my list. xD It'll be the next FF I play. That or FFXV. :shifty:

Vyk
12-25-2014, 04:36 AM
Or Final Fantasy Football Manager