PDA

View Full Version : Are you interested in more mobile games by Square Enix?

Pike
01-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Square has begun branching into mobile games. Would you like to see more of these?

Shorty
01-05-2015, 05:55 PM
Maybe if they would fucking expand to droid I would be.

Depression Moon
01-05-2015, 05:56 PM
Began? It's been a while now and hell no I don't want to see an even higher production of those.

KentaRawr!
01-05-2015, 06:23 PM
If mobile games were both minimalistic in terms of aesthetics, but also pursued really meaningful expression, I think I'd be more interested in them. But it seems as though it's flipped.

Like, Hotel Dusk-esque games on mobile phones would be awesome, right?

Right? :ohdear:

Ayen
01-05-2015, 06:24 PM
No.

KentaRawr!
01-05-2015, 06:30 PM
:cry:

Maybe not Hotel Dusk, exactly, but just point-and-clicks, or visual novels?

Heck, even text adventure games.

Ayen
01-05-2015, 06:32 PM

Sorry, I was responding to the OP not you.

Pumpkin
01-05-2015, 06:33 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

As I said in the other thread, my phone can barely text let alone play games

Wolf Kanno
01-05-2015, 06:34 PM
If mobile games were both minimalistic in terms of aesthetics, but also pursued really meaningful expression, I think I'd be more interested in them. But it seems as though it's flipped.

You should check out Terra Battle. Pretty good tactical gameplay with a decent plot and excellent music. I have to say it's probably the first mobile game that really grabbed me, partly because the game design runs counter to the usual FTP model in many ways.

On topic, I don't really care to be honest. I don't think making mobile really hurts development for SE as much as their ineptitude of making console titles makes mobile just look better in comparison. Hell, I feel the majority of SE's best games since the merger have purely been handheld or mobile.

KentaRawr!
01-05-2015, 06:36 PM

Sorry, I was responding to the OP not you.

Oh! Gotcha. I should've figured. :lol:

You should check out Terra Battle. Pretty good tactical gameplay with a decent plot and excellent music. I have to say it's probably the first mobile game that really grabbed me, partly because the game design runs counter to the usual FTP model in many ways.

I'll check it out ASAP! Thank you. :)

Scotty_ffgamer
01-05-2015, 06:37 PM
I have this downloaded (but not played), but Imaginary Range (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Imaginary_Range) is something I'd like to see more of from Square on the mobile market. It's an interactive comic, and I feel that sort of thing is perfect for mobile! Unfortunately, I believe there have only been a few parts released of the story, and there is no indication there's ever going to be more.

But yeah, I don't want mobile ports with bad controls, but I wouldn't mind more stuff built from the ground up for mobile that isn't just a cash grab scheme.

Freya
01-05-2015, 06:48 PM
Well from what we know of mevius, it may be interesting to see.

I just wish I had more time to play games in general. :( Mobile games don't bother me. I just don't like so much attention being drawn to them instead of console beauties.

Ayen
01-05-2015, 06:50 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

As I said in the other thread, my phone can barely text let alone play games

Your phone be like "What the hell is this trout?"

Meanwhile my phone is just "lol no."

theundeadhero
01-05-2015, 06:52 PM
I don't game on my phone. I would rather they spend the time and money developing console games.

Mirage
01-05-2015, 06:56 PM
The only annoyance with mobile phones as a platform to me, is that playing games on them eats away on the same energy source as you need to listen to music, make calls and browse the internet.

I'm not opposed to games on mobile phones, as long as they are well-developed games.

Vermachtnis
01-05-2015, 08:08 PM
I don't game on my phone. I would rather they spend the time and money developing console games.

I came in to say pretty much this.

metagloria
01-05-2015, 08:08 PM
How should I put this...

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/no-hell-no.gif

Spooniest
01-05-2015, 10:02 PM
Touchscreens are for noobs

If you can't rock a controller, you can't roll with me

Mobile games are lousy. CONTROLLERS FOR LYFE

Shauna
01-05-2015, 10:32 PM
If they're good, sure thing.

If it's just more All the Bravest, then Squeenix mobile games can go die in a fire.

Psychotic
01-05-2015, 10:34 PM
I do own a few Square Enix mobile games actually - FF Tactics, FFIV and Theatrhythm.

Agreeing with Shauna, All the Bravest and Crystal Defenders and any other creatively bankrupt cynical cash grab can get out.

Pike
01-05-2015, 11:45 PM
My vote goes to "Maybe" because whilst I do like mobile games I like certain ones more than others. So it would ultimately depend on what Squeenix was going to do.

Madame Adequate
01-06-2015, 12:01 AM
I'm happy to see ports of good things and new good things, but I don't want bad things. So if they port over stuff I already know is good, great. If they make new stuff in similar styles, great. You could probably pump out some SNES-era style games with fairly small teams and they'd do gangbusters. I just don't want the whole series to be pulled towards casual stuff or microtransactions or what have you.

krissy
01-06-2015, 12:31 AM
terra battle is good
i mean the plot is crap
but its a good game for what it is

in general unless its 2d, no thanks

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-06-2015, 05:28 AM
No. I don't really play the type of games the Square Enix puts out anymore. So I don't really care for them.

Loony BoB
01-06-2015, 01:49 PM
If it's good stuff then power to 'em. What I don't want is for them to stop or even slow down their console game production as a direct result of this.

Spooniest
01-06-2015, 03:12 PM
To: Square Enix
Re: Mobile Games

We will be perfectly happy to purchase a mobile game from Square Enix just as soon as production on Final Fantasy XV is complete.

We are, as you may understand, saving our money for such a momentous release. :) We wouldn't want to be caught without a copy of our favorite game series' new flagship game!

When you have completed Final Fantasy XV and have it ready for release, perhaps you would consider a companion mobile game to market along with it, to celebrate the return you would be making to mobile game development at that time.

We, as longtime fans, would enjoy such a thing to no end. The game looks great! Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,
EoFF

Formalhaut
01-06-2015, 05:25 PM
I never play games on my mobile, but I'm not averse to iOS ports and games, on my iPad Mini, which is more suited to gaming. Games like Tactics, even Theatrhythm, are perfectly fine on tablets. I have the Phoenix Wright trilogy on there, and it's plenty good on that platform.

Ultimately, I'd rather they focus on console and 'big' games. But as long as they don't neglect their 'big' games, I don't mind them doing a one or two good quality mobile games.