PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever ridden a horse?

Pike
01-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Just 100 years ago the vast majority of people could say yes to this. Who knows these days, though! Have you ridden a horse before?

Iceglow
01-12-2015, 05:04 PM
I've ridden both Horses and Camels. Horses are far easier to manage and don't scare the living shit out of you when they get up/down for you. Though getting on a tall horse is pretty fucking hard.

I sadly don't get to go horse riding very often and certainly haven't ridden one in at least a year.

Pumpkin
01-12-2015, 05:14 PM
Yeah and summer camps or whatever. Wasn't my deal

Shorty
01-12-2015, 05:48 PM
Yep! Rode a tiny bit as a kid, and went on a horseback mountain trail mini-retreat with my family a little over two years ago. My horse's name was Joker, which was totally apt.

We rode for maybe fourish/fiveish hours through the mountain trails and the trees and foliage and it was just wonderful. So calm and serene. I was incredibly nervous when we first started going because it had been a long time since I'd been on a horse, but once we got to know eachother better, it was smooth sailing.

Was super sore afterward and the next day, but I would love to do it more.

Shauna
01-12-2015, 06:01 PM
There used to be a horse riding place around East Kilbride. My sister used to go all the time, so when I was old enough, they took me along too.

I was sat around, waiting for my horse... they trotted up this little pony...

And then I cried. And cried. And cried. And then cried some more.

So no, I have never ridden a horse, nor do I have any real desire to. xD

Bubba
01-12-2015, 06:06 PM
I remember winning a donkey race when I was a kid on a beach somewhere. Other than that I never have.

I won a stick of rock. My donkey's body was a temple.

Rocket Edge
01-12-2015, 06:23 PM
I went to horse riding lessons as a kid, about 8 years old. The instructor thought it was time for me to get on a horse without a lead for the first time. I quickly lost control of it as I had no idea what I was doing and it started galloping around the ring and I was just hanging on for dear life. They eventually got it to calm down but I was completely terrified. The instructor had the cheek to shout at me and tell me it was all my fault. xD

Ever since I haven't gotten on one. It's a big fear I have, though I intend someday to ride a horse again.

Ayen
01-12-2015, 06:56 PM
No. Can't say I have. Knowing my luck I'd probably fall off and break my neck, or lose all memory of who I am until I talk to my twin.

Galuf
01-12-2015, 07:24 PM
only thing ive ridden is a chocobo. dont think those count >_>

Spooniest
01-12-2015, 08:08 PM
Once, when I was a kid.

I just trotted the guy around the field a time or two, and didn't bother spurring him or nothing. I still don't know why he decided to rear up as I was getting off, but I fell on my butt pretty hard. Maybe he wanted to go fast or something.

theundeadhero
01-12-2015, 08:31 PM
When I was very small I had my own pony. Now, I haven't ridden a horse in about 20 years.

Pike
01-12-2015, 08:32 PM
It's been a few years now but there was a while where I was riding a horse a few times a week.

I wasn't very good at it, but it was enjoyable nonetheless!

escobert
01-12-2015, 09:09 PM
Yes, I used to work on an Icelandic Horse farm.

Electroshock Therapy
01-12-2015, 10:48 PM
I have, but I never really wanted to. My family liked it, so we sometimes went to attractions where we go on horse rides through a trail. I never actually liked the idea of riding a living creature with a mind of its own. On one of these rides, some freak accident occurred and the horse fell on me. Luckily, it was on a sopping-wet downward hill so the horse rolled off me and I only suffered bruised ribs. It still hurt to cough and yawn for a month, though...

Never again! And that's fine by me.

Mirage
01-13-2015, 12:12 AM
Yes, several times between the age of 8 and 16. I was never any good at it though.

Freya
01-13-2015, 01:01 AM
Yes my parents have a horse ranch. I grew up raising them. :D

Sephex
01-13-2015, 02:49 AM
Yes, one time. The horse got all wild on me, as well as other horses in the group. I calmly jumped off. The instructors yelled at me to stay on. I wasn't having any of that. My choice was justified after one of the other people who choose to brave another horse going wild had to deal with hanging on for dear life as the horse was sprinting at full speed. The person eventually bailed, and all was well. No injuries for any person or horses.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-13-2015, 02:51 AM
As a kid, I tried to ride my dog like a horse. It didn't work.

fire_of_avalon
01-13-2015, 03:17 AM
It's been a few years since I've been on a horse but, aside from being scared on a pony as a child, I've never had a bad experience.

Night Fury
01-13-2015, 03:30 AM
Nope! Would really like to though.

Wolf Kanno
01-13-2015, 06:24 AM
Yes, but it has been years.

Shlup
01-13-2015, 06:24 AM
A handful of times. It's fun!

TrollHunter
01-13-2015, 09:12 AM
My mom used to take me horseback riding all the time when I was a kid... but I don't remember much of it sadly.

blackmage_nuke
01-13-2015, 01:31 PM
I remember riding a camel on a beach once.

I've never ridden a horse, nor do I intend to, but if one day an opportunity arises to ride one without much hassle, I would not be opposed to giving it a go.

Shiny
01-20-2015, 06:30 AM
I did when I was a child, but it depressed me because the horse's back was all smurfed up from having fat people on it. This was a first reminder to me that people have no consideration for animals and the second reminder was going to the circus for the first time, which I hated. Never rid a horse ever since.

Loony BoB
01-20-2015, 02:27 PM
Never really had any desire to do so. Just isn't something I care much about.

However, it's possible that my vote was a lie as I did grow up in New Zealand and did have family who had farms, so it's very possible I have and simply don't remember.