PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to see an FFX-3?

Pike
01-13-2015, 05:00 PM
A third entry for FFX? What do you think?

Formalhaut
01-13-2015, 05:05 PM
Well after those quite postscripts: Will, and whatever that novel was called (I forget which), they have sort of muddied the waters.

Pumpkin
01-13-2015, 05:17 PM
I would, yeah

Galuf
01-13-2015, 05:19 PM
undecided. i havent played X and i played a bit of X-2 but maybe it would be cool if there was one

theundeadhero
01-13-2015, 05:38 PM
I didn't enjoy the world of Spira very much.

Loony BoB
01-13-2015, 05:40 PM
FFX-1 (minus one, not dash one): Before All That Other Stuff.

The game switches between groups as you finish various chapters, sort of like in FFVI. One story focuses on Jecht, Braska and Auron. Other chapters could surround Lulu (I find this to be a great read and could see it being turned into a story), Wakka, Kimahri and Rikku. Perhaps Cid. Stuff like that would be really neat, rather than making a full-blown epic story ~again~. I think the very best FF prequel story-wise focused on telling us what happened beforehand to Zack in FFVII, and I feel this kind of development could be really good for some of FFX's stuff. There could even be mini-chapters inbetween the big ones where you spend ten minutes dealing with some random puzzle/plotline about a vague NPC. Imagine a 20 minute mini-chapter focused on the life of Stay Away From The Summoner Lady! Another ten minute chapter later on where the Shoopuf farmer has to catch a rogue Shoopuf. Fifteen minutes spent being a warrior facing up to Sin. Little things like this could go a long way, don't need to be linked, but can be really enjoyable to help expand the lore of the world itself, and the world itself is amazing.

Rocket Edge
01-13-2015, 05:48 PM
I'd be ecstatic, but I be so worried that SE would smurf it up. Since X1 storywise the series has been dreadful.

Vermachtnis
01-13-2015, 06:50 PM
I want them to go all the way to X-10 and have it star Rin.

Fynn
01-13-2015, 07:31 PM
There's beating a dead horse.

And then there's people talking about a ne FFX sequel :p

FFX-1 (minus one, not dash one): Before All That Other Stuff.

Wouldn't X-0 be a more comfortable title?

Freya
01-13-2015, 07:45 PM
No but I would be okay with a Blitzball game.

With the after novel thing, I wouldn't be surprised if they made one.

Leigh
01-13-2015, 08:32 PM
I don't think there really should be. What is the point in having a numbered series, if you are just going to suffix numbers after them as well. I think SquareEnix should start naming their games like Friends named their episodes.

The one... with the transvestite and a big sword
The one... where the mini game is far more alluring than the story
The one... the same as the last one but with pop stars

Ayen
01-13-2015, 08:40 PM
With the troutty ideas they have in mind for a third game, no. No I would not.

Shorty
01-13-2015, 08:54 PM
Fuck no.

noxious.sunshine
01-13-2015, 09:08 PM
If it centered on Auron, Braska, and Jecht, hell yes I would.

I still don't get all the hate for X-2. It's a good game, though getting 100% is pretty tedious.

Madame Adequate
01-13-2015, 09:40 PM
No but I would be okay with a Blitzball game.

With the after novel thing, I wouldn't be surprised if they made one.

Obviously the best thing would be Blitzball Manager but I'd eagerly play X-3 as well.

fat_moogle
01-14-2015, 01:08 AM
If it were to be set in Spira before Sin first attacked, then yes, I'd welcome a X-3. Imagine a huge open world game with sprawling cities and Machina lining the horizons. No more world map with an automated airship that just takes you from place to place. We could get a true feel for how the whole world was before the events that took place at the start of X, fully exploring the Metropolis that was Zanarkand and other parts of the world that we didn't get to see before Sin struck. So yes, I'd be for it if it were a prequel. But a sequel? I see no logical continuation of the story. I doubt they'd do a prequel though, so I voted undecided.

TidusReborn
01-14-2015, 11:39 PM
I feel like a game staring Rikku would be amazing.

She's quick and agile- so cambat would be very fast and dynamic.

She has the whole mechanical/engineer thing going on

The Al-Bed Drama

No idea what the story would be though.......rebuilding Home? Leading her people? IDK.

I haven't beaten the remaster so I have no clue on where the story leads from X-2, But I would definitely love to see X-3

Sephiroth
01-15-2015, 01:07 AM
I don't want it to end with Will so yes.

Shiva95
01-15-2015, 01:28 PM
No. I didn't really enjoy FFX-2. But I would probably like a FFX-0 with Auron, Jecht and Braska.

metagloria
01-15-2015, 05:29 PM
No such much an X-3...maybe an X-2-2.

fat_moogle
01-15-2015, 06:28 PM
Square Enix will see that as X-Tutu and it will be a whole game based on Paine learning ballet.

TidusReborn
01-15-2015, 09:45 PM
If Tidus and Yuna had a kid, which had some of Tidus dream DNA inside it.........what would happen to the kid if the Fayth woke up or got tired of dreaming again? :eek:

metagloria
01-15-2015, 11:03 PM
Square Enix will see that as X-Tutu and it will be a whole game based on Paine learning ballet.
Kinect/PS4 Move capability and I'm in.

Sephiroth
01-15-2015, 11:15 PM
If Tidus and Yuna had a kid, which had some of Tidus dream DNA inside it.........what would happen to the kid if the Fayth woke up or got tired of dreaming again? :eek:

Tidus is a normal physical being and he for sure was also conceived so the child should also be bound to the dream.

Shiny
02-02-2015, 10:09 PM
Meg Ryan's peak ended in 2001, so no. There's a lot they can still do with the game obviously but I feel like what made FFX so powerful and great even was completely ruined by FFX-2. I'll stick with my depressing and semi-unhappy endings.

Though if they did come out with a sequel or prequel I'd probably play it.

I Will Set You Free
03-08-2015, 03:44 AM
if FFX-3 was the 'storyline' of Auron, Jecht, and Braska, not as "ghosts" ya know? :)

Ergroilnin
03-08-2015, 07:40 AM
Honestly that would be almost as much of a cashcow as HD release of FFX/X2. We already know they went through the absolutely same places, we saw about half of their story and we know how it ends.

If anything, 2 hours FFX styled animation would be much better than that.

metagloria
03-09-2015, 04:48 AM
If it were to be set in Spira before Sin first attacked, then yes, I'd welcome a X-3. Imagine a huge open world game with sprawling cities and Machina lining the horizons. No more world map with an automated airship that just takes you from place to place. We could get a true feel for how the whole world was before the events that took place at the start of X, fully exploring the Metropolis that was Zanarkand and other parts of the world that we didn't get to see before Sin struck. So yes, I'd be for it if it were a prequel. But a sequel? I see no logical continuation of the story. I doubt they'd do a prequel though, so I voted undecided.
I just fired up the remaster tonight, and once I got to Besaid and heard Wakka's speech about how there used to be machina cities everywhere...1000% this. This is the only scenario that would make sense, and it would be absolutely gorgeous. Imagine a high-technology game set during the era when Yu Yevon rose to power and formed Sin. Giant cities everywhere, but then Sin starts wiping them out and you experience the aftermath as he wreaks havoc on Spira, and have to eventually discern a way to stop his rampage, leading to the Final Summoning and first Calm. Yes please, sign me up.

maybee
03-10-2015, 11:56 AM
This may seem like a stupid reply to this question, but- only if the game is good imao.

Dante WolfWood
03-10-2015, 10:06 PM
Only if FFX-3 is a prequel about Jecht, Auron, and Braska.

And if Nomura isn't involved. At all.

Like not even around the building. I will only play if they put him on temporary leave during the whole duration of development.

Shiny
03-11-2015, 02:18 AM
The more I think about it, the more a prequel sounds really cool. To be in Zanarkand before all of that stuff went down would be really exciting. I think a pre-prequel when like Shuyin and Lenne were still alive would pretty dope.

metagloria
03-17-2015, 03:03 AM
If you're on Reddit, you've seen this already, but for those who haven't...

http://i.imgur.com/BFM8oua.gif

TidusReborn
03-17-2015, 03:36 AM
The more I think about it, the more a prequel sounds really cool. To be in Zanarkand before all of that stuff went down would be really exciting. I think a pre-prequel when like Shuyin and Lenne were still alive would pretty dope.

You're right!! I'd play the hell outta that prequel. The war, and Sin... would make a pretty epic game.

TidusReborn
03-17-2015, 03:44 AM
reddit is the devil.

Sephex
03-17-2015, 08:05 AM
I just think it is too little too late. If they tried now we would just get an awkward and clunky game like FFIV:TAY. But I might reconsider if it had a mini game called Laugh Hero where you have Tidus adjust his laugh to the hits from 70s progressive rock bands. Yes. That wasn't me agreeing with my own statement. I just think the band Yes should be apart of that list.

But for real, I think if they made Blitzball more free form that would be cool, but I don't see Square putting effort into something like that if they ever did revisit this universe yet again.

Euon
03-17-2015, 08:00 PM
Give me a prequel! There. That's all I want from the FFX legacy. I'd like the idea of a Yunalesca period prequel so they have more creative freedom but I do fear hwo that'd go, I'd rather see Jecht, Auron and Braska's story. I've seen a few RPs chronicle the machina wars quite nicely but I don't think it's something too functional outside of perhaps a tactics style game. I mean hey, if Revenant Wings can be a sequel, so can FFX: Machina Wars. It'd kill me if it was tower defence though.

Thief Zidane
03-18-2015, 03:32 PM
If the game cantered on those three I would buy a PS4 just to play it, shame it won't happen!

fat_moogle
03-19-2015, 01:25 AM
Kinect/PS4 Move capability and I'm in.
OMG, be careful what you wish for! xD I think if it were to happen though it would be more along the lines of something like Persona 4: Dancing All Night.

I just fired up the remaster tonight, and once I got to Besaid and heard Wakka's speech about how there used to be machina cities everywhere...1000% this. This is the only scenario that would make sense, and it would be absolutely gorgeous. Imagine a high-technology game set during the era when Yu Yevon rose to power and formed Sin. Giant cities everywhere, but then Sin starts wiping them out and you experience the aftermath as he wreaks havoc on Spira, and have to eventually discern a way to stop his rampage, leading to the Final Summoning and first Calm. Yes please, sign me up.
LET'S MAKE A PETITON.

Yeah, they have a really interesting backstory which isn't really discussed at length in FFX-2.

If you're on Reddit, you've seen this already, but for those who haven't...

http://i.imgur.com/BFM8oua.gif
AHAHA! xD

If the game cantered on those three I would buy a PS4 just to play it, shame it won't happen!
But it "could" happen. Have fayth :p

Leigh
03-21-2015, 03:57 AM
I'm still pro-new idea camp. I'm interested in J.K Rowling showing us if she can write something new and just as encaptivating as interesting as her previous world. I'm not particularly interested in Harry Potter: The Mid-life Crisis Years...after all the good stuff had happened, and Ron becomes Head of Admissions for Hogwarts. I'd rather take creativity, and channel it in a new direction, but for it to actually be, ya know, good.

At this rate, we will need verse and paragraph numbers suffixed after each main title entry.

individual23
04-05-2015, 06:03 AM
you know what I want instead of FFX3?!!!! for real!!!!!!

A PREQUEL!!!

With Braska, young Auron, and Jecht!!! only three characters!!!

Come on, tell me you wouldn't be stoked to play a game like that. I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but that's what I've been saying for a while now!

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
04-05-2015, 01:19 PM
I would be happy with another one as long as it would be challenging. I thought FFX was a lot harder and FFX-2 was a piece of cake.
I prequel would be amazing though! :D

zackk
04-06-2015, 03:09 PM
A prequel would be nice. It's only a question of who should the characters be. Jecht, Braska, and Auron would be a story about friendship, while Shuyin and Lenne's would be a story about love.

As for a sequel, they could do away with it, I just don't know how they'll insert a boss in the middle of the eternal calm. Maybe Seymour? He always returns, so he could be a good boss.

Richard
05-01-2015, 07:32 PM
No. The first 2 were great games. But honestly. I've had enough Spira. Would love to see a new Final Fantasy game.