PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best Avenger?

Night Fury
01-14-2015, 05:00 PM
Well who?

Galuf
01-14-2015, 05:03 PM
i choose the iron man. thor pretty cool too. i forgot who black widow and hawkeye are

also: a poll on wonder square. NOT made by Pike ?!?!?

Loony BoB
01-14-2015, 05:14 PM
I have never thought about this and suddenly I am puzzled, because I like them all pretty much equally. o_o This is a rare thing for me.

metagloria
01-14-2015, 05:32 PM
No Batman, no care.

Psychotic
01-14-2015, 05:32 PM
Easiest question ever and I'm glad most people agree with me.

Shorty
01-14-2015, 05:48 PM
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2015/004/4/0/captain_america_is_my_avenger_by_demosthynes-d80r98k.png

Really and truly love Bruce Banner as portrayed by Mark Ruffalo, though.

Perducci
01-14-2015, 06:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/sEJND.png

Hulk best there is.

Galuf
01-14-2015, 06:19 PM
woah jumpscare!

Formalhaut
01-14-2015, 06:27 PM
I seem to be the only Black Widow fan here. I thought her character was by far the most interesting, and that's someone who saw the Avengers first before any other film strands. Her character just jumped out at me.

Vermachtnis
01-14-2015, 07:38 PM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/AKA_Gluttony/the-credible-hulk-600x410_zps1406a1b5.jpg

Fox
01-14-2015, 08:52 PM
Um, Black Widow. Because she makes the cut to be an Avenger without super powers or crazy technology.

That puts her and Hawkeye at the top, and she is more interesting than Hawkeye.

Depression Moon
01-14-2015, 10:40 PM
Black Panther.

Ayen
01-14-2015, 11:09 PM
Iron Man.

Pheesh
01-15-2015, 02:46 AM
Thor had the best individual movie and he's Australian, so it's a no brainer for me.

blackmage_nuke
01-15-2015, 03:15 AM
I cant decide between Iron Man and Thor but I love them all.

Night Fury
01-15-2015, 03:21 AM
I like em all, but I have a soft spot for the Cap! I do like Black Widow too though, she's probably my second because she's a babe.

chionos
01-15-2015, 05:25 AM
Hulk smash. I love Bruce/Hulk as a rendition of the Jeckyl/Hyde archetype. I hope someday he gets a movie that does him justice.

Pike
01-15-2015, 10:26 AM
This is one of those polls where you need to be able to click on the numbers and see who voted for what, so you can determine who actually has good taste! :colbert:

Rocket Edge
01-15-2015, 11:36 AM
^ lol

Picked Iron Man but I dunno really. I never read the comics so I'm just going off the films.

Bubba
01-15-2015, 01:19 PM
Great question! I'm gonna go with the red one though. It's Morphin time!

Madame Adequate
01-15-2015, 03:57 PM
Iron Man, but they're all pretty great!

Loony BoB
01-15-2015, 04:25 PM
Black Widow: Underrated, no "super" powers or mechsuit reliance, witty, total badass with or without weapons.

Hulk: Most powerful, mutant, green, generally hilarious in a slapstick kinda way, Bruce is incredibly smart and witty too.

Captain America: Total man of integrity, polite, does The Right Thing always and I really dig that.

Thor: Dat hammer. Also looks freakin' cool, is a cheeky bugger and I'm straight but damn what a hunk. xD

Iron Man: Comedy genius, expert of sarcasm and generally cool guy. Also megasmart, which enhances the other stuff.

So yeah, still can't decide. Oh, right, the other guy.

Hawkeye: Uh... yeah, good for you, Hawkeye! You use that bow! ^^;

Ayen
01-15-2015, 06:49 PM
Going by the polls results it looks like Civil War is starting early.

Pike
01-15-2015, 07:26 PM
Hawkeye has one vote...

...harsh.

Freya
01-15-2015, 07:28 PM
While Ironman has the charm and wittiness, I love me some Thor :3

Shorty
01-15-2015, 07:33 PM
Challenge: Name the Hogwarts houses each Avenger would belong to.

Slothy
01-15-2015, 08:36 PM
Cap is my favourite. There's a reason that a man who, while at the peak of human physical ability, doesn't strictly have super powers but can give orders to a billionaire with crazy tech, a god, a Hulk, and every other crazy powerful Avenger that should be able to squash him like a bug.

Pheesh
01-15-2015, 09:58 PM

Gryffindor: Cap

Hufflepuff: Thor, Hawkeye (Hawkeye could be gryff I guess? I dunno, hard to sort someone with zero personality)

Ravenclaw: Black Widow, The Hulk

Slytherin: Iron Man

Spuuky
01-15-2015, 10:09 PM
The Vision.

Fox
01-15-2015, 10:12 PM
Hawkeye has one vote...

...harsh.

Look at it another way.

Hawkeye has a vote!

Exceeding expectations.

radicaledward124
01-15-2015, 11:09 PM
Iron Man is by far the best lol.

Crop
01-16-2015, 08:01 AM
Hands down The Cap.

Shiny
01-16-2015, 04:07 PM
Hulk is the best. He can't be killed and could ruin literally every other puny hero on that list especially Iron Man who has no powers aside from a suit. Bish plz. The only one who could put a real fight on that list is Thor because of Hulk's magic weakness. This list is missing so many Avengers though.

Depression Moon
01-16-2015, 04:54 PM
Hulk has a magic weakness? Are you getting him mixed up with Superman?

Loony BoB
01-16-2015, 05:16 PM
Perhaps Thor has puppies.

Ayen
01-16-2015, 05:29 PM
Hulk is the best. He can't be killed and could ruin literally every other puny hero on that list especially Iron Man who has no powers aside from a suit. Bish plz. The only one who could put a real fight on that list is Thor because of Hulk's magic weakness. This list is missing so many Avengers though.

Pfft. Iron Man will show Hulk what's what in Avengers 2. Just you watch.

Leigh
01-16-2015, 09:02 PM
Black Widow! Because her voice was epic in "Her".

blackmage_nuke
01-17-2015, 01:39 AM

Hufflepuff: Thor, Hawkeye (Hawkeye could be gryff I guess? I dunno, hard to sort someone with zero personality)

I'd say Black Widow was in Slytherin because she's cunning and manipulative.

Ayen
01-17-2015, 01:42 AM

I'd say Black Widow was in Slytherin because she's cunning and manipulative.

I kind of want to say Hawkeye would be in Slytherin too because he's a loner and didn't strike me as much of a people person, but I'm not 100% on that. And I think Tony would be in Ravenclaw too because he's a genius and he's certainly braggy about it. Though he does have a lot of Gryffindor pride, but I think he values intelligence above all else so Ravenclaw.

Shiny
01-19-2015, 04:54 AM
Are you getting him mixed up with Superman?

No. Pick up a comic.

Screw the Hulk Buster! Hulk reigns supreme. :colbert:

At least until the third movie.

chionos
01-23-2015, 01:21 AM

No. Pick up a comic.

Screw the Hulk Buster! Hulk reigns supreme. :colbert:

At least until the third movie.

Amen. Hulk is supreme.

I'm a word person, so this is how I break it down:

Iron Man: lots of words
Thor: stilted, sometimes king james bible words (what?)
Captain America: blah blah team words
Black Widow: bad accent words
Hawkeye: words so we don't feel bad for paying him millions of dollars
The Hulk: SMASH WORDS

Quindiana Jones
01-23-2015, 02:58 AM
I really don't like the movie Cap. Captain America is righteous; "We don't do this because it is wrong." Movie Cap is too whiny; "Oh man, the forties was so much better, you guys are horrible. :(". If he were more... actually Captain America, he would always top out.

Well, not quite top out. He would be second. Behind Coulson. Coulson is the best of all things.

Colonel Angus
01-23-2015, 03:13 AM
Movie Cap is too whiny; "Oh man, the forties was so much better, you guys are horrible. :(".
How is that any different than any other old man who lived through WWII?

Night Fury
01-23-2015, 03:38 AM
Did you see Winter Soldier, Quin?

chionos
01-23-2015, 05:02 AM
I really don't like the movie Cap. Captain America is righteous; "We don't do this because it is wrong." Movie Cap is too whiny; "Oh man, the forties was so much better, you guys are horrible. :(". If he were more... actually Captain America, he would always top out.

Well, not quite top out. He would be second. Behind Coulson. Coulson is the best of all things.

Winter Soldier fixed some of those mistakes they made with the Cap character in the first movie, but it was almost too late by then, you know? Quin's right, they took the character in a bad direction in the first Captain America movie (and in the Avengers), and it's basically impossible to come back from that. The only way they could redeem the character is through better development in the second Avengers movie and in the Civil War arc. The success of Civil War in large part depends on how they play the Captain America character.

fire_of_avalon
01-23-2015, 05:45 AM
Easy. Thor and Cap are in Gryffindor, Bruce is in Ravenclaw, Hawkeye is in Hufflepuff and Natasha and Tony are Slytherin.

Also Bruce Banner is the best Avenger. Not necessarily Hulk, but Bruce Banner. Because of reasons. Mostly vengeful ones.

Shorty
01-23-2015, 05:52 AM
foa's Hogwarts selection is my favorite so far.

chionos
01-23-2015, 05:55 AM
This Potter Avengers crossover stuff is making me uncomfortable.

Ayen
01-23-2015, 05:56 AM
Hawkeye is going to make Hufflepuff badass.

fire_of_avalon
01-23-2015, 06:01 AM
Don't knock Hufflepuff! If I weren't such a mouthy busybody I would be a Hufflepuff! They get the job done.

Ayen
01-23-2015, 06:07 AM
Who's knocking Hufflepuff? Not me. I am a Huffle through and through. Badger for life!

Quindiana Jones
01-23-2015, 06:40 AM
Movie Cap is too whiny; "Oh man, the forties was so much better, you guys are horrible. :(".
How is that any different than any other old man who lived through WWII?

Ex-bloody-actly.

Yup, bit better, but still not Captain America. They made the Cap into a bit of a nancy, whereas he is pretty much the leader of the Avengers. And he's the leader because he is pure and righteous and does the right thing. When faced with insurmountable enemies that make the other Avengers cower in fear, it's Captain America who stands up first to fight and gets them back in gear. He's so freaking awesome! He can bloody wield Mjolnir! Not just make it dance a little bit, either; he can wield it. And he doesn't even have any superpowers. He is the most physically capable a human can be, but it ain't a superpower. Batman is also the most physically capable a human can be. Yet Captain America always steps forward first. Because he is a wonderful human being in every possible way. In a team of a nigh-invincible god, an actually invincible Hulk, combat experts, a man wearing a nigh-indestructible suit of armour, and Sir Coulson the Magnificent, it's always Captain America who is willing to do the right thing. Immediately, and without doubt, question or restraint.

Not a whiner. God damn love Captain America. xD

Also, Hufflepuff is easily one of the best Houses, and Helga Hufflepuff is a beast.

Night Fury
01-23-2015, 06:41 AM
Well, I don't read the comics and now I'm sad that the Cap isn't like that in the movies :(

chionos
01-23-2015, 06:43 AM
If Cap had gone to Hogworts, he would have punched Voldy in the mouth and told him to stop being such a douche and then whipped that dirty stupid school into shape.

Ayen
01-23-2015, 06:54 AM
Just Some Random Guy needs to write for Captain America. He'd do it right.

Fox
01-24-2015, 12:22 AM
When faced with insurmountable enemies
That make the other Avengers
Cower in fear
It's Captain America who stands up first
to fight
and gets them back in gear.
He's so freaking awesome!
He can bloody wield
Mjolnir!

Not just make it dance
a little bit
he can wield it.

Wow Quin, good work. That is the finest Captain America song I've ever seen!

Pike
01-24-2015, 01:05 AM
Please don't hate me

Ayen
01-24-2015, 01:07 AM
Best premise ever.

Shorty
01-24-2015, 01:07 AM
I don't get what is unfortunate about it?

hell yes I'd tap Cap like a maple tree

Ayen
01-24-2015, 01:08 AM
I don't get what is unfortunate about it?

It's unfortunate for Iron Man.

Pike
01-24-2015, 01:09 AM
what is unfortunate about it?

xD

He's bragging, so it's unfortunate for Tony. xD

Madame Adequate
01-24-2015, 01:10 AM
More unfortunate for Cap.

Ayen
01-24-2015, 01:10 AM
More unfortunate for Cap.

​OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Shorty
01-24-2015, 01:11 AM
Well, egomania is a turn-off. :colbert:

Also, Quin is spot on with why Cap is amazing. He can wield bloody Mjolnir.

edit: Huxley is a jerk

Slothy
01-24-2015, 01:55 AM

No. Pick up a comic.

I've read many a comic and I can't think of any where the Hulk has been stated or shown to have a specific vulnerability to magic. Note that not being able to lift Mjolnir and being hit by really powerful magical spells that would deck any super powered individual don't really count as being weak to magic any more than Cap being caught in a nuclear blast would be a weakness to radiation.

Mercen-X
01-24-2015, 02:01 AM
Hawkeye hasn't been given due development. They should have had Natasha brainwashed by Loki. We already got time with her in Iron Man 2. Hawkeye only showed up for like three seconds in Thor. They even added that ridiculously superfluous "interrogation" scene between Nat and Loki. Worthless. Fun to watch the actors in character, but a worthless scene nonetheless. Hell, the "interrogation" when she is first called in was worthless too.

I prefer Cap the way he is in the movies. He may seem whiny when compared to his comic counterpart, but he is easier to relate to on a human level. Just be happy, they didn't cast Shia Lebouf to play him. There's a level of whiny we don't need to see in Cap.

Shorty
01-24-2015, 02:04 AM
Natasha played a better role than Hawkeye could have. Having her brainwashed would force a team of dude heroes have to come rescue her in the classic damsel in distress scenario that the rest of the world is trying to move away from.

Natasha Romanov does not get rescued; she rescues you.

Quindiana Jones
01-24-2015, 02:24 AM
In Soviet Russia...?

Ayen
01-24-2015, 02:25 AM
Natasha Romanov does not get rescued; she rescues you.

Natasha Romanov can rescue me any day of the week.

Shorty
01-24-2015, 02:33 AM
In Soviet Russia...?

Quite.

Shiny
01-24-2015, 04:18 AM

No. Pick up a comic.

I've read many a comic and I can't think of any where the Hulk has been stated or shown to have a specific vulnerability to magic. Note that not being able to lift Mjolnir and being hit by really powerful magical spells that would deck any super powered individual don't really count as being weak to magic any more than Cap being caught in a nuclear blast would be a weakness to radiation.

Wow. I don't see why being susceptible to magic doesn't count as being weak to magic. Huge *facepalm* Considering magic is the only thing that can really effect him, I'd say yes, that does count. :p

Read moar comics. Googling doesn't count.

Mercen-X
01-24-2015, 07:38 AM
Cap being caught in a nuclear blast would be a weakness to radiation.Humans do have a weakness to radiation. Superman's ability to withstand radiation isn't his specific superpower. Being susceptible to radiation is merely mankind's weakness. Not saying there aren't specific types of radiation that can hurt Superman or other aliens and creatures, but humans are so far the only ones who are susceptible to EVERY KIND OF RADIATION. That is a specific weakness. So for Hulk to feel any effect at all from magic, in due consideration of his otherwise invulnerable state, would translate to a weakness to magic as it is the most suitable weapon to be utilized in attempt to subdue him.

Natasha played a better role than Hawkeye could have. Having her brainwashed would force a team of dude heroes have to come rescue her in the classic damsel in distress scenario that the rest of the world is trying to move away from.
Ahem. Classically, that damsel in distress isn't trying to kill you. Unlike some, I'm not afraid to put a female character in a position where it appears she has to be rescued just because it might come off like some typical Arthurian romance. I think Natashya would have continued to prove herself an interesting character even while under the control of Loki's scepter.

chionos
01-24-2015, 07:56 AM
Hulk has been shown to be susceptible to matter-manipulating magic. Also, a relative weakness is still a weakness. He's resistant to direct dark magics, though. i.e. Hulk's weakness to magic is not a weakness like Superman's weakness to magic.

It also depends on at how you want to classify stuff like the OdinForce, Zeus's lightning, the power cosmic, etc, because some of those things can get through his defenses.

Regardless, Hulk's real weakness is the greatest of all weaknesses.

HULK NO SMASH
HULK...LOVE

Ayen
01-24-2015, 08:15 AM
The Hulk's true weakness is solo movies.

Night Fury
01-24-2015, 08:36 AM
Hawkeye hasn't been given due development. They should have had Natasha brainwashed by Loki.

No, Natasha doesn't get brainwashed.

She was able to fool Loki - the trickster. If that isn't badassery I don't know what is.

Slothy
01-24-2015, 11:11 AM

No. Pick up a comic.

Wow. I don't see why being susceptible to magic doesn't count as being weak to magic. Huge *facepalm* Considering magic is the only thing that can really effect him, I'd say yes, that does count. :p

Read moar comics. Googling doesn't count.

How is magic the only thing that can really affect him? Anything that's powerful enough, magic included, will fuck him up but it's not a specific weakness to magic. He'll still recover from it just as quickly. Matter manipulation and altering reality might be the only things that legitimately can mess him up in some permanent fashion, but those aren't limited to magic users. A mutant pulling the same tricks will do as much damage as any magic user.

And I feel safe in the assumption that I probably have and do read more comics than the majority of people here thanks. :p

Pike
01-24-2015, 03:18 PM
Poor Hawkeye :(

Fun fact: I own a Hawkeye washcloth. I got it for a buck at the dollar store. And you'd better believe I use it all the time, like the responsible and super adult 31 year old that I am.

Shorty
01-24-2015, 05:00 PM
Cap being caught in a nuclear blast would be a weakness to radiation.Humans do have a weakness to radiation. Superman's ability to withstand radiation isn't his specific superpower. Being susceptible to radiation is merely mankind's weakness. Not saying there aren't specific types of radiation that can hurt Superman or other aliens and creatures, but humans are so far the only ones who are susceptible to EVERY KIND OF RADIATION. That is a specific weakness. So for Hulk to feel any effect at all from magic, in due consideration of his otherwise invulnerable state, would translate to a weakness to magic as it is the most suitable weapon to be utilized in attempt to subdue him.

Ahem. Classically, that damsel in distress isn't trying to kill you. Unlike some, I'm not afraid to put a female character in a position where it appears she has to be rescued just because it might come off like some typical Arthurian romance. I think Natashya would have continued to prove herself an interesting character even while under the control of Loki's scepter.

Well, you should be. Putting women in a position like that doesn't require any sort of boldness, all it takes is unfair stereotypes. The damsel is an overused stereotype just like the hilarious gay friend in the cast for comedy. It perpetuates a stereotype that girls need to be rescued all the time, and we don't. Being rescued keeps us from being the heroes in the stories because we're just a cog for motivation of the hero. aka women in refrigerators

I would have been pissed if Natasha was mind warped by Loki when any one if the several male characters could have been. Thankfully, Joss Whedon agrees with me on the damsel in distress nonsense and is all about creating empowered female characters.