PDA

View Full Version : Telltale's Minecraft

Ayen
12-21-2014, 07:57 PM
I didn't see this thread anywhere else so thought I'd make one. Do not adjust your computer monitors, you read the title of the thread correctly. Telltale next game is going to be based off the popular building game, Minecraft.

http://www.pcgamer.com/telltale-are-making-a-minecraft-game/

Minecraft: Story Mode is what it's called. Expect it in 2015. Already the Telltale community is in an uproar over this. There's petitions to stop it, petitions to stop the whining, petitions to stop petitions! Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

Thoughts? I'm honestly curious to see what they do with it. I only played a demo of Minecraft with my nephew. I was unable to learn how to play the game because he kept killing me repeatedly, the jerk.

Discuss.

Psychotic
12-21-2014, 09:28 PM
I'm a big Minecraft fan and a big Telltale fan.

I'm not really interested in this at all and don't remotely get how this crossover makes sense.

Vyk
12-21-2014, 09:28 PM
I'm ... "curious". But also, doesn't Microsoft now own Minecraft? Or am I confused on that whole buyout thing? So won't this be an XBO/PC thing? If so, that might be part of the reason for the revolts, considering the backlash with Tomb Raider and Street Fighter

I'm also not 12, so I have little interest in MineCraft or any derivative story they can try to glean from it. Though if anyone can pull it off, I suppose it would have to be them. But unlike with their recent plethora of games, this one will definitely be a "wait and see" for me

Mirage
12-21-2014, 09:34 PM
If people don't like it they should just not buy it. That's all there is to this.

Perducci
12-21-2014, 09:56 PM
I'm not a Minecraft fan, but I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Ayen
12-21-2014, 10:46 PM
I'm ... "curious". But also, doesn't Microsoft now own Minecraft? Or am I confused on that whole buyout thing? So won't this be an XBO/PC thing? If so, that might be part of the reason for the revolts, considering the backlash with Tomb Raider and Street Fighter

I'm not sure how Telltale usually goes about buying licenses. Microsoft probably has a piece of the pie either way. I mean, they already wanted to make a Minecraft 2, now a successful video game developer wants to make a story mode of their new property, they'd be crazy not to let them.

Vyk
12-21-2014, 10:56 PM
Oh, I wasn't insinuating they wouldn't license it out to them. I was just saying that it'd probably never be released on a Sony or Nintendo or mobile platform, the way most of Telltale's other games have been. Which would be a shame if it turns out to be surprisingly good. But thems the breaks

Ayen
12-21-2014, 10:59 PM
Oh. Yeah, I'm not sure what the conditions there are or not. I know Microsoft could probably use the exclusives, but that would really suck. Nintendo would probably be left out either way. Telltale games hasn't been on a Nintendo console since the original Wii.

It could just be a timed deal at best like Rise of the Tomb Raider.

fat_moogle
12-22-2014, 12:20 AM
My sister absolutely loves Minecraft, but she doesn't play the Survival mode. She much rather prefers the create mode. Building towns, houses etc. I don't see her being interested in a Story Mode at all.

Rez09
12-24-2014, 03:21 PM
I will laugh so much if they give it an epic storyline about dragons returning to Minecraftlandia and an endermen invasion.