PDA

View Full Version : Do you get cranky when someone else is in your parking spot?

Pike
01-24-2015, 05:00 PM
Whether it's at work or at home, do you get cranky when someone else has taken your normal spot?

Galuf
01-24-2015, 05:12 PM
curse those spot stealers :argh:

Also i cant really drive so i just say any spot not parking spot

Colonel Angus
01-24-2015, 05:24 PM
Where I'm from, this is actually a really big deal, especially in the winter.

When I was a wee lad, we used to use chairs or traffic cones to save the spots in front of the house. Then, about 15 years ago, they made that practice illegal.

However, in winter, when people shovel out their spot, they'll put chairs or something in the spot to keep them, which I'm fine w/. However, others complain about that, as it's a public street. But I say if you do the work, you can keep the spot.

Shorty
01-24-2015, 05:52 PM
Yes, I get very cranky.

Pumpkin
01-24-2015, 07:02 PM
No but I have a driveway so

I do get angry when sharky's dad parks on the lawn because I mean really now. We can fit like 8 cars on our driveway if you include the carport, there is ample space

escobert
01-24-2015, 09:10 PM
Yes. I try to park in the same spot all of the time. If you know I park there everyday and park there anyways when there is plenty of open space around, I will be a grumpy panda.

Ayen
01-24-2015, 11:03 PM
No parking spot woes for ToriJ.

noxious.sunshine
01-24-2015, 11:43 PM
During the Summer, the street in front of our door gets packed with people going to the beach, making it hard to find a spot close. The street(s) we have parking passes for then also get crowded and a lot of times, we'll wind up parking several blocks away.

Psychotic
01-24-2015, 11:54 PM
Yes, I will fucking cut you :colbert:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-25-2015, 12:20 AM
Yeah but It's all good. I just spray paint "In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming" in big bold letters on their windshield.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-25-2015, 01:21 AM
Um, no...

Shiny
01-25-2015, 06:20 PM
Yes, I get cranky when someone else parks in front of my house -- taking my parking spot and taking up TWO parking spots in the process because they park in the middle like an asshole.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-25-2015, 06:59 PM
We have more cars at my house currently than room for them. The house next to us was vacant, so it wasn't a problem because we could just park in front of their house and in that driveway for a while. Then the house finally got put on the market, so the driveway was out. Now it's bought and the front of that house is out. I'm really a bit concerned because the next day I go into work, I'll literally have nowhere to park when I get home. We have no neighbors that won't get mad if I park in front of their house.

Edit: I do get a little cranky if I ever establish a "spot" and someone take it though. Parking isn't a problem because I never really establish a spot, but if a general area is full of cars at work, I end up not happy.

Dat Matt
01-25-2015, 10:35 PM
There isn't designated parking where I work, we all park in the streets outside.

I get mad when people are in spaces that make it hard for me to park. Stupid parkers.

Mirage
01-26-2015, 04:21 AM
I don't have my own parking spot, but if I had one, I would key the fuck out of anyone who parked there.

Jess
01-29-2015, 10:25 PM
We have a 6 car driveway for 4 maisonettes. It works out well, because between us, we have 6 cars. I get really annoyed if the neighbours have visitors and they let them park in our established spots, instead of telling them to park on the street, where there is plenty of space to park.

Even more so when you ask them to move their car and you get a "Oh, I'll be gone in 5 minutes" response. Hell no, I don't care. I'm home now, and you're in my space. Move your damn car now.

When I buy a house, it has to have a driveway or a garage. I can't cope with parking wars!

Mirage
01-30-2015, 04:11 AM
You need me and my keys in your life