PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time you played a Final Fantasy game?

Pike
01-25-2015, 05:00 PM
Do you still play FF on occasion? Or even regularly?

Psychotic
01-25-2015, 05:05 PM
http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/158750-I-BEAT-Final-Fantasy-III-so-you-don-t-have-to! ;)

Hoping to do FFVII HD mod, FFIV and Type-0 this year!

Pike
01-25-2015, 05:08 PM
I poured about 200 hours into FFTA2 about three months back. Since then I haven't played an FF though. :(

Shauna
Just played a Final Fantasy game today! Well, I didn't personally play it. But it totally counts.

Leigh
I have preordered the Type-0 Collectors Edition. The pointless shininess of the box appealed to my consumerist materialism. Ha! So i'd like to hopefully say that it will hold my attention for a while at least. =)

As for going back in time, then I did start to replay through Final Fantasy VII last year. I got up to the Temple of the Ancients before it sort of fell off the face of the earth. Final Fantasy comes with the onset of bittersweet nostalgia. Playing through them can make me feel a little sad inside. It's also a constant reminder that nothing has really changed in my life for the past 15 years. I'm still living with a young-child mentality. So now I just try and concentrate on other things, which is no easy task since I don't exactly have a fantastic attention span anyway. =P

I still have the feels for the older games; it's too bad that the company is a shadow of its former self - and playing them makes you realise that the industry has just become another vapid subcategory of hollywood.

Galuf
01-25-2015, 05:12 PM
ive been playing FF IV for PsP today. and like evryday for like a year ive been playing FF ( not literaly every day)

Dat Matt
01-25-2015, 05:39 PM
Played FFX HD for the lets play earlier. Currently playing FFXIV right now.

#addicted

Pumpkin
01-25-2015, 06:06 PM
I play FF pretty regularly

Lawr
01-25-2015, 06:33 PM
As of two weeks ago, I've finally finished all of the games in the main franchise that aren't part of the terrible XIII Trilogy!

All thanks to the handy gameboy on my phone, of course. Now when I'm bored between classes I will load a FFIVA savestate and fight the four elemental emperors again or fight Zeromus, because those are some damn fun boss battles! I will say that I got bored to death with FFV's story so once I got to World 2 I just gave everybody Ultima Weapons and breezed through the rest of the game.

I was planning to restart all of the PSX games (and X!) this week, but now that I'm gainfully employed again, I can't play through them the way I want to.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-25-2015, 06:41 PM
It's uh... been a few years.

Egami
01-25-2015, 06:54 PM
Took a break from replaying VI just now. I have been on a FF spree over the last two months. Finished the XIII saga (ugh), replayed X/X-2 in their remastered versions, replayed VII and VIII and am nearly done with VI after which I'll resume my replay of V again. After that...I'm in the mood of revisiting IV to finish it again.

Sephex
01-25-2015, 07:23 PM
A few months, thought I have been thinking of playing one soon.

Madame Adequate
01-25-2015, 09:23 PM
Just stopped playing the Brave New World ROMhack mod of VI about, ooh, four minutes ago.

Depression Moon
01-25-2015, 09:36 PM
Years for me because during the time it took me to get my bachelor's I didn't have much time for gaming and you have to dedicate time for an RPG. It's not meant to be played sporadically. I believe the last one I played was III on the NES and that had to be back in 2012, let me check that thread I made. It was actually March of 2013 that I beat it. It looks I got frustrated towards the end of the game and took a break from it.

What I'm really mad about is that I haven't played IX in years. I used to play it at least once a year since the game was released. Stuff was getting in the way because of college. I was going to play it on my PS3 last summer, but my PS3 died on me. Now that I graduated and don't have much to do other than apply for jobs and hope I get something, I have plenty of time to play it now. It feels weird going back to it after such a long break and my only option will be to play on an emulator and that seems weird.

Ayen
01-25-2015, 11:23 PM
Last week. I got to the World of Ruin in FFVI. Before that I played FFIV in November, and I plan to play Final Fantasy again in April.

Electroshock Therapy
01-25-2015, 11:46 PM
I voted within the last week.

In fact, it was yesterday. Played Final Fantasy II, beat the Tropical Island and got an upgraded ax for Gordon. Tried to do the short Coliseum. The Behemoth boss is easy as crap. But the new undead zombie monsters that look like all the other undead zombie monsters were too tough for me. They kept inflicted ailments on me, which gave me a big disadvantage. Also, the once stoned my entire party. After five tries, I realized I might as well take a few minutes to level up my Fire spell to Level 6. I think I'm almost there. Every other enemy is fine; it's just those zombie creatures! I need to kill them off in one hit or I'm screwed!

Had lot's of fun, though! :)

Spooniest
01-26-2015, 02:12 AM
I played FF1 a half hour ago, on a NES. :)

Bubba
01-26-2015, 12:40 PM
Played Blitzball on the train to work this morning. Think I'm about half way through the main FFX game. Never finished it so looking forward to see what everyone is raving/moaning about. Might play FFX-2 after that but I'll probably wait a bit.

I have FFIV-FFX on my Vita now so I may play one of the earlier ones.

Loony BoB
01-26-2015, 12:45 PM
Did some quick checks on retainers and mined a couple of things up in FFXIV before heading to work.

Mirage
01-26-2015, 02:12 PM
I played FF10 and 10-2 a bit a few months ago. I expect to dump a hundred hours into Type 0 when it gets here.

Carl the Llama
01-26-2015, 02:31 PM
Literally just logged out of FFXIV.

MissH
01-26-2015, 04:09 PM
I'm playing FFVIII at the mo. I'm struggling to complete it because I feel our relationship has become incredibly stale and I'm now at a stage where I just want it to be over with. It had potential but it was just so dragged out and now it's just blah!

metagloria
01-26-2015, 04:26 PM
I'm always playing an RPG, whether it's FF or not. But I can't stay away from the series for long. I fired up III on the DS a few days ago, because I always like to have a game I can play for a few minutes at a time anywhere.

Shiva95
01-27-2015, 01:31 PM
Today because I'm currently doing Lightning Returns.

Omni-Odin
01-27-2015, 04:33 PM
I play Final Fantasy I on my phone everyday. The last time I played one to completion? Like a year ago with XIII-2. I was almost done with FFX, but was stuck in the middle of trophy grinding and lost interest. That was like 6 months ago.

Freya
01-27-2015, 05:51 PM
I was working through FFX HD recently but it's been a bit since i had time to sit and play it with the holidays messing things up.

Snap Jumper
01-28-2015, 01:03 AM
I was just playing earlier today the badly translated level, "Easterly Falls," in preparation for the "N-Zone." I think it's supposed to be Istory Falls and the Interdimensional Rift. No idea where the name "N-Zone" came from.

Night Fury
01-28-2015, 03:22 AM
I played 14 about a month ago, and then there was a bit of X-2 before that.

maybee
01-28-2015, 08:12 AM
Played through Final Fantasy IX about June- August last year. Thinking about re-playing FF VII soon. c:

Egami
01-28-2015, 01:31 PM
I'm playing FFVIII at the mo. I'm struggling to complete it because I feel our relationship has become incredibly stale and I'm now at a stage where I just want it to be over with. It had potential but it was just so dragged out and now it's just blah!

Yeah VIII kind of drags and is a tad boring until things pick up by the third disc.