PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Seuss

Pheesh
12-24-2014, 01:06 AM
For Christmas I got my little cousin a couple of books from one of my favourite Authors, Dr. Seuss! Unfortunately, the collection they had available for purchase was a little bit weak, but I was able to get him 'Fox in Socks', 'The Cat in the Hat' and 'Oh, the Places You'll Go!' I was truly horrified that they didn't have 'Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories' and 'Green Eggs and Ham,' but even still, I'm so excited for him to read them because they were such an amazing part of my childhood.

Who else used to read or have these books read to them when they were younger?

Jinx
12-24-2014, 01:18 AM
HOP ON POP

RED FISH BLUE FISH

Vyk
12-24-2014, 04:56 AM
I love me some Dr Seuss. It kinda blows my mind that he didn't really like kids. But whatever. Jim Henson didn't want to make just kids stuff either. I considered both imaginative visionaries and would have loved them to team up on something more adult oriented

But yeah, I'm a fan of Seuss. Kinda part of my childhood trifecta. Throw in Silverstein's "Where The Sidewalk Ends" type stuff, and you have a good portion of my quintessential childhood experience

Well... maybe some "Scary Stories to Tell In The Dark" series. Need some nightmares with all that imagination and surrealism

Anyway. Suess rocks

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-25-2014, 07:05 PM
Green Eggs and Ham

Would you eat them in a boat with a goat?