PDA

View Full Version : Do you require a daily dose of caffiene to function?

Pike
01-28-2015, 05:02 PM
I do :(

Pumpkin
01-28-2015, 05:06 PM
No

Madame Adequate
01-28-2015, 05:24 PM
Jesus yes. In the form of soda rather than coffee. But yes absolutely.

noxious.sunshine
01-28-2015, 05:26 PM
Coffee and too much caffeine make me sleepy, nauseated, jittery, and I break out in cold sweats.

Unsweetened Iced Tea is my favorite pick-me-up though. Or a large iced green tea from Starbucks. Yum!!

Night Fury
01-28-2015, 05:34 PM
Yes and it's no sad thing for me. Coffee is one of my greatest pleasures omg I dream of morning so I can have that glorious first cup mmmmmm. Even the smell of coffee just makes me so happy.

Shauna
01-28-2015, 05:54 PM
I don't drink coffee. I have frequently cut caffeine rich fizzy drinks from my diet with no ill effects. Who needs it!

Shorty
01-28-2015, 05:57 PM
Yes. I feel it if I do not.

Psychotic
01-28-2015, 06:02 PM
Gross. :barf:

Pike
01-28-2015, 06:14 PM
I should clarify that I don't like coffee. I get my caffeine from other sources. :shobon:

Pumpkin
01-28-2015, 06:15 PM
I get mine from chocolate and hot chocolate but I don't really need it as like a daily thing or anything. If anything its more of a night time treat

The Man
01-28-2015, 06:23 PM
Not anymore. I used to drink caffeine before work until I decided it was making me too jittery. I stopped without any real problem.

Ayen
01-29-2015, 12:17 AM
Nope. I don't like coffee/tea and gave up pop cold turkey, so I don't need caffeine from either substance.

CimminyCricket
01-29-2015, 12:24 AM
I don't know if I need it for the caffeine, but I drink coffee in the morning to put something in my stomach in between oranges. I don't like having water when I'm eating because it washes all the tastes away. :C

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-29-2015, 01:06 AM
I don't require it. But I do have a bit of an addiction to it. I crave it constantly. But I have been trying to go 'clean' so to speak. I haven't had energy drinks or soda in the past week. Well, I've caught myself ordering soda a couple times, but I don't drink it on the reg.

Jessweeee♪
01-29-2015, 04:05 AM
I need it to pretend I like people

Mirage
01-29-2015, 04:08 AM
Nah, I can function without it. Just like you could drive a car without oil in its engine.

I Took the Red Pill
01-29-2015, 04:33 AM
Nah, I can function without it. Just like you could drive a car without oil in its engine.Yeah, this, essentially. It's nice that the caffeine wakes me up in the morning, but the true pleasure lies in sipping and enjoying a cup of strong black coffee and screwing around on the internet for half an hour before I have to go get buttsmurfed by the day. Not really a necessity, but a ritual that I've come to love nonetheless.

Shiny
01-29-2015, 05:25 AM
Nah I don't require them daily, I just really enjoy hot drinks. The best is waking up on a cold day to some hot tea or hot coffee perfectly and freshly made. Smells delicious and warms my body. The only thing I enjoy about winter is that feeling.

chionos
01-29-2015, 09:20 AM
I voted yes, but there's more to coffee for me than the caffeine. I stopped drinking pop to no ill effect, but I'll never give up my coffee. It's not just a morning thing, though. I'll drink it from sunup to sundown, straight through the night, in my sleep, whatever.

I used to love it spiked, too, but a while back I went a few days without sleeping and then drank two pots of coffee/whiskey in about two hours and got sick as a dog.

Night Fury
01-29-2015, 11:13 AM
*reads this thread and needs coffee all of a sudden*

Old Manus
01-29-2015, 12:00 PM
I've drunk hundreds upon hundreds of cups of coffee in my time but have never felt anything tangible from the caffeine. Maybe I'm drinking it wrong.

theundeadhero
01-29-2015, 04:50 PM
Yeah, but I don't see any reason to :( about it.

Værn
01-29-2015, 07:23 PM
I was on a good caffeine-free streak through most of last year, but then I ended up working third shift for a while and got hooked on the stuff again :(

Mirage
01-30-2015, 04:23 AM
*reads this thread and needs coffee all of a sudden*

weird, i don't know why that would happen.

Shoeberto
01-30-2015, 02:42 PM
I try not to overdo it on caffeine for a lot of reasons, but a good cup of joe in the morning is, in my opinion, one of life's greatest pleasures. Especially on the weekend when you can just sit around and do whatever you want while slowly sipping.

Still, I try not to drink more than 2 cups a day, and maybe a soda if it's available.

Yar
01-30-2015, 04:40 PM
I make myself a pot of coffee every morning and it makes me an all-around better person for the rest of the day :)

I don't drink much of anything else besides water and tea on occasion. I have pop only very sparingly. There are so many empty calories in pop!

Mirage
01-30-2015, 04:52 PM
i make some pot and coffee in the morning too

escobert
01-30-2015, 05:59 PM
I don't require it but, I do like a cup of coffee.

Egami
01-30-2015, 06:13 PM
Nah. I drink a cup at work sometimes but it is not something I find myself needing to do on a daily basis.

Dark_Valentine
01-31-2015, 04:33 PM
I can function without it for about a day and then I get a terrible migraine :(

frankharem
02-01-2015, 11:13 AM
Not really. I only drink coffee when I feel like it and when I'm craving that coffee taste. I have gastritis so as much as possible I refrain from drinking caffeine. There are low acid coffee available but they still make my stomach ache when drank early in the morning.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-01-2015, 02:28 PM
Not anymore. I was drinking entirely too much soda and when I decided I wanted to improve my quality of life and get in shape, I quit cold turkey.

For a few days afterwards I would walk past it in the store like

krissy
02-01-2015, 02:53 PM
*hourly

Iceglow
02-02-2015, 07:03 AM
Because chemically speaking, Tea has as much caffeine in it per cup as coffee (mostly because of equivalent strengths and measures and what-not) I'm going to have to say yes. However, a cup of coffee or a cup of tea in the morning is not nearly as important as the daily ritual I perform on waking up. You know, the hour or more of preening myself to ensure that when I walk out the door in the morning I look glorious.

Seriously, average morning for me looks like this:

- Wake up at 5:15am - straight in to the shower
- .5:30am (I like long showers) get dry, put underpants on
- Drink 125ml of Protein shake
- Get ironing board and iron begin ironing
- 5:45 - 6:00am (depends on how tough the suit was to iron today) get in bathroom, begin tidying up the facial hair with razors, tweezers, scissors whatever it takes
- Moisturize face and neck, also elbows (I get super dry skin on my elbows)
- Style hair
- 6:30am - Get dressed (if my housemates are moviing around I may have already put my trousers on)
- 6:35am - Grab a pack of porridge to take to work and if time have a cup of coffee/tea
- 6:45am - Brush Teeth
- 7:00am - Head to work

Note, this is if I'm starting at 7:45am, on weeks where I start at 7am I shave 10 minutes off the shower and skip coffee/tea. I also find a way of not spending quite as much time grooming as I normally do so that I can wake up around the same time but spend only an hour getting ready (leaving for work at 6:15am latest) not 105 mins!

I am fully aware how vain that above ritual of getting ready every morning makes me. I'm also very much aware that most girls are quicker.

Bubba
02-02-2015, 09:16 AM
I have a cup of tea in the morning and occasionally a cup at night, but it's more for the enjoyment of drinking the tea than it is because I need a perk-up.

This pretty much sums me up.

It isn't a necessity but I do enjoy an early morning and early evening cuppa. My evening cup is usually accompanied by some rich tea biscuits.

Mirage
02-02-2015, 09:20 AM
Because chemically speaking, Tea has as much caffeine in it per cup as coffee (mostly because of equivalent strengths and measures and what-not) I'm going to have to say yes. However, a cup of coffee or a cup of tea in the morning is not nearly as important as the daily ritual I perform on waking up. You know, the hour or more of preening myself to ensure that when I walk out the door in the morning I look glorious.

There's like 3 times as much caffeine in coffee when it's ready to be served as a liquid in a cup. Of course, it'll vary with the kind of coffee and tea you use(espresso has like twice as much as "standard" coffee), but it's nowhere near the same amount in each type of drink.