PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear glasses/contacts?

Pike
02-06-2015, 05:01 PM
Or are you one of those lucky people with perfect vision? (Nope, I'm not jealous at all :grumble: )

Pumpkin
02-06-2015, 05:07 PM
my vision is fine

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
02-06-2015, 05:10 PM
I got LASIK surgery!

Well, not exactly. I got PRK, photo keratectomy surgery. Very similar to LASIK. Pretty much the same think.

It is awesome. Be peanut butter and jealous.

Shauna
02-06-2015, 05:20 PM
I wear glasses and contacts. Not at the same time, obviously, but it depends on the occasion.

Psychotic
02-06-2015, 05:27 PM
All about the glasses. Couldn't bear the idea of contacts. I know people say you get used to it but I don't think I could even do it the first time. A few years ago they thought there were some problems with my eyes as they're outside of some spectrum or something. I couldn't let them touch them. As much as I wanted to and know I needed it, my reflex reactions would not allow me to do it! I am too much of a sissypants I guess.

MissH
02-06-2015, 05:37 PM
I have perfect vision (sorry!) But you can't hate me because my sister's blind so I guess one of us had to have good eyes!

The thing is- I really one glasses! Everyone says I look really good in glasses, and I think I'd look much more like a teacher with them :-p But I don't want to be an idiot that has glasses that aren't REAL glasses- because everyone knows that's pretty uncool! And I happen to be seriously cool :cool:

Pike
02-06-2015, 05:41 PM
I actually wore contacts for years but after a while I decided I was tired of taking them in and out every day. They always made my eyes really dry after about eight hours anyway. So now glasses it is!

Ayen
02-06-2015, 05:44 PM
No, but my vision is far from perfect. I notice things are slightly more blurry when I only use my right eye.

Karifean
02-06-2015, 05:49 PM
Perfect vision. Except it's not quite perfect, I can't see quite that well over long distances with my left eye.

Galuf
02-06-2015, 06:15 PM
well i wouldnt say my vision is perfect and i dont wear glasses or contacts. so i say: other

Agent Proto
02-06-2015, 11:50 PM
All about the glasses. Couldn't bear the idea of contacts. I know people say you get used to it but I don't think I could even do it the first time. A few years ago they thought there were some problems with my eyes as they're outside of some spectrum or something. I couldn't let them touch them. As much as I wanted to and know I needed it, my reflex reactions would not allow me to do it! I am too much of a sissypants I guess.

Same here, word for word.

DMKA
02-07-2015, 12:44 AM
I've been wearing glasses for the last couple years. I had 20/20 vision until I was about 23 then things started getting blurry.

Call me crazy, but I feel like wearing glasses has made my vision without them worse. Shortly after I first started wearing them I noticed that everything looks twice and blurry and illegible when I take them off than it did before I started wearing them.

Or maybe it's all in my head.

escobert
02-07-2015, 01:31 AM
I wear reading glasses.

I had perfect vision my entire life until sustaining head injuries. I've worn reading glasses since and my vision gets worse every year.

Denmark
02-07-2015, 06:03 AM
corrective lenses go against natural selection

you blindies should have all died off by now

CimminyCricket
02-07-2015, 06:25 AM
I have perfect vision

with my glasses on.

Chibi Youkai
02-07-2015, 03:40 PM
Glasses. Hopefully Lasik is in the near future though. I'm sick of being blind.

Formalhaut
02-07-2015, 04:38 PM

Yeah the thought of contacts scares me. I know you need to wear contacts for any sort of sports, but still, I don't like the thought of something being in my eye. Also, not to mention, but myself and others are so used to seeing me wear glasses, if I don't wear glasses, I look really weird. I also think I look nicer with glasses, but that' s just me. I'm so used to them now.

The only annoying thing with glasses (besides sports) is the sun. You obviously can't wear sunglasses over your glasses, lest you look strange and don't know how to dress yourself properly. So I always squint and can't see things. But that all changed this week when I finally got a pair of prescription sunglasses! Take that Sun!

Shiny
02-07-2015, 06:22 PM
I wear both but I don't like contacts because I have a dry eye condition and I don't like glasses because it's not great to have something constantly on your face and smudging. I have glasses on right now, but I typically will wear daillies as they don't dry my eyes out as much and thus I can wear them for longer during the day without having to re-wet them.

Jessweeee♪
02-08-2015, 12:17 AM

When I got my contacts the lady at the eye place had to sit with me for like an hour before I could get them in because I'm so squeamish about touching my eye. She was really starting to lose patience, I felt bad. But I did get used to it c:

Pike
02-08-2015, 12:28 AM
Contacts were terrible until I got used to them after a few days. Then I could pop them in and out like a pro.

I just think throwing glasses on in the morning is easier.

Shauna
02-08-2015, 12:31 AM
I just think throwing glasses on in the morning is easier.

P much.

Electroshock Therapy
02-08-2015, 02:16 AM
I use both, but mainly glasses. When I'm going out into the world, I wear contacts because I think I look better without glasses. But if I'm staying indoors, glasses are so much faster and my hands don't get wet. Or at least they shouldn't! :eek:

Jessweeee♪
02-08-2015, 03:47 AM
Mostly I only wear my glasses in bed watching tv, otherwise the contacts always. The glasses agitate my acne and I constantly push them up my face whether I need to or not and it bugs me that I can't stop doing it. Also, I seem to have better depth perception with the contacts somehow. Maybe it's my astigmatism or just my imagination :p

fire_of_avalon
02-08-2015, 04:43 AM
Without glasses my visual acuity is something like 20/30 which my eye doctor says means I don't "need" glasses but she gets why I want them. I wear my glasses when I drive and when I want to see something far away. Which means 95% of the time they chill in their case or I forget them at work.

Funfact: my glasses correct my visual acuity to 20/15 which means I kinda become a superhero when I put them on. Need to tell if that oak tree has a bird's nest in it but we are far away? There's a slight chance I will see it before you!

Værn
02-09-2015, 03:56 AM
I wore glasses until last spring. I've always had contacts sitting around that I'd put in once in a while, but I didn't start using them regularly until I got into horseback riding.
I may need to get some prescription goggles or something for riding, though. The second-to-last time I went to the ranch before they closed down for the winter, I raced down some of the trails with one of the wranglers... I got going fast enough that the wind in my face actually made me lose one of my contact lenses, and I was told afterward that the horse that I was riding (who I'd been riding for about the past month before then) was actually a retired race horse o.O

Shorty
02-09-2015, 04:51 AM
I wear glasses. My contacts expired and I need to order more so I can do things without worrying about my glasses' function and/or appearance in certain situations.

Getting into contacts was so frustrating to me at first. For the first two weeks I started wearing them, it would take me thirty minutes each morning to put them in. I would cry and cry out of frustration, which, of course, only made putting them in worse. Getting the hang of putting them in is the biggest accomplishment of my life to date.

Chibi Youkai
02-09-2015, 06:32 PM
Yes. This is why I don't wear contacts. I can't get over the frustrated part. If I can't get them in after 45min, it just doesn't happen. I think I've gotten contacts in on my own twice in less than an hour.

Jess
02-09-2015, 11:08 PM
I wear contacts. It takes me about 10 seconds to pop them in. I very rarely wear my glasses, I don't like how glasses feel on my face and I can't stand seeing the outer frames.

Night Fury
02-10-2015, 12:24 AM
I wear glasses for reading or if I'm working at the computer a lot. I remember glasses being stuck to my face for the 5 months I was writing my thesis. I was a proper nerd yo.

radicaledward124
02-10-2015, 08:18 AM
I'm nearly blind i wear glasses but without them i can't see anything.

blackmage_nuke
02-10-2015, 12:55 PM
I don't wear my glasses them unless I've paid to look at something far away like a movie or a sports or an art.

Laddy
02-11-2015, 01:42 AM
I probably need glasses but I don't have any real ones. I have frames I wear with certain outfits for fashion purposes because I'm a terrible person.

chionos
02-11-2015, 03:18 AM
Both, but mostly glasses. I go through phases of wearing only one or the other. Right now I'm in a long-lasting glasses phase.

Sephex
02-11-2015, 04:11 AM
Nope. Never needed them. Though, I am in my 30s, so I wonder how long I have left until I have to start wearing glasses. My father was in his very late 30s or early 40s before he succumbed to reading glasses.