PDA

View Full Version : What you get for Christmas?

Ayen
12-25-2014, 05:32 PM
A thread for everybody to share what they got for Christmas this year. This is what I got:

Alien Isolation [PS3]
Armored Core Last Raven [PS2]
Beyond Two Souls [PS3]
Buffy the Vampire Slayer [XBOX]
Dead Space [PS3]
Final Fantasy XI Vana'Diel Collection 2008 [PC]
Kingdom Hearts II [PS2]
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City [X360]
Silent Hill HD Collection [X360]

I now have every mainline Final Fantasy game in my possession! Yippee!

Pike
12-25-2014, 05:33 PM
I haven't gotten any presents yet other than a couple of Steam games. I'll get back to you.

P.S. Nice vidya haul ToriJ :jess:

escobert
12-25-2014, 05:48 PM
Kureg
Bogs insulated rubber boots
smart wool socks
thermal underwear
Deluth trading post insulated work pants
flannel shirts
cat grooming comb

noxious.sunshine
12-25-2014, 06:07 PM
New bag
His & Hers matching cappuccino mugs
Pandora charm from my kiddo
Picture frame

Ayen
12-25-2014, 06:15 PM
P.S. Nice vidya haul ToriJ :jess:

Thank you. My reviews for Women's Month just got more interesting.

Ergroilnin
12-25-2014, 06:35 PM
200 euros for the summer holidays with friends
30 euros for random spending.
One awesome ax! Living in a flat does require some wood chucking!
A very nice piece of meteorite. I just love the idea of a piece of iron that came to the Earth after it's forming through infinite space being in my room. Sue me :shifty:

Aulayna
12-25-2014, 06:48 PM
From Grandparents:

Amazon & Debenhams vouchers

From colleagues:

Nail Polish set
Valkyria Chronciles (PC)
The Walking Dead Season 2 (PC)

From EOFF:

Duck Tales Remastered (PC)
The Best Christmas Card Ever

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-25-2014, 06:50 PM
George R.R. Martin's Untold History of Westeros book and a vinyl record player top the list of things I'm enjoying today. Those were the only two items I asked for, so I'm happy to have been gifted those among other things, as well.

When I unwrapped the record player the metaphorical clouds parted ways and I wanted to hold the box up like Simba.

Freya
12-25-2014, 07:07 PM
A marble rolling pin
Silicon basters
A kitchenaid mixer
Comfy socks
Slow cooker cookbook
Heat changing mug. Has zombies on it when it's cold and robots when hot.

Yah I'm a homemaker I guess

Pike
12-25-2014, 08:40 PM
Alright, posting my loot haul:

Vidya:

Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Pack
Faery - Legends of Avalon (From Auly! :love: )
Dead Island - Epidemic (from HC!)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Pokemon Omega Ruby

Non-vidya:

Game of Thrones blanket
Crock Pot
Silverware (I've been using plastic okay)
Star Trek TNG Movie Collection on Blu-Ray
Toy Story Trilogy on Blu-Ray
Game of Thrones Longclaw Sword Letter Opener
Box of chocolates
One of those clocks shaped like a cat with moving eyes and tail

And since it's close enough, my birthday haul from a few days ago:

Vidya:

Grim Dawn
NEO Scavenger

Almost Vidya:

Awesome silver chromed XBox 360 controller

Non-vidya:

Darth Vader bank
Winter gloves
A Song of Ice and Fire book collection

SO YEAH a seriously good haul :chocobo:

EDIT: Forgot that my dad also loaned me blu-rays of X-Men: Days of Future Past and Rise of the Planet of the Apes "until you feel like giving them back" so I guess I kind of got those too.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-25-2014, 09:32 PM
Lost season 2 and 3
The Science of Interstellar by Kip Thorne
$25 Amazon gift card
$100
Some hot sauce.

Psychotic
12-25-2014, 09:34 PM
Lost season 2 and 3Hey, Steve, do you prefer Sawyer or Jack? Our entire friendship rests on this.

Pumpkin
12-25-2014, 10:58 PM
Video games:
Record of Agarest War
Atelier Escha and Logy
Fairy Fencer F

Salem's Lot (my favourite Stephen King book)
Hello Kitty mug and teddy
Snow globe
Calendars
Odds and ends like chocolate and a bottle opener

fire_of_avalon
12-26-2014, 01:38 AM
I got a stand mixer. I am going to have bake offs with Freya.

Also really nice earrings, gloves with fingertips for texting, some lovely hand made winter hats and some good food. And some Burt's Bees stuff.

I am a lucky person. My favorite thing about today was helping the kids open presents. And my cousin got emgaged, that was pretty great too.

Pheesh
12-26-2014, 01:44 AM
New Jamie Oliver cookbook
A garlic crusher
Singlet
Animals as Leaders t-shirt
Italian soccer kit

And these next few were joint presents given to Tara and I

$140 Gold Class cinema voucher (it's the movies but with sofas, nice food and booze)
A collection of American style bbq sauces.

Nothing too big on there but all the stuff I got made me super happy.

Ayen
12-26-2014, 01:47 AM
Game of Thrones blanket

They make Game of Thrones blankets? =o

fire_of_avalon
12-26-2014, 02:54 AM
New Jamie Oliver cookbook
A garlic crusher
Singlet
Animals as Leaders t-shirt
Italian soccer kit

And these next few were joint presents given to Tara and I

$140 Gold Class cinema voucher (it's the movies but with sofas, nice food and booze)
A collection of American style bbq sauces.

Nothing too big on there but all the stuff I got made me super happy.

I am interested to know about these BBQ sauces

Night Fury
12-26-2014, 03:05 AM
My baby got me a Nespresso!!!!

Pheesh
12-26-2014, 03:25 AM
I am interested to know about these BBQ sauces

There's 4 varieties; hot and spicy, hickory, honey chipotle and cherry. I'll keep you updated on their deliciousness as I sample each one.

Vyk
12-26-2014, 05:35 AM
Girlfriend had this awesome Xenoblade Chronicles shirt made for me

You can't see it but its designed out all words using the character battle cries and skills they use in battle

Also got a nice pressed leather Attack on Titan wallet

And Danganronpa for my growing VitaTV collection~

Also got socks, undies, and a nice Nivea bath set

My girlfriend also got Samurai Warriors 4 on PS4, so I guess that's kinda one. I have access to it at least :]

We also both got tons of GameStop money. So games will be incoming

Pike
12-26-2014, 09:19 AM
Game of Thrones blanket

They make Game of Thrones blankets? =o

Yup! This is what I got: http://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-Family-Crests-Blanket/dp/B00INA3ZJC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419585521&sr=8-1&keywords=game+of+thrones+blanket

Bubba
12-26-2014, 10:55 AM
MissH and I only exchanged a couple of presents. We're waiting till her Dad comes out of hospital before we celebrate Christmas properly and open presents then. MissH is amazing though and knows me far too well :D

She got me

- Final Fantasy X HD PS Vita
- A PS2 with San Andreas and Vice City (my old one died ages ago and I still have a huge collection of games for it)
- A quiz book from the TV show Pointless

Shauna
12-26-2014, 11:12 AM
I have been gifted the greatest game ever: Ride to Hell Retribution. Thanks kind friend for your sick enjoyment of other peoples pain.

Psychotic
12-26-2014, 11:30 AM
I have been gifted the greatest game ever: Ride to Hell Retribution. Thanks kind friend for your sick enjoyment of other peoples pain.LP it.

Shauna
12-26-2014, 11:45 AM
I would have to LP it with our good friend Barry Wheeler, as it is her cruelty that has led us here.

Ayen
12-26-2014, 11:48 AM
Never heard of the game, but I'm guessing it's appropriately titled.

Psychotic
12-26-2014, 01:19 PM
I would have to LP it with our good friend Barry Wheeler, as it is her cruelty that has led us here.BARRY :argh:

Night Fury
12-26-2014, 01:23 PM
My family back home also pretty much paid off my credit card too, which is fab as now I can hold onto my tax rebate and get myself a few little treats.

I'm thinking of paying to get some of my Dad's wonderful photography printed out big and framed. I'd love to have something of his on the walls to remind me of home and brighten up the place. I may also grab a new game for my 3DS.

Leigh
12-26-2014, 02:15 PM

Sephiroth
12-26-2014, 02:44 PM
Mainly this and a calendar with the cutest two cats, ours:

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/141226/5pl3p3fk.jpg

sharkythesharkdogg
12-26-2014, 03:12 PM
I have been gifted the greatest game ever: Ride to Hell Retribution. Thanks kind friend for your sick enjoyment of other peoples pain.

Ah ha ha ha ha.

You have great friends. This game gets extra points for well developed female characters. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrKAuwL7dkM)

and by well developed I mean I think the developers heard that request and thought people meant, "Make those tits bigger. They're supposed to be well developed."

noxious.sunshine
12-26-2014, 04:00 PM
My dad gave me $100. But that's more because it's something he's always always done whenever one of us has to leave.

Doesn't make it any easier to be away from him though.

Spooniest
12-26-2014, 07:37 PM

I got the new Final Fantasy game that came out! :D My new "Entertainment System" from Nintendo should be here soon

Psychotic
12-26-2014, 08:02 PM

I got the new Final Fantasy game that came out! :D My new "Entertainment System" from Nintendo should be here soonI'm not a fan. Too much Day 1 DLC and microtransactions.

Sephiroth
12-26-2014, 08:17 PM

I got the new Final Fantasy game that came out! :D My new "Entertainment System" from Nintendo should be here soon

Hey, hey, hey.

http://fs2.directupload.net/images/141226/tztzykei.jpg

Shoeberto
12-26-2014, 08:50 PM
My family needs to coordinate better. At every gathering (four total), I got a racist tirade. I guess it was the hot item this year.

fat_moogle
12-26-2014, 09:02 PM
I got:

- PlayStation Vita
- GTA V
- Trainers
- Alarm Clock
- Pyjamas
- Mug
- Backpack
- Gloves
- Chocolate
- Money
- Deodrant
- Aftershave

Cheers Santa!

Shiny
12-27-2014, 05:55 AM
People gave me
-A toy made of me. Not many people can say that.
-pajamas which I love as a gift as I wear pajamas 99 percent of the time when I'm home.
-sweaters which I didn't need more of but they're awesome nonetheless
-thermals
-a scarf
-mitten glove things that are basically neither

I gave other people
-Super Smash Bros for 3DS
-Amibo (Yoshi)
-gift cards ranging from $30-$50
-Molton Brown lotion and body washes
-Groceries
-A Mickey Mouse sweater

I got myself
-an awesome Indiana Jones style hat
-Pre-owned super cheap copies
of Borderlands, Borderlands 2 and Tomb Raider for xbox 360
-Molton Brown body wash and lotion

Spooniest
12-27-2014, 08:24 PM
I got a NES knockoff that was totally worth the $26 I paid for it. ^_^

Vermachtnis
12-27-2014, 08:40 PM
I got vidya games!
-Ni no Kuni (PS3)
-Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
-Gravity Rush (Vita)
-Touch my Katamari (Vita)
-Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Steam)
Also a pretty cool Spider Man hoodie, wish it wasn't 60 degrees so I could wear it.
and some money.

I gave other people
-A deep fryer (Dad)
-Agatha Cristie books: And Then There Were None, Murder on the Orient Express and a Hercule and Miss Marple short story collection (Mom)
-A space heater (sister)
-A fluffy ass owl doll (neice)
-Half minute hero (Friend)

My mom and niece are the easiest people to shop for. My niece is just one and my mom is like me, but with books instead of games.

Ayen
12-27-2014, 08:42 PM
Touch my Katamari just sounds dirty.

Sephex
12-27-2014, 08:43 PM
From my family:

http://i.imgur.com/hx941I9.jpg

From my girlfriend (shirt from her family):

http://i.imgur.com/9hAgDEW.jpg

Vermachtnis
12-27-2014, 09:33 PM
Touch my Katamari just sounds dirty.

I pretty sure that's why they picked it.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-27-2014, 10:53 PM
I got the same thing I get every year from my mother. And I love it.

And I am still waiting on a Carhart jacket from my dad. I picked it out when I was home. I am super super excited for it.

Dark_Valentine
12-28-2014, 12:26 AM
I mostly got things for the house...but I got almost the complete collection of Hayao Miyazaki films ^.^ ...also...a Totoro blanket!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-28-2014, 12:40 AM
Well duh, I am p awesome.

I ate the smoked cheddar and the crackers and one of the sausages for dinner on Christmas Eve. It was grand. :)

And I want all of those DVDs. Right now.

Calliope
12-28-2014, 04:37 AM
I was extremely spoiled this Christmas. Spuuky got me an enormous plush electric blanket. It's so soft, and really warm without being plugged in. Giggles drew and framed my portrait, and gave me some money to put towards my next tattoo. Their parents gave me a bird calendar and an electric guitar! Spuuky's uncle stopped by and was surprised to see me drinking whiskey. The next day he came back again, just to present me with a bottle of really expensive scotch - he doesn't give gifts to anyone really, so I'm extra extra spoiled, man. I got Spuuky a boring game but he seems to like it fine so far, phew.

Spooniest
12-28-2014, 09:18 AM
Their parents gave me [...] an electric guitar!

What kind!?

I am an expert

magewarrior
12-30-2014, 12:27 PM
I've always wanted a good tablet so each month I put a little something away and after months of waiting I finally had enough to get an iPad Air 2 for Christmas, and here it is ^_^ ...

http://i.imgur.com/iYnybQ7.jpg

Loony BoB
12-30-2014, 01:41 PM
TARDIS reference-ing hoody, t-shirt, cologne, chocolate, lego dude torch keyring thingy, GAME vouchers. Always a small Christmas when your family are at the far end of the world and your wife's family don't do Christmas. :shobon: Just happy to be with the lovely wife, we had an amazing Christmas feast.

KentaRawr!
12-30-2014, 02:30 PM
A rice cooker! I love it! I can steam veggies while I make rice. :3

Pike
12-30-2014, 06:35 PM
I got Spuuky a boring game

What game?

Calliope
12-30-2014, 06:36 PM
The new Dragon Age game. What should I get him for his birthday?

Pike
12-30-2014, 06:38 PM
The new Dragon Age game. What should I get him for his birthday?

A Steam gift card.

(that's what I always want for my birthday, anyway)

Vyk
12-30-2014, 08:13 PM
Dragon Age boring.. Ha!

Shlup
12-31-2014, 06:06 AM
BJ got me a really nice gaming headset, and my friends got me a few games. I don't know what my mom got me yet.

Pike
12-31-2014, 10:41 AM
Dragon Age boring.. Ha!

I have yet to play any Dragon Age game. :shobon: Bioware doesn't interest me much these days so these games were never really up there on the top of my To-Play list.

Spuuky
12-31-2014, 06:57 PM
Dragon Age boring.. Ha!

I have yet to play any Dragon Age game. :shobon: Bioware doesn't interest me much these days so these games were never really up there on the top of my To-Play list.What a terrible, terrible mistake. Dragon Age (the first one) is one of the all-time great RPGs.

Vyk
12-31-2014, 08:08 PM
Yeah, as far as retro nostalgia goggles go, it was one of the first and leading games in the return to form for CRPGs. The only thing is it changed the camera angle so that you're down in the tick of it, behind the characters, rather than first person or strictly overhead (though overhead was still an option). Though it is a completely different flavor from most cRPGs that focus mostly on quests and world-building and possibly some story. While BioWare tends to focus more on characters and lacing everything up with the story and world-building. It comes across as more cohesive to me than most, but I can imagine it kinda being in the uncanny valley as far as those things go since not many other games even try to be that organic about everything. To each their own. But BioWare won me over long ago, and even during their worst missteps, it was usually a better experience for me than most games at the time. Not sure what causes their formula to have the effect it does, but I usually feel the most invested in their types of gameplay these days

Ayen
12-31-2014, 08:11 PM
This reminds me that I still need to play Dragon Age Origins. I only played Dragon Age 2 and all the Mass Effect games.

Spooniest
12-31-2014, 08:35 PM
Additional Post-Christmas stuff I got!

Acoustic strings and a locking strap for my guitar...believe it or not, guitars fall off from time to time if the straps aren't locked in place. Yay!

A set of metric Allen wrenches, because my gf's AriaProII (an electric guitar) needed them. Set up the neck, action, intonation, now it plays like a dream! :D

A bottle of Manischewitz. Happy New Year!

Colonel Angus
01-01-2015, 01:59 AM
I could use a shtickle of Manischewitz right about now.

Formalhaut
01-01-2015, 02:08 AM
This reminds me that I still need to play Dragon Age Origins. I only played Dragon Age 2 and all the Mass Effect games.

Did you enjoy them Tori?

Anyway, this Christmas, I received:

- A nice leather messenger bag
- An autobiography
- Juggling balls
- A toiletry set
- A scarf
- Assorted chocolates
- iPad Mini Case
- Fake mustaches
- Christmas Jumper
- Christmas Braces (seriously, they have Santa's face on them)
- £50 Next store giftcard

And I'm probably missing some other things, like stationary and other small things, but that's the gist of it. I love my messenger bag. Really nice leather. No video games, though, unfortunately.

I really want a PS4, so I can get XV and Type-0 when they come out, but I'm just looking at the cost... :crying2:

Denmark
01-01-2015, 03:02 AM
i got over 2 grand in cash and checks

i am the one percent, and this is jackass 2013

Ayen
01-01-2015, 12:27 PM

Did you enjoy them Tori?

Of course I enjoyed them. BioWare is one of my favorite developers.

Vyk
01-01-2015, 01:42 PM
The combat will be a bit more tactical than the rest of those games, and you'll have to get used to having a silent protagonist again (which still isn't unheard of even these days, so you may not even have to get used to it lol) But otherwise still good ol' BioWare fun times

Night Fury
01-01-2015, 01:52 PM
Spent a little of my Christmas money the other day. Got myself the Age of Empires bundle on Steam, and also bought a nice haul of makeup too. I'm so excited because I haven't bought any makeup for ages really! :D :D :D

I can't wait to play around with these!!!

Pike
01-01-2015, 02:04 PM
I don't dislike BioWare, I just never got the mega hype. Whenever I play a BioWare game my verdict on it is "Well it was pretty good. That's about it. Pretty good. :shrug:"

The games are good, and solid, but they always seemed to be missing something to me. I'm not sure what. I accept that it's probably just me.

Vyk
01-01-2015, 08:31 PM
Well, there's tons of beloved games out there that just don't jive with me, so I can relate. We can't all love everything I guess

Ayen
01-01-2015, 10:39 PM
The combat will be a bit more tactical than the rest of those games, and you'll have to get used to having a silent protagonist again (which still isn't unheard of even these days, so you may not even have to get used to it lol) But otherwise still good ol' BioWare fun times

I watched my brother play the first game and I can tell you right now I'm never going to get used to it. Not after DA2.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-01-2015, 11:31 PM

Shiny
01-02-2015, 03:26 AM

Did you enjoy them Tori?

Anyway, this Christmas, I received:
- Juggling balls
- Fake mustaches

Are you a clown in your spare time?

Mirage
01-02-2015, 04:12 AM
Video games:

Other stuff:
Some clothes, money, a movie I've never heard of

Non-stuff:
5 days with my wonderful family

Electroshock Therapy
01-07-2015, 09:16 PM
REMTV and a nice home-made Tom Baker Doctor Who scarf. It's nice and long and warm!

I'm slowly working my way through REMTV. I want to savour it. :)

metagloria
01-07-2015, 09:24 PM
$100, which became payment for an artist who did the cover art for my forthcoming tenth album.
A roll of duct tape
An external hard drive

And I also took some other spare cash and bought myself Prince's "Art Official Age".

Ergroilnin
01-07-2015, 09:31 PM
A roll of duct tape

What.

Ayen
01-09-2015, 12:39 AM
REMTV and a nice home-made Tom Baker Doctor Who scarf. It's nice and long and warm!

That is so cool. Pictures?

Electroshock Therapy
01-09-2015, 02:26 AM

That is so cool. Pictures?

Sure thing! Luckily, my dad never comes to a family gathering without a camera.
And it's thanks to my mum for she made it. It's the only picture of the scarf I have. I know it doesn't show it, but it comes down to my ankles. I love it!