PDA

View Full Version : bros

Jessweeee♪
12-26-2014, 11:56 PM
http://qz.com/316906/the-dude-map-how-american-men-refer-to-their-bros/

How guys refer to their guy friends according to twitter. My favorite thing about this map is that bro is mostly a Texas thing and yet I never hear people use it. So like, there's a large number of people in Texas who don't actually say bro but tweet it all the time.

Vyk
12-27-2014, 12:08 AM
That's actually really interesting considering the dudebro phenomenon that happened when things like call of duty and fantasy football took off. You'd think it'd be a lot more prevalent. It's not like people outside of that area are unfamiliar with the phenomenon. Sadly I actually see physical examples in my daily life at retail. I wonder why the tweeting is so focused in Texas. Why do my local dudebros not tweet to each other the way they talk to each other? Very interesting

Psychotic
12-27-2014, 12:39 AM
I call everybody bro and dude regardless of gender and I am not ashamed.

Crop
12-27-2014, 12:48 AM
The heck is wrong with calling a good friend 'bro' or 'dude'?

Vyk
12-27-2014, 03:28 AM
Nothing, in and of itself. Until you start extending the primary vowel to ridiculous extents, and start acting constantly drunk. Duuuuude~ Broooooo~

...unironically of course

Shorty
12-27-2014, 03:47 AM
I say dude and man. I say these a lot, and I say it to whoever I am talking to, regardless of gender.

Pike
12-27-2014, 06:20 AM
I call everybody bro and dude regardless of gender and I am not ashamed.

This.

And I don't know about how other people use the term but I use "bro" as the ultimate marker of friendship. If I tell you that you are my bro, then it means that I think very highly of you and consider you to be someone I have a strong rapport with.

It also means you probably have great taste in video games.

Shauna
12-27-2014, 10:24 AM
I say dude and man. I say these a lot, and I say it to whoever I am talking to, regardless of gender.

These are my go to terms too, dude.

Sephex
12-27-2014, 10:34 AM
Dude, I love me my broseohiroths.

DK
12-27-2014, 01:03 PM
I also call almost everyone bro or dude regardless of gender. "Brother" on the other hand is restricted to a handful of my realest people.

Ayen
12-27-2014, 01:15 PM
We can call women bros?

Good to know.