PDA

View Full Version : Fargo (the series)

Shorty
12-27-2014, 02:24 AM
Has anyone watched this? I'm just turning it on now!

I've heard it's incredibly critically acclaimed and that Martin Freeman is, of course, phenomenal.

Shorty
12-27-2014, 04:09 AM
yes I will double post in my own thread

So happy to see Special Agent Lundy in this! AND we've got sweet little baby-faced Tom Hanks, Jr.? Is Michael C. Hall going to show up soon, too?!

Feels a bit slow, but things are definitely interesting. True Detective also felt slow, and the payoff was phenomenal. I get the feeling of a very mild and not-quite-so-mindsmurfing David Lynchian setup going on, especially with some of the shots and panning.

I also like Billy Bob Thornton quite a bit, but there's something about him that I don't like. Like he's almost selling me on his calm-and-collected deranged-Joker-psychopath thing, but not all the way. I hope he pulls his act together a bit more after he has some time in his role.

Martin Freeman is quite swell! I was incredibly confused about his accent at first because it sounded like he couldn't make up his mind whether or not he wanted to be a Canadian, a Minnesotan, or an Irishman. He's doing pretty alright for it, though.

Excited to see where this series goes!

Rostum
12-27-2014, 05:28 AM
My dad used to go on about how good this show was, I really should start watching it and catch up.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-27-2014, 05:31 AM
I like the Fargo movie, and I was very skeptical about this when i heard it was happening. I keep meaning to watch it now though since I've only heard good things.