PDA

View Full Version : Gaming with Cats?

radicaledward124
12-28-2014, 09:10 AM
So i have 5 cats now that we add 2 3 month old kittens to our heard and all of them are mom's kittens. So each time i sit down to play i have to coordinate 5 cats who want to be around mom, and mom just wants to game, usually something massive and possibly online.

So anyone else?

I have one on the back of my desk chair, one in my lap 2 under my chair, and the other is at my feet. I just want to know if there are other pet parents or whatever you want to call yourselves that game with their critters.

I also have my pit mix at my feet next to the cats... i have no personal space right now..

Ayen
12-28-2014, 02:49 PM
I don't have cats, so no.

escobert
12-28-2014, 05:58 PM
My little bugger used to think behind my monitor was the greatest place to hang out while I was World vs Worlding in Guild Wars 2.

Now that he's a bit older he just hangs out on the back of my chair or on the bed next to me. He used to always want to be in my lap too and that has subsided as well. Of course I'm pretty much always playing DayZ when gaming now so, I'm always hunched over with my face as close to the monitor as I can to see lol

Madame Adequate
12-28-2014, 06:35 PM
Yeah, there are lots of cats, usually making a pest of themselves and getting in the way. However, they're more likely to try to be on my lap while I write than while I game, for some reason (I think they're trying to save me). In addition, they are very very noisy MEOWBEASTS.

radicaledward124
12-28-2014, 07:54 PM
So these are my littlest ones sleeping while i kick digital butt. They're curled up in my lap, the older ones are with my sister in the other room.

Shorty
12-28-2014, 08:21 PM
I sit indian-style and my cat sits in my lap.

Really, though, for me it's about gaming with dogs, because my dog is terrified of me gaming for some reason. I don't know if it's my reactions to things (I get very scared and yelp and jump) or if he doesn't like the noises or the sounds coming from the tv. Either way, when I turn on Fallout or Bioshock and he just hears the music, he launches himself at me and begins to tremble and pant heavily while he leans his entire 75-pound body into me and pushes his head into my face. :stare: It makes it very difficult to game.

escobert
12-28-2014, 09:24 PM
he launches himself at me and begins to tremble and pant heavily while he leans his entire 75-pound body into me and pushes his head into my face. :stare: It makes it very difficult to game.

Now that I don't live at my moms anymore this is what her Newfie does to me every time I come over -_-

Jessweeee♪
12-28-2014, 09:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx-U091grCE

Vyk
12-28-2014, 11:05 PM
This thread amuses me. Our cat loves to sleep on our laptops when she thinks she can get away with it. She even gets pushy about wanting on them while we're using them if she feels she's not getting enough attention and she's tired or something. She mostly only gets pushy for attention in the morning. I usually work the day shift, so by the time I get home, get a nap, and get some evening/night time gaming in, she doesn't really bother me. She sleeps next to me on the couch, or goes off to do her own thing. So its all cool with me

Sephex
12-29-2014, 04:29 AM
"I see you are busy with your hands. I want you to pet me more than ever now." ~My Cat

radicaledward124
12-29-2014, 07:30 AM
I sit indian-style and my cat sits in my lap.

Really, though, for me it's about gaming with dogs, because my dog is terrified of me gaming for some reason. I don't know if it's my reactions to things (I get very scared and yelp and jump) or if he doesn't like the noises or the sounds coming from the tv. Either way, when I turn on Fallout or Bioshock and he just hears the music, he launches himself at me and begins to tremble and pant heavily while he leans his entire 75-pound body into me and pushes his head into my face. :stare: It makes it very difficult to game.

this sounds so much like my dogs when I game in the living room! all 4 of them just can't be close enough to a human and that's over 150 lbs of dog right there.. too much lol but yeah i get where you're coming from. My pit mix is usually trying to protect me if i jump at a game. and my Kittens have taken to swatting at what's on the screen to help me defeat it. lol

Bubba
12-29-2014, 09:03 AM
I played Fifa with MissH's dog one night and she was terrible. It's like she wasn't even trying. I'm not one to stereotype women not liking sports... but she seemed more interested in my leftover sandwich than actually playing the game.

I might try cats next time and hopefully will have more luck.

Pumpkin
12-30-2014, 05:07 PM
My problem is more trying to sleep with cats in the house

black orb
12-30-2014, 06:06 PM
>>> I have just one cat and is a total pain in the ass, I pity the foo who has 5 of them..:luca:

Shlup
12-31-2014, 06:00 AM
I want a cat, but they are forbidden for now.

escobert
12-31-2014, 12:27 PM
I fell asleep in my computer chair last night with my kitty in my lap :)

Spooniest
12-31-2014, 01:54 PM
First of all, radicaledward124, you have too many fucking cats. Get rid of some of them (preferably by giving them a good home).

Second of all, I only own one cat, but I live with my parents (which I know is both bogus and sad), who owned 4 cats until this year (when one died, RIP Puffy cat). Now they own 3.

Wesley (my cat) is a Russian Blue mixed with something that makes him much bigger than a Russian Blue. He isn't out of shape, no no, he's a walking cat tank. If the 4 cats in the house now were a Final Fantasy party, Wesley is the Fighter, hands down.

This becomes a problem when I'm gaming and he unexpectedly jumps into my lap. He's a bit bigger than your average cat (like, a whole lot of bit bigger), so it's a little unpleasant when he occasionally steps right on my masculine area. :|

But usually when I'm doing something, I can shoo him away by taking a treat out of my jacket pocket and throwing it onto his chair.

My advice for cat owners: Get treats. Get a sandwich bag. Put them in your jacket pocket.

You now have much more control over your cat's behavior by default. :)

Vyk
12-31-2014, 09:12 PM
Eh, cats being nuisances can be annoying from time to time, but I'm not sure anyone wants to change them. Most people talk about how aloof and impersonal cats are. Until you throw on a game, then they want to love you and squeeze you and call you their own. And demand all the attention. They suddenly become the most needy and loving creatures ever. It's kind of amusing

Edit: My girlfriend's best friend is probably well on her way to being a crazy cat lady. She lives with seven at the moment. I'm allergic. So I don't visit lol