PDA

View Full Version : game recording/streaming thing for PS3/4 and PC?

radicaledward124
12-28-2014, 09:15 AM
So I'm looking to try and start making video guides for different games, and i was wondering what the best(reasonably priced) thing is out there to do that. I'm really wanting to try for HD, but really anything will do as long as i can record the game play from the play stations.

Pike
12-28-2014, 10:11 AM
For PC, I use Fraps for videos and OBS for streaming. I'm not sure how to do it on consoles, though.

Shauna
12-28-2014, 10:18 AM
For consoles you need to get a capture card. If you search around you can find one best suited for you.

We have a Roxio HD, but it's not cheap.

Aulayna
12-28-2014, 02:37 PM
Depends what console you have too. XBOX One and PS4 have built in streaming to Twitch functionality.

Mirage
12-28-2014, 10:16 PM
I wouldn't get the roxio if you're going to stream. The roxio thing only works with their own software, and that software is very poor if you want to stream. It can capture video to your HDD in high quality, but the quality it delivers on twitch is mediocre at best, awful at worst. I have an elgato HD60, but that one doesn't work with PS3 because PS3 forces encryption on HDMI, and the HD60 only has HDMI input. The previous elgato box does however support PS3 if you buy component RGB cables to use with it. Out of these two, I found the elgato software to be vastly superior.

radicaledward124
12-29-2014, 07:32 AM
thanks guys!