PDA

View Full Version : Nashville: Great City, or Greatest City?

Spooniest
12-28-2014, 07:06 PM
https://twitter.com/SarahKSilverman/status/548923764076195840

Sarah Silverman being honest and openly praising of someone in authority is rare.

Also, we have a statue of naked people right in the heart of downtown. :D

Please discuss!

noxious.sunshine
12-29-2014, 02:45 PM
You hate Nashville tho.

Spooniest
12-29-2014, 04:08 PM
I have hated it, up to now.

This convinces me not to hate it anymore.

Shorty
12-29-2014, 04:49 PM
I don't think that the words of a city's law enforcement leader makes a town any better or worse than the city itself is. The words here are somehow being drawn to reflect the city, which makes no sense to me. This seems to be more of a matter of police conduct than on the greatness of Nashville, and the philosophy of one officer vs. the rest of them cannot accurately represent them as a whole. His words should be celebrated, for certain, but that is all I'm getting from this.

I would personally not care to visit Nashville. Just like I would not care to visit many states in the south or bible belt.

Spooniest
12-29-2014, 06:45 PM
I would personally not care to visit Nashville. Just like I would not care to visit many states in the south or bible belt.

Nashville is solid blue, actually. We're a bunch of musicians, for goodness' sake. If you start going to the outlying areas it's much more traditional bible belt stuff, but Nashville is rather the hippie hangout of the state.

noxious.sunshine
12-30-2014, 06:52 PM
Nashville is overall not hipster.

There are many cultures/lifestyles/careers represented within the Metro Davidson County area.

Please don't lump the entire place into "Hipster Musicians". While there may be those who are into that sort of thing, there is so much more to my city than just music and hipsters (which, tbh, is something I haven't seen very often in my long time of living there. But I rarely go downtown, so idk).

& Dont assume you know everything about Tennessee as a whole either. Have you hung out on Chattanooga, Knoxville, Memphis, Gatlinburg, or Pigeon Forge? Or Bristol- where there's a NASCAR track?

Or the small towns that are all over the place? Not all places are the way you seem to think they are. Sure, it's the bible belt, but not all places are what you're making them out to be.

The Man
12-30-2014, 07:00 PM
Hippies and hipsters are two completely different things, though. Spooniest was talking about hippies.

I don't know much about Nashville, but that police chief is pretty awesome. If we had more police chiefs like him there'd probably be a lot less of a problem with police violence in this country.

Spooniest
12-30-2014, 07:01 PM
Hahahaha

You thought I meant hipsters

No. NO, I meant hippies. And they are all over the dang place spreading flowers and love. :D And I am one.

Yar
01-06-2015, 03:50 AM
I love Nashville and have been considering moving there~

Definitely my favorite city in the south.

Pike
01-06-2015, 10:32 AM
Never been this far east, except for a brief a layover in Washington DC (technically Virginia I think.)

noxious.sunshine
01-06-2015, 03:09 PM
Yeah. Hippies. Hipsters. Whatever.

It's not chock full of either.

Spooniest
01-06-2015, 03:18 PM
Nashville is too full of hippies!

But also record labels, business owners, college students, doctors, lawyers, under assistant east coast promotion men, football players, football fans, football stadiums, football fans, football fans, musical artists, beer, and football fans. :D

The gist of all this is, geez, I never realized what a happening place this Nashville is. I must've been taking too many crazy pills or something.

The one thing it doesn't have is lots of vintage video game shops. :| But you can order that stuff online, anyway, I suppose.

Ayen
01-06-2015, 09:19 PM
I never been there so I really can't say.