PDA

View Full Version : Do you regularly play games on your phone?

Pike
02-15-2015, 05:03 PM
All these months later and I'm still an Angry Birds Epic addict :redface: I've probably put at least 100 hours into it. I still recommend it for RPG fans :shobon:

CimminyCricket
02-15-2015, 05:04 PM
Sonic CD was a free app on Amazon not that long ago. That's about the only game I play on my phone.

theundeadhero
02-15-2015, 05:44 PM
I haven't really been a fan of any handheld gaming since the Gameboy SP.

Galuf
02-15-2015, 06:13 PM
egh sometimes.. its actually the only thing i seem to use my phone for.

escobert
02-15-2015, 06:14 PM
I play temple run or fruit ninja now and again. But mainly just when really bored and waiting in the car or something.

Mirage
02-15-2015, 06:16 PM
Only when I can spare the battery time it will consume. And when I don't have a 3DS or PSP with me.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
02-15-2015, 06:25 PM
I play Crossy Road all the time at work. It is addicting.

nirojan
02-15-2015, 07:11 PM
I've done my fair share of tap/swipe games, but those get boring & repetitive quick. My forte is fps and RPG's which are more bountiful and playable on consoles and traditional handhelds. Only time I've used a phone for gaming is when I'm rooted in a spot (ie. doctor's office, subway, etc.) and I'm done going thru emails and whatnot.

Mirage
02-15-2015, 07:36 PM
My brother's got a PS4 controller-phone mount and emulates PS1 games. His phone does have a lot better battery time than mine does though. Also, he uses a car a lot while he works so he can charge it anytime he needs to.

Sephex
02-15-2015, 09:22 PM
Chose "other" because I didn't ever play an official phone game outside of emulated stuff until two days ago. A phone remake of the original Dragon Quest caught my eye for 3 bucks, so I picked it up. I really like it and might get a couple of the other ones. I would consider getting the FF ones, but the prices for those are out of hand.

Pumpkin
02-16-2015, 03:08 AM
I can barely text on my phone

Spooniest
02-16-2015, 07:05 AM
I actually have final fantasy for my iphone

I wish I'd known it was available for android but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Night Fury
02-16-2015, 07:20 AM
Frozen Freefall yasssss

Vyk
02-16-2015, 05:56 PM
I still think phone games are kinda gross. The only things that seem to work well are the time wasters that makes me feel like I'm just wasting time. Nothing enthralling. I'd probably like to find a decent phone/tablet game. But the good ones are usually like $15 and it's a hefty gamble

Ayen
02-16-2015, 06:59 PM
My phone doesn't play games.

Slothy
02-16-2015, 10:16 PM
I tried Angry Birds Epic but my god was it mind numbingly boring.

I play things here and there. Mostly just while having a good poop, so not a lot.

Egami
02-16-2015, 11:04 PM
Not really. I have an Android tablet and phone and I've tried out some games but it has never become a habit.

Loony BoB
02-17-2015, 03:19 PM
FreeCell! But lately FFT on the PSP has been taking up my time when I would normally game on the phone.

Del Murder
02-17-2015, 08:07 PM
I play on my phone when a PSP or DS isn't handy. I'm really liking the game Threes. It's good for a quick brain teaser. Other games I loved are Cut the Rope, The Room 1 & 2, and Monument Valley.

Vyk
02-17-2015, 10:26 PM
I keep forgetting some really great games for PC have been ported to phone/tablet. And my tablet can actually play a good portion of them. Including Baldur's Gate (both enhanced and original), as well as Icewind Dale Enhanced (ditto), and hacks of Planescape: Torment and the other Infinity Engine games. Shadowrun Returns is on there, and I'd be surprised if my tablet couldn't run it. And lately I've been taste testing Avadon and Avernum games. And just found out that those are on there. I didn't really like Avadon when I got it off Humble Bundle. But now playing it on my tablet, I'm kinda getting into it

I bet games like Grimrock, and probably even Wasteland 2 and Divinity Original Sin could be ported onto tablet. But those two would be extremely hefty. And KoTOR was put on iPad. I would have bought that if they put it on Android

So I guess options are out there. But almost nothing that comes to mind when you think "phone game" or "tablet game". And certainly not the abysmal garbage that consistently tops the chart for highest rated or most grossing bull crap

Marky Tee
02-20-2015, 07:52 PM
Clash of Clans, yes.
Do we have a dedicated CoC thread here??

Mirage
02-20-2015, 08:47 PM
I tried Angry Birds Epic but my god was it mind numbingly boring.

I play things here and there. Mostly just while having a good poop, so not a lot.

Are your poops normally bad?

Electroshock Therapy
02-20-2015, 09:10 PM
My phone is so old-school all it has is sodoku and some other boring game. And that's all it can do. Really cheap phone that's a dinosaur compared to today's phones. But I'm good with it. :)

So to answer the question. No. No, I don't.

Masamunemaster
02-22-2015, 08:26 AM
I keep trying games like paradise island, or empire z. In the end I just get bored and mad I wasted so much time. I have gotten used to carrying my psp around with random games.

If I could keep interested in stuff I would be happy, any ideas?

Vyk
02-22-2015, 03:40 PM
Yeah, typical mobile games like Flappy Bird or Angry Birds does that to me. Probably because they basically run on the old-school method of simply DOZENS of levels, or just plain old High Score challenges. In that regard, there's a LOT of NES games I can't play anymore for that reason as well (unless it's something uniquely addictive like Tetris). And pretty much the entire Atari 26/7800 library is out for me

That's why I've dug into finding more legitimate games like Baldur's Gate Enhanced or Shadowrun Returns (which isn't even all that good. But if Dragonfall is on mobile, that's a lot better)

There's also a lot of handheld ports, and emulators on there. I can think of quite a few SNES and PSP games available on there you could probably sink your teeth into. I'm considering getting FFVI now that my hate of the art direction has kind of worn off. And maybe it'd look better in action