PDA

View Full Version : Borderland 2 lagging or freezing issues, anyone knows how to fix it?

DanielCLFFF13
12-30-2014, 02:57 AM
I have finished download Borderlands 2 about 2 days ago from Steam. But main issues here is lagging and freezing, when the first time loading screen thing about loading DLC content, the main menu background animation, gameplay even cutscene all lagging or freezing. I tried to search all over internet, change the in-game graphic setting, edit the ini file, all doesn't work, anyone face the same issues?
I want to play this game, help :(

Vyk
12-30-2014, 03:01 AM
You're sure your computer's specifications can handle the game? Are you playing with the controller? I've had games bug out on me if I load them with a control plugged in. Some games like you to load it and plug it in after the game is started (for some reason)

DanielCLFFF13
12-30-2014, 03:11 AM
You're sure your computer's specifications can handle the game? Are you playing with the controller? I've had games bug out on me if I load them with a control plugged in. Some games like you to load it and plug it in after the game is started (for some reason)
Right I forgot to be specific about the my PC spec, here :
RAM : 16GB
Processor : Intel i7
GPU : GTX Titan Black 4gb

Also I have sent ticket to Gearbox support. They have replied, but they say since it's holiday, the technical support won't reply anytime soon. I only given the link to search about my issues.

Nope, I didn't use controller. Just keyboard and mouse.

Vyk
12-30-2014, 04:21 AM
Your specs should definitely be able to handle it. Especially if you were turning down the graphics to get it to load. Maybe try restarting your computer now that its installed. Maybe it tried to change some .NET thing that won't fully take effect until Windows is restarted or something

DanielCLFFF13
12-30-2014, 04:41 AM
Your specs should definitely be able to handle it. Especially if you were turning down the graphics to get it to load. Maybe try restarting your computer now that its installed. Maybe it tried to change some .NET thing that won't fully take effect until Windows is restarted or something
.NET ? .NET Framework? I already restart several time, change the graphic to all low medium, change resolution, to the very small, it still the same. Change the ini file with the recommend value. all still the same.
I want to this game :(

Vyk
12-30-2014, 04:50 AM
Yeah, I was speaking of .NET Framework, which imbeds itself pretty deeply into Windows functionality, so sometimes restarting is necessary for changes/updates to take effect, but I guess that wasn't it. Unlike with DirectX which you can change/update and then immediately use, or play the game that required it. But speaking of which, perhaps some other game you installed messed up your DirectX settings? Maybe check to see if DirectX is up to date. Honestly, I think this is probably beyond the realm of any help I could offer. But I'll still throw out suggestions lol

DanielCLFFF13
12-30-2014, 05:37 AM
Yeah, I was speaking of .NET Framework, which imbeds itself pretty deeply into Windows functionality, so sometimes restarting is necessary for changes/updates to take effect, but I guess that wasn't it. Unlike with DirectX which you can change/update and then immediately use, or play the game that required it. But speaking of which, perhaps some other game you installed messed up your DirectX settings? Maybe check to see if DirectX is up to date. Honestly, I think this is probably beyond the realm of any help I could offer. But I'll still throw out suggestions lol
I tried to update .Net Framework, I already restart, and still lagging. My directx is uptodate according to DirectX version checker.
I don't know it's still lagging a lot, every 1 second or less.

Vyk
12-30-2014, 05:41 AM
Is it just in the loading screens and stuff, or the entire game? Maybe it needs V-Sync, or something. Is there an option for that in the settings? Or perhaps check your graphics card's program. I'm not sure what nVidia's program is called, but it should be able to let you tweak settings specific to that game, or just general settings for everything. Maybe for some reason a ton of post-processing stuff is turned on that shouldn't be or something

DanielCLFFF13
12-30-2014, 05:54 AM
Is it just in the loading screens and stuff, or the entire game? Maybe it needs V-Sync, or something. Is there an option for that in the settings? Or perhaps check your graphics card's program. I'm not sure what nVidia's program is called, but it should be able to let you tweak settings specific to that game, or just general settings for everything. Maybe for some reason a ton of post-processing stuff is turned on that shouldn't be or something
Basically everything that in-game, cutscene, loading screen, I think everything is lagging. V-Sync is already on.
GeForce Experience? It doesn't help too. Tried to launch the game from there and it's still the same.