PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here play Fantasy Life?

Fynn
12-30-2014, 01:30 PM
I got this adorable little game for Christmas. Seriously, it's awesome. I was wondering if anyone else here was playing it. If so, we could exchange friendcodes and play together :) Anyone interested?

Also, feel free to discuss the game in general here. I like that Uematsu and Amano are part of this.

Ayen
12-30-2014, 04:13 PM
You all know what I'm about to say.

Never heard of it.

Fynn
12-30-2014, 05:57 PM
It's a 3DS game, combining an RPG with Animal Crossing-esque life sim elements. It's super fun.

Pumpkin
12-31-2014, 07:38 PM
I've thought about getting it, but I have a wishlist of stuff that comes first

LocoColt04
01-01-2015, 02:43 AM
I've had it since launch day, though I'll admit to not having played much of it thus far. I do rather enjoy the game, but coming out in a timespace relative to Smash Bros and Pokémon ensured that it sat in the metaphorical backseat.

I wouldn't mind playing it some more, though.

Vyk
01-01-2015, 03:42 AM
I got it at launch as well, mostly for my girlfriend though, who thoroughly enjoyed it for a couple of weeks. I have yet to take my crack at it though. Hard for me to get into handheld gaming and maintain interest. Not entirely sure why. Plus my 3DS grip broke so that sort of hinders my potential love of handheld gaming with claw-hand :( But I will probably dig into it eventually. I do approve of them having made the game and am glad to have given them my money for doing so

Skyblade
01-02-2015, 08:32 AM
I've been playing this for a while. Really enjoying it so far, though I'm focusing more on maxing every Life than the story. Not a perfect game, but a really solid foundation to build on.

I just reached Port Puerto, currently working on hitting Expert in everything.

I have yet to use any stat points. I hate allocation systems like that, because I'm never sure where to spend them. I don't think I'm going to get enough to max every stat by the end, and I'm not sure what star distribution would be the best for me.

Fynn
01-02-2015, 10:09 AM
I've been playing this for a while. Really enjoying it so far, though I'm focusing more on maxing every Life than the story. Not a perfect game, but a really solid foundation to build on.

I have yet to use any stat points. I hate allocation systems like that, because I'm never sure where to spend them. I don't think I'm going to get enough to max every stat by the end, and I'm not sure what star distribution would be the best for me.

I intend to max every life too, but I want Hunter to be my "main", so to speak, so I allocate stats to benefit that life specifically.

Skyblade
01-02-2015, 08:43 PM

I intend to max every life too, but I want Hunter to be my "main", so to speak, so I allocate stats to benefit that life specifically.

According to my calculations, you can max 4 of the 6 stats. So a bow damage Hunter would have max Dexterity, Strength, Focus, and Luck (for crits). The rest (about 18 spare points) would be in Vitality or Int for Defense/Magic Defense.

But you would then be really weak as a Mage or Alchemist.